Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 Microbial trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noone
Newcomer


Posts : 50
Reputation : -4
Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Microbial trailer   Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:43 am

How i know, microbial stage should be relased at end of this year.
We should soon make trailer for microbial stage.
Does somebody think we should soon do it?
That can attract more people to join project.
(Dont now say to it's to early. When we get first playable segmnts for it, it should be maked.
I DOESN'T say to make trailer now, but we are close to it.)




(i also curently study C++ )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 am

dimasciene wrote:
How i know, microbial stage should be relased at end of this year.
We should soon make trailer for microbial stage.
Does somebody think we should soon do it?
That can attract more people to join project.
(Dont now say to it's to early. When we get first playable segmnts for it, it should be maked.
I DOESN'T say to make trailer now, but we are close to it.)




(i also curently study C++ )

I can do a (beta)-trailer, but I need material.

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noone
Newcomer


Posts : 50
Reputation : -4
Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Doggit wrote:
dimasciene wrote:
How i know, microbial stage should be relased at end of this year.
We should soon make trailer for microbial stage.
Does somebody think we should soon do it?
That can attract more people to join project.
(Dont now say to it's to early. When we get first playable segmnts for it, it should be maked.
I DOESN'T say to make trailer now, but we are close to it.)




(i also curently study C++ )

I can do a (beta)-trailer, but I need material.

Okay, we should do it when we get first playable segments of game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm

dimasciene wrote:
Doggit wrote:
dimasciene wrote:
How i know, microbial stage should be relased at end of this year.
We should soon make trailer for microbial stage.
Does somebody think we should soon do it?
That can attract more people to join project.
(Dont now say to it's to early. When we get first playable segmnts for it, it should be maked.
I DOESN'T say to make trailer now, but we are close to it.)




(i also curently study C++ )

I can do a (beta)-trailer, but I need material.

Okay, we should do it when we get first playable segments of game.

we work togheder?

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm

I could attempt (attempt being a keyword) making a microbial trailer, though it would be difficult considering my animation skills are not very advanced. By the time I finish we might actually have a microbial prototype though, so it might work.
Back to top Go down
Noone
Newcomer


Posts : 50
Reputation : -4
Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Doggit wrote:
dimasciene wrote:
Doggit wrote:
dimasciene wrote:
How i know, microbial stage should be relased at end of this year.
We should soon make trailer for microbial stage.
Does somebody think we should soon do it?
That can attract more people to join project.
(Dont now say to it's to early. When we get first playable segmnts for it, it should be maked.
I DOESN'T say to make trailer now, but we are close to it.)




(i also curently study C++ )

I can do a (beta)-trailer, but I need material.

Okay, we should do it when we get first playable segments of game.

we work togheder?

Yes, il try to photograph my trailer concepts what i made and post it.


@Gryphorox: Okay, i know to animate, but first we need to get something playable to make trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noone
Newcomer


Posts : 50
Reputation : -4
Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re:Microbial trailer   Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm

This is my idea:
You se various colored molecules, floating around very fast.
They bump eachother, unitl they become little prokaryoate.
Then big words appear:LIFE STARTED IN POND...
...IT EVOLVED... (prokaryoate slowly moves through pond and deobes)
...IT SURVIVED...(we se much more evolved eucakaryate)
...AND IT...(EVERYTHING BECOMES BLACK)
...THRIVED
then thrive logo with words microbial stage under it appears in some warm-pond background)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead


Posts : 2312
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't like that idea, it is too cheesy.

I would prefer the idea that poisson or gryphogrox, I can't remember who, mentioned a while back. Then again, that was a trailer for the entire game, but it was still a good idea. Nonetheless, all of this is really not currently relevant anyways since we need to first work on getting the first stage done before anything else, and I'm sure word of mouth and gameplay video's will spread the game much faster than a specific microbe trailer.

_________________
Look at how far we've come when people thought we'd get nowhere. Imagine how far we can go if we try to get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
I don't like that idea, it is too cheesy.

I would prefer the idea that poisson or gryphogrox, I can't remember who, mentioned a while back. Then again, that was a trailer for the entire game, but it was still a good idea. Nonetheless, all of this is really not currently relevant anyways since we need to first work on getting the first stage done before anything else, and I'm sure word of mouth and gameplay video's will spread the game much faster than a specific microbe trailer.
That might have been me, but I don't remember it if it was. And also QFT, I might start working on some animation for a microbe trailer regardless though, just because I have WAY too much spare time, and it's nice to have these things done if I do happen to make a good animation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Microbial trailer   Today at 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Microbial trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: