Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Forum Backgrounds Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Forum Backgrounds

Go down 
+12
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Tenebrarum
Darkov
US_of_Alaska
Noitulove
koiboi59
Pezzalis
The Uteen
Brown Spotted Kiwi
DragonEye4
Invader
~sciocont
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Our current forum background was created by me, and linked from my deviant art page. I'm planning on making many more thrive screens, but if anyone else has high quality artwork that they created, i'd be happy to post it. It meeds to be huge, however. At least 1280x1024.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 am

I really like it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Good, maybe we can get more artists or I can get my lazy Belgium to work.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Currently, my only problem with the forums look is that the send-preview buttons when posting new things are hard to read.
Back to top Go down
Brown Spotted Kiwi
Newcomer
Brown Spotted Kiwi

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:16 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
Currently, my only problem with the forums look is that the send-preview buttons when posting new things are hard to read.
I completely agree with that, I spend two minutes trying to tell them apart every time I post.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 am

Brown Spotted Kiwi wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
I completely agree with that, I spend two minutes trying to tell them apart every time I post.
I'll see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 am

I think the quote message button could use some work.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

The Uteen wrote:
I think the quote message button could use some work.
How so?
I think i might change the color. Being a mod I sometimes accidentally hit edit instead of quote.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:49 am

Hey there,
I'd quite like to contribute to this project, I've been following it for a while and its about time I got involved
I've been doing some of this type of artwork (With planets and stars) For photography at school.
It aint exactly high quality as you say, but heres a taster of what I can do, and there will definitely be more to come (Atm its only 1024x768)

http://yfrog.com/n6binarymoonj

On a footnote I would be quite happy to do some beta testing and I am quite knowledgable in science so I could help with the biology (my main science-area) side of concepts
As for the art,
Is this the kinda stuff youre looking for?
I will be making more, I did have a whole lot more of them but I lost my pendrive with them and was foolish enough not to make backups

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 am

Pezzalis wrote:
Hey there,
I'd quite like to contribute to this project, I've been following it for a while and its about time I got involved
I've been doing some of this type of artwork (With planets and stars) For photography at school.
It aint exactly high quality as you say, but heres a taster of what I can do, and there will definitely be more to come (Atm its only 1024x768)

On a footnote I would be quite happy to do some beta testing and I am quite knowledgable in science so I could help with the biology (my main science-area) side of concepts
As for the art,
I will be making more, I did have a whole lot more of them but I lost my pendrive with them and was foolish enough not to make backups

Thanks!
Your picture looked cool, and biology is one of the most important things. Welcome to the project!
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Pezzalis wrote:
Hey there,

As for the art,

Thanks!
Glad to have you! there's a site i'd like to suggest that helped me create our current background.

http://designreviver.com/inspiration/31-breathtaking-planet-space-tutorials-for-photoshop/
most of them can be followed using either photoshop or GIMP like I use.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Wow that site will be VERY useful for bot here and my photography standard! Thanks

The Main problem I have are with stars, I have to use noise for them but I saw a tutorial on that site for a realistic star field. When I come up with something, I'll post it here
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Pezzalis wrote:
Wow that site will be VERY useful for bot here and my photography standard! Thanks

The Main problem I have are with stars, I have to use noise for them but I saw a tutorial on that site for a realistic star field. When I come up with something, I'll post it here
If it's good enough, I'll rotate it with the current BG. Make sure it's around 1600x1200
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm currently working on a very large piece of concept art- an underwater scene. I've discovered a very good way to create realistic waves from underwater in GIMP.
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:31 pm

~sciocont wrote:
I'm currently working on a very large piece of concept art- an underwater scene. I've discovered a very good way to create realistic waves from underwater in GIMP.

whats the secret? although i think i shall be the judge of how realistic it looks (im famous for being an art critic in my school).
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:36 am

koiboi59 wrote:
whats the secret? although i think i shall be the judge of how realistic it looks (im famous for being an art critic in my school).

A magician never reveals his secrets.

Anyway I may hop on the forum background bandwagon, if I were up to it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 pm

koiboi59 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

I'll post it up later (right now it's very early) but the basic process is to put plasma clouds through 2-3 lens distortions, then compress and emboss it, and finally copy, bump up the contrast, put the copy on dodge, and colorize the original layer. It's not quite photo-realistic, but it looks better than water in most video games.
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 pm

~sciocont wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

I'll post it up later (right now it's very early) but the basic process is to put plasma clouds through 2-3 lens distortions, then compress and emboss it, and finally copy, bump up the contrast, put the copy on dodge, and colorize the original layer. It's not quite photo-realistic, but it looks better than water in most video games.

thats a lot of fancy words.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 pm

~sciocont wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

Wow, I have no idea what you just said.

Anyway, will we be able to switch through different backgrounds later on?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

Wow, I have no idea what you just said.

Anyway, will we be able to switch through different backgrounds later on?
I might put them on a rotator, or i might simply switch them out every few days, but no, yo'l have no power over the BG
muwahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 am

THE TEXT LIVES!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so aside from water, what else is in the background?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Not much, since it's underwater you can't see that far.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Not much, since it's underwater you can't see that far.

Then what's the point of having an underwater background?

EDIT: Wait, that raises a question I have about playing as fish...
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 am

A'right well heres a draft, blank background spiral galaxy I whipped up (In about an hour)
I'll repost it soon (Probably a few days) with a full starfield/spacey background.

Just checking in and seeing if this is the kinda stuff you are looking for

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img19/2793/galacticao.jpg

Sweet
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 am

ooh, pretty colors.

it really looks nice although it kind of reminds me of the spore galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Backgrounds   Forum Backgrounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Backgrounds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Graphics-
Jump to: