Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

@Madnesia: Moreorless yes, it will be similar in some aspects. However, the concept is not completelly finished yet (neither it should be, as we are still a long way untill we reach it)
Back to top Go down
Mixotroph
Newcomer

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 pm

On genitalia, when it's done, we should have a limit on how much an organism can have, so we don't have creatures that look like they're from a bad hentai.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:00 am

I believe we decided to leave that out. It was just too controversial to be a good fit into Thrive. I know I personally wouldn't like it, and my age group is supposed to be the most inappropriate :roll: 
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:05 am

Thats true.
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 am

Indeed...
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:49 am

Mixotroph wrote:
On genitalia, when it's done, we should have a limit on how much an organism can have, so we don't have creatures that look like they're from a bad hentai.
Hentai bad....HAHA! Oh you seriously though we do need a check system here there should be no need for a nine assed monkey slug , Or 10 penised frogfish. If you're wondering how we stop people from doing this...we don't people our just going to mod around it , why try people shouldn't be so uptight anyway . Now my question, is it possible to have a creature that every time it dies releases a number of spores into the air that take root and make new creatures and have the cycle repeat endlessly having the spore spread planet by planet with only a few transports to spread the spore. this could work by having a creature die on a ship flying elsewhere the spore our released,take root and invade slowly taking over our galaxy.However in order to prevent tolat fighting the creature are always fighting among themselves different clans fighting over nothing always making sure the toughest survive,And in the off chance a few clans band together the whole galaxy goes awol trying to stop them. So good idea no. we edit as needed
edit = also there made for fighting 'n' winning

scenarios:  >hanging out on my planet
>suddenly a mass on the horizon
>"huehuehuehueHueHueHueHueHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
>"GIBE DAKKA OR I KRUMP YOU"
>most of them are fighting each other
>led by a huge leader

Last edited by Jimexmore on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 am

Okay, now I can be relevant.:lol!:

I think on genitalia the player would be assumed to have some sense, genitalia are usually sensitive organs that hurt a lot when damaged, so having a lot would make the organism vulnerable. I think scio or someone should answer that specifically.

Jim, I think the releasing spores would be possible, as the OE can make hybrid creatures that are part plant. The rest of that situation, I don't really know.

(I know the reference to the Greenskins when I see it)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 pm

You'd think having lots of genitalia would be pretty advantageous, since more genitalia=>more gametes=> more reproductive potential. And plenty if organisms use that model- plants have to, since they can't actually move to each other and copulate. The reason highly iteroparous animals don't have tons of genitalia is probably because one is enough, and it's more efficient to protect what you have than grow more. Also, growing more in some other place would be an extremely rare mutation, since it requires development to place the genitals in some region where there was previously no signal to place them at all. Of course, If an animal carried genitals in an area where development repeats a pattern a lot (on a limb or in the equivalent of a highly Hox- controlled zone in Earth animals) there would be a higher chance of it mutating repeated genitals.
Genital evolution is an extremely important concept. Genitals are the most important organ, evolutionarily speaking, and therefore they often evolve very quickly and in very strange forms. The fact that (at least to my knowledge) no Earth animal has evolved many genitals all over its body suggests that I am correct in one or any combination of these statements:

• Having multiple genitals has a low impact on fitness. (seems counter-intuitive, but really, there's only a need for one if there are two sexes*)
  • Mutating multiple genitals is unlikely.
  • It is more efficient to protect existing genitals than to grow new ones. (quite likely)
  • Sexual selection has high pressure against extremely novel genital mutations.

*If we assume more than two sexes, which should be possible in Thrive, the logic of genitals becomes different.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm

This, and three more points:

- Genitals tend to be near the body cavity and must be in a position where they can be fairly easily brought into contact with compatible genitals. (Assuming that the organism has to have intercourse to reproduce.)

- Any part of genitalia or the reproductive system that can be internal will be.

- Multiple genitalia would, on female organisms, mean redundant orifices leading to the same body cavity, or multiple arrangements of ovaries and uteri. On males there would be a bloodflow issue. It's just not efficient to have multiple genitalia, or inconveniently large genitalia.

