Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NikolaAnicic007
Newcomer

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Txn   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks...I must have racket taht up on a topic I made once...Belgium that topic...I was one step from playing blouse songs!
._.

Forgive me Thrive World!
FoRGIVE ME!!!

Seriously ._.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Is it just me or is the thread with all the download links to the Thrive releases missing?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Is it just me or is the thread with all the download links to the Thrive releases missing?
Alarmingly, yes. I'll investigate.
Fixed
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Great! You should make it a global announcement.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 pm

I have 3 ideas, each relating to the microbe editor.

First, a new organelle: the stretcher. Its layout would be 3 hexes, in a line, and it would judge what to stretch based on its size. It would stretch(shockingly) like a ameoba does. It could stretch 5x its length and you would press c to activate it and its symbol would be a spring.

Second, a simple one: the flip button. It would flip a organelle to better accommodate the cell's shape. That's it, really.

Third and final one, in the early multicellular stage, before you evolve organs, there would be different slots for each organ to create its cell. This could lead to different organ traits before you evolve them and thus end your blobhood.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm

PortalFan1000 wrote:
I have 3 ideas, each relating to the microbe editor.

First, a new organelle: the stretcher. Its layout would be 3 hexes, in a line, and it would judge what to stretch based on its size. It would stretch(shockingly) like a ameoba does. It could stretch 5x its length and you would press c to activate it and its symbol would be a spring.

Second, a simple one: the flip button. It would flip a organelle to better accommodate the cell's shape. That's it, really.

Third and final one, in the early multicellular stage, before you evolve organs, there would be different slots for each organ to create its cell. This could lead to different organ traits before you evolve them and thus end your blobhood.

What do you think?
These are well thought out.
What is the purpose of the "stretcher" is it pseudopodial movement or engulfment?

The flip button isn't necessary because all of the organelle footprints are symmetrical.

That's not a bad idea fro early multicellular. We'll keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 am

1. Kinda both, really.

2. Oh, I just thought it would be useful.

3. Great! An idea that could be implemented!
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Okay, I have something about the later stages, superweapons, what would be the difference between them and the God Machines/Tools? I know with the current ideas they are both constructed by the player/AI, but where is the line between the two?
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:56 am

(frothing at the mouth) I JUST WATCHED THE SPORE 2005 VERSION! QUICK, WHERE DID YOU LEARN PROGRAMMING? HOW DO YOU USE BLENDER? HOW DO YOU COMPOSE THEMES?(frothing dies down)

Portal out!
Back to top Go down
NikolaAnicic007
Newcomer

PostSubject: ...   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 pm

@PortalFan Calm down bro ._.
PortalFan:NU IT'S SO AWZUM PLEASE!!!WHERE TEACH ME @!!$!$
Me:Calm Down :L
PortalFan:NU SO AWZUM INDEED!!!!
Me:Suit yourselfe >:L

(Dramatisation (Please do not get mad this was a dramatisation :L))
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Guys, please be more mature on these forums.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:26 