Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Hey Guys, it's a Devblog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Hey Guys, it's a Devblog Empty
PostHey Guys, it's a Devblog

As per usual, my updates have been timely and pertinent this year, and I hope you've all enjoyed the many posts I've made in the Devblog over the past 11 months. Since we're nearing the end of 2012, I have decided to issue yet another of the multitudinous 2012 Devblog entries to keep everyone up to speed. If these posts are becoming too frequent, please don't be shy in telling me to cut back the pace a little.

Dear FSM, I have been a rather subpar Team Lead this year, haven't I? Just as we're seeing the first glimmers of hope trickling in from our beloved programmers, I have for all intents and purposes abandoned the project for large spans of time, especially in the recent few months. As my schedule smooths out and my day-to-day life becomes less demanding, I do plan to be around much more often, and I really do want to apologize for my inefficiency. Enough about my faults though, it's time to go about lauding the accomplishments of our more respectable members.

As some of you may have noticed, Seregon is probably the most skilled team member we've ever picked up. Right now he's working on all sorts of beautiful things like population dynamics, our initial OGRE setup, and the compounds management, which he worked on with a tiny bit of help from yours truly. For these reasons, Seregon has been made a moderator. Congratulations, keep up all of the great work.

NicktheNick (Nick) has made an exceptional showing. His enthusiasm for organizing an quantifying game concepts is just what I want to see in our members, and he has relentlessly expanded old concepts and fleshed out novel simulation systems, always accepting plenty of input from other members. Nick has also been made a moderator, and I've been extremely impressed with his command over the project during my vacancy.

Those two are in command of all lower-ranking members, as are all mods, so listen carefully and call them if there's any trouble in the forums. On a side note, Poisson and Roadkillguy are no longer moderators, not because of any transgressions on their part, but because of prolonged absence. Should they become active again soon for an extended period of time, I'll quickly re-promote them.

That's all for tonight- expect a couple more of these before the world ends as I round up more information and content. In the meantime, doggit kicks all kinds of Belgium with a very subtle nod to Strauss here-

-Scio out
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hey Guys, it's a Devblog :: Comments

NickTheNick
Re: Hey Guys, it's a Devblog
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am by NickTheNick
Thank you so much sciocont for this privilege, I really have an enjoyable time working on these forums with such talented people on such a talent-needing game. I also would like to congratulate Seregon on his amazing work and his well deserved promotion to moderator. I really can't imagine what these past months would have been like without his skills and efforts, especially with so much on his plate!

Also, great job Doggit on one of the best loading screen themes I have ever heard!
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 am by Seregon
Wow, thank you Scio, and Nick, for your praise. I have to admit I've been very busy with work again recently, and haven't been able to contribute nearly as much as I'd hoped to over the past month or so. I do still read almost every post on the forums, and comment where I can, while also trying to make progress on the coding side (which wouldn't have gone nearly so well without Nick's help over the past few weeks, so thank you for that too!).

I can fully understand your occasional lack of time for the project, we all have times when we simply have too many other commitments (as I have recently). While it would ofcourse be very nice to have you around more often - as some of your concept work was what originally got me excited about Thrive - don't worry if your not here all the time, just make sure you don't lose interest! (though I can't imagine you would)
Doggit
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm by Doggit
Thanks for posting one of my songs. For my part I will always be taking part in this project till it is over.
The Uteen
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am by The Uteen
Good news. It seems we might really get going once the end of the world parties are out of the way!

Happy new Bak'tun, everyone. Just 22ish more days to go!
comment
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm by Noone
Fantastic!
We are going up!
I perssonaly think Seregon and Nick will be good moderators, and they deserve it.

@Uteen You good say, (immitating Yoda :)) happy new Bak'tun...Maybe ,,end of world 22th december'' means new era of gaming, relase of... TOTALY EPIC microbial stage!
alduin2013
Topic: comment
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:11 pm by alduin2013
You can count on me to be able to provide the ideas for the game and beyond, maybe even expansion packs when we get the chance to make them. I may even try to learn some programming to help out, if i become great at it that is. let thrive be the best game ever! oh and happy holidays

And a happy new year, if it doesnot end(and by it i mean the world)
WilliamstheJohn
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am by WilliamstheJohn
alduin2013 wrote:
You can count on me to be able to provide the ideas for the game and beyond, maybe even expansion packs when we get the chance to make them. I may even try to learn some programming to help out, if i become great at it that is. let thrive be the best game ever! oh and happy holidays

And a happy new year, if it doesnot end(and by it i mean the world)

I really fell great when you did say ,,and let the thrive be te best game ever'', then i imagine all gaming magazines in world saying how thrive is great... i fell great now!
Post  by Sponsored content

Hey Guys, it's a Devblog

Page 1 of 1