Hmmm... have we discussed secondary sexual characteristics yet, or is that too complicated to be a thing?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I think the caste editor part of the OE would allow this, making one gender bigger/stronger or some such would pretty much simulate that effectively enough wouldn't it? If not, then I'm wrong. :lol: 
Back to top Go down
Mixotroph
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Also, will we be able to have things like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camponotus_saundersi

And finally, will we be able to have something similar to spore's sporepedia?
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
I think the caste editor part of the OE would allow this, making one gender bigger/stronger or some such would pretty much simulate that effectively enough wouldn't it? If not, then I'm wrong. :lol: 

Because I can't resist;
Said on Page 69. .3.

Anyway, in all seriousness, how might one share their creations with other players, as simple 'import and export' system, or what?

Edit: Ninja'd by the bacterium...
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Xeno_Corporation/index/
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Nothing directly from in-game, as that would need a server, which would need to be payed for. However, you will be able to share your creatures, saves, or anything just by saving them, uploading them and sharing the link. How individual creatures would be used other than in sandbox mode is still dubious.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox wrote:

[OT]I have been wondering this for a while, what does that mean? Is that an emoticon? You end many of your sentences with that.[/OT]

EDIT: As far as I am aware, content sharing would be via a main website, or an in-game host called the Thrive Content Library (Which I always prefer to call the Thrive Archive).
Back to top Go down
Mixotroph
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Will we still be able to evolve our race once we build civilization? Because in spore, we couldn't do so, and I would like to see that in thrive.

Also, will we be able to have ancient aliens/astronauts esque scenarios?

And what about scenarios similar to the one in Nemo Ramjet's All Tommorows? If anyone dosen't know what I'm talking about, here is what I mean: http://www.sivatherium.narod.ru/library/Ramjet/01_en.htm Basically, an alien race comes along, and destroys humanity, and reverts us to genetically modified monstrosities, but some of us manage to regain sentience.

And finally, will our solar system, or any other real star systems be included?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Mysterious_Calligrapher wrote:
This, and three more points:

- Genitals tend to be near the body cavity and must be in a position where they can be fairly easily brought into contact with compatible genitals. (Assuming that the organism has to have intercourse to reproduce.)

- Any part of genitalia or the reproductive system that can be internal will be.

- Multiple genitalia would, on female organisms, mean redundant orifices leading to the same body cavity, or multiple arrangements of ovaries and uteri. On males there would be a bloodflow issue. It's just not efficient to have multiple genitalia, or inconveniently large genitalia.

Hmmm... have we discussed secondary sexual characteristics yet, or is that too complicated to be a thing?
-The first point only applies to a sex system like that of Earth animals. I can think of no reason for universal pressure on genitals tending to be towards the rear of the creature- in fact, genital placement is a pain when you're a large sauropod dinosaur, since there are two huge legs and a huge tail blocking copulation. Genitals at the end of limbs or near the head would be more advantageous from a mechanical standpoint.
-"Any part of genitalia or the reproductive system that can be internal will be." This is untrue, because there can be high sexual pressure for visible genitals, and it's defied by many animals, including humans.
-The last point on bloodflow only applies to humans, since human males don't have a baculum like most other mammals.

The TCL plan is to have a content browser for all of your game creations and for us to eventually host a forum where people can exchange their flies freely. The development team will accept submissions and comb through content to find the best content from our users, which we will gather and release periodically. So players can start threads to share their content, download other peoples' content, and choose to download the"developers' choice" content packages, all of which will be hosted by not us.
Back to top Go down
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

Location : The Jurassic Period, fighting an allosaurus using a spear.

PostSubject: Two Questions   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm

I haven't seen anything on these, but if they've been discussed before, let me know please.

1. Determining the movement of a creature
This is a question that had been bugging me since Spore came out. The willosaur in 2005 moves his legs in a pattern going from left, to middle, to right, based on the leg design. Most bipeds move one leg, then the other. But there's one animal who is biped when it's running, and walks on four legs. The kangaroo. I believe the hip bones are roughly connected, meaning that both legs move in unison when the animal walks or runs, that's why they crawl on all fours, bringing up another point.

In short, how will the animal's movement be determined? Will it be based on the structure of the creature, like Spore? Or can the player determine how it would move? (So if anyone wanted to make a giant frog thing, they could.)

