Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Detailed Description of Development progress Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Detailed Description of Development progress

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

Detailed Description of Development progress Empty
PostSubject: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 am

I want to try and describe the Development progress as detailed as I can... What that is not crossed is not finished yet... BTW, Red and yellow lines are for notes.

Math and Algorithms:

• Math for taxes, Classes, Economy.
  • Full Algorithms for generating random languages.
  • Algorithms for AI.
  • Math for calculations of AI wars.
  • Auto - Evo Algorithm.
Microbe stage:

• Compounds System. Not finished for All I know.
  • AI.
  • Cell editor.
  • Microbe biomes.
GUI

• buttons for main menu.
  • Settings sub menu that works.
  • Nice background image. Will be easy to find in the concept art forum.
  • "About".
  • Credits. When we finish first stage.
  • Loading Screens.
  • Make GUI from orge that wroks!
  • Muse cursor.
Procedurals:

• Hight maps.
  • War Procedurals.

Music and Sound:

• Space Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmX9pKgU4k8
  • Main Theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzORDb5U5Bc&feature=player_embedded
  • Microbe Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnE1PORPEv4
  • Multicellular Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8URHRnBu6g
  • Civilization Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHc-95myzE
  • Aware Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a4Yh-K6bI
  • War Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vVnLw3HcbA
  • Tribe Theme. // https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_HEjTKtrXuU
  • Credits // http://soundcloud.com/rpthehotrod/thrive-credits
  • Find appropriate noises for animals on sound databases.
  • Tons of ambient sounds.

Last edited by ido66667 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:59 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 am

BUMP!

BTW, Can you please tell me if I missed anything?
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:19 am

still missing from the theme to the tribe as I find more difficult to perform.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:31 am

Doggit wrote:

I added it to the stuff we need to do.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 am

ido66667 wrote:
Doggit wrote:

I added it to the stuff we need to do.

Good. But maybe it's better that you put all the links of all the various versions of the phases so that we have all of them. my signature has not all as can not contain more than a certain number of characters. If you need the link i give you them.

In any case, I found this version of the theme of an old tribal member .. honestly I do not find the maximum and, without boasting, I think I do better, but we could hold for now:

Instead, these are two main versions: (ever the same author of the other Hong) to the Hong really nice I think.

Hong:

Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 am

I honestly do not really like the song you put as Main Theme for credits ( http://soundcloud.com/rpthehotrod/thrive-credits ) I find it very hard to be a song that has nothing to do with a scientific game. In my opinion would be better a more quiet song like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHUPvdpyPY

What do you think? if it is necessary i can change it and make it better
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm

In my opinion, I think we could improve the main menu theme. I think a piece with a large number of string instruments sounds very nice. It gives a sense of epic proportions, or arduous adventures, and of something large and powerful. It has elements of classical music, yet has the epicness of many good theme songs, like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I don't think songs that sound a little like techno or pop are good for this role. What I'm thinking about is a piece like the first minute of this (Yes it's Star Wars!), from 0:00 - 1:00. Obviously, creating a theme like that is very hard. The main points, however, about that piece is the epicness and the string instruments. This piece, from 0:08 - 0:25, also has the same feel. Calm, but epic. Lot's of string.

If you haven't guessed so already, I'm not much of a music person, just giving my two cents!
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:35 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
In my opinion, I think we could improve the main menu theme. I think a piece with a large number of string instruments sounds very nice. It gives a sense of epic proportions, or arduous adventures, and of something large and powerful. It has elements of classical music, yet has the epicness of many good theme songs, like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I don't think songs that sound a little like techno or pop are good for this role. What I'm thinking about is a piece like the first minute of this (Yes it's Star Wars!), from 0:00 - 1:00. Obviously, creating a theme like that is very hard. The main points, however, about that piece is the epicness and the string instruments. This piece, from 0:08 - 0:25, also has the same feel. Calm, but epic. Lot's of string.

If you haven't guessed so already, I'm not much of a music person, just giving my two cents!

I think you are right!
I liked that theme, in the old days.
But I lost the link.

Well, The star wars music is awesome!
You maked me remeber New Hope!

Can't write music with out notes as you see.

I will add the link.

P.S.
Nick, Keep in mind that I am not competing with your theard / threads, I am just puting the same knowledge in a diffrent from.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

ido66667 wrote:
I think you are right!
But I lost the link.

I will add the link.

P.S.
Nick, Keep in mind that I am not competing with your theard / threads, I am just puting the same knowledge in a diffrent from.

Yeah of course no worries. I am glad to see everyone on the forums start organizing the concepts and turning it into programmable models.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
I think you are right!
But I lost the link.

I will add the link.

P.S.

Yeah of course no worries. I am glad to see everyone on the forums start organizing the concepts and turning it into programmable models.

BTW, Log on the IRC, Please, Me and seregon are in there.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:00 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 am

I don't think bumping is truly necessary here..

And it's not really a detailed description of the development progress as there's about 1000 things not on that list that should be there.
I'm sure there will be a central spot for this type of thing and not just "another" forum post.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 am

Carnifex wrote:
I don't think bumping is truly necessary here..

And it's not really a detailed description of the development progress as there's about 1000 things not on that list that should be there.
I'm sure there will be a central spot for this type of thing and not just "another" forum post.

Still wroking on it, Also, I may make it a google doc.
Back to top Go down
Noone
Newcomer

PostSubject: ............   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

ido, i think we have cursor and nick said to microbial biomes are cuted from game concept.
edit that.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Don't mind this thread, we are using the Progress Report as the main repository and this hasn't been updated for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Description of Development progress   Detailed Description of Development progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Detailed Description of Development progress
Page 1 of 1