Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass

Go down 
+2
FrogEmpire
Lukas99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lukas99
Newcomer
Lukas99

In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Empty
PostSubject: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 pm

It has come to my attention that no one here has, to my knowledge, put up a topic as to what happens in complete social breakdown. There are many ways this can happen (in real life), such as nuclear war, pandemic, meteorite impact, supper volcano, and many other things (all of which have been exploited by Hollywood), but the problem is how will the game know when a government is know longer able to control things anymore? Should it be based on how much of the population is left or if the government's infrastructure is gone? The truth is I'm not sure that's why I created this topic, to discuss how the game will realize this occurrence has happened.

Also once we establish that, I think we should discuss what happens to the player in this situation. I figured that you would be forced back into organism mode until you could start piece together a government, and it would then begin a more fast paced version of society stage, and depending on the level of technology you were at at the time of the collapse and the type of collapse, you would have access to all salvaged researches. All though I'm not sure how salvaging tech should should happen.
Back to top Go down
FrogEmpire
Newcomer
FrogEmpire

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:58 am

I think we should have some kinda system like in The Settlers that mesures how happy/unhappy the population is. If it drops below a certain level then there are revolts ect.

Also with the natural disasters maybe we could make it so that if one happens it either allows the player to completely rebuild their culture/government ect. or it could unlock a new branch of the tech tree, which is technology invented to adapt to the situation eg. a super volcano [assuming the civ survives] would unlock advanced geo-thermal power generation, building heat and fire resistance ect.

A nuclear war could unlock some kind of radiation-resistance/mutations which potentially make the civilisation more powerful.

A pandemic could unlock advanced medicine, and potentially a much faster road to a cure for disease. Also could speed up nano technology or something like that?

A meteorite impact could allow new metals to be discovered in the meteorite, as well as speed up research into the space stage, maybe?

The above was written assuming the player isn't completely wiped out by the disaster.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:18 am

If Order drops to zero, then the state collapses.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
If Order drops to zero, then the state collapses.
How do you measure order, when different nations have other mindsets than humans?
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Does nobody read current concepts any more?

Society Centre Thread

And here's another related thread, Rebel Cities.

Of course, these both deal with unhappiness in SCs eventually driving to revolt. In the case of severe population loss due to any of these things, it would simply be a matter of the SCs becoming abandoned due to lack of population living there. Basically, you're back to the way you worked in tribal. I don't see what we haven['t covered or can't be assumed with the mechanics we have.
Back to top Go down
Lukas99
Newcomer
Lukas99

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
Does nobody read current concepts any more?

Society Centre Thread

And here's another related thread, Rebel Cities.

Of course, these both deal with unhappiness in SCs eventually driving to revolt. In the case of severe population loss due to any of these things, it would simply be a matter of the SCs becoming abandoned due to lack of population living there. Basically, you're back to the way you worked in tribal. I don't see what we haven['t covered or can't be assumed with the mechanics we have.
Sorry, next time I'll do more research before I post a topic. Lock this please.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:46 am

Good work AK.
/threadends
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass   In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass Empty

Back to top Go down

In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass
Page 1 of 1