Could the animals at least adopt multiple stances, even if some just for a temporary time? Example: Hadrosaurs, which walked on four legs, but would stand on just hind legs to reach the leaves of trees out of their grasp at ground level.

2. Can intelligent life evolve without your creature becoming intelligent?
(It might seem like something for another game mode, and it possibly is, but it also has to do with you remaining a less than sentient animal.)

I like Spore, I'll like this game more. (Heh. Rhyme.) But one thing I was a bit annoyed with, besides the downgrade to becoming cartoony, was that the ultimate goal of the game was to evolve sentience and eventually go to space. I just want to live my creature's life as a feral animal, and if something else wants to grab the role of sentient creature, go ahead and take it!

So how about it? Can you face the onslaught of intelligent beings, without you yourself being required to evolve intelligence? The way I see it: Player determines whether intelligence will evolve at all before starting a game, and if they select yes, some point late in the game, you or something else can grab the spot of intelligent species.

But what if something else gets to it first? I think it would be interesting to see if you can survive the perils of a more intelligent animal. First, they'd be able to attack you with rocks or sticks, doing extra damage. After a while, spears and other weaponry shows up, making you vulnerable even at a distance. Then the mother of all destruction: Fire. After many generations, the intelligent species would most likely do as we did: domesticate and settle down. Then they begin to grow in number, and go through a societal development possibly similar to humans. (Multiple civilizations, using the landscape and available animals). Eventually, they would get near where we are today.

And all along the way, YOU have to manage to keep you and your species alive as they become more and more advanced. Now, in every game it might be different. Some civilizations may believe in a balance between them and nature, therefore, no actual danger from the intelligent beings after a while and for a while. Then there are those who think that the grass looks much better buried under pavement. In other words, you have to deal with habitat loss, and loss of food sources. This would be for those who want a challenge.

Are either of these at all possible, or being planned?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I believe I can answer your second question, in Thrive, it is planned to be non-linear. So yes you can have another species take up the mantle of sapience, or being intelligent as you termed it. You could stay the feral creature if you so wanted, no need to be the first to become evolved.

In terms of the first question, I can't answer that, sorry.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Actually, the second scenario poses quite a problem, because the time-scale between those two stages are so different. A couple days in the Aware Stage would be thousands if not millions of years for the sentient species. It would mean that by sunrise a species has invented fire, by noon they have covered the earth with cities, and by sunset they are launching into space.
Back to top Go down
Mixotroph
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Idea for ascension: Being able to create physical bodies for your god like beings at will. I need to stop getting ideas.

And on a side note, did anyone look at darwinbots? It simulates single celled organisms, however.

http://wiki.darwinbots.com/w/Main_Page

http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: From shows?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Well i don't know if this is the right topic or has been covered already. But can i make my creature look like a Sayian from Dragon Ball Z? Like make it look human and give it a furry tail and make the ships pods? No ki blast's or anything though i think i could make it's muscles big to give it strength. :confused: :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Mixotroph
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Narnobie123 wrote:
Well i don't know if this is the right topic or has been covered already. But can i make my creature look like a Sayian from Dragon Ball Z? Like make it look human and give it a furry tail and make the ships pods? No ki blast's or anything though i think i could make it's muscles big to give it strength. :confused: :lol!: 

I'm sure you could make a humanoid. I plan to make some humanoid types as well, and some cryptids. And maybe seed entire planets with humanoids. The ship could work as well.
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Mixotroph wrote:
Narnobie123 wrote:

I'm sure you could make a humanoid. I plan to make some humanoid types as well, and some cryptids. And maybe seed entire planets with humanoids. The ship could work as well.
Nice! Thanks. :D 
Back to top Go down
ethroptur
Newcomer
ethroptur

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:58 am

Here's a question that I've been wondering about.

I know that there will be no online Sporepedia-type database on a website of any kind, but will there be an in-game database listing the procedurally generated creations and ones made by the player? As in one that isn't linked to any kind of online network and each player has their own one exclusively?
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

Actually, there will be a user-created and shared database of creations that you can download. You can download individual creations or "staff-picked packs" filled with the best creations. That being said I'm sure there will be an in-game database of your creations.
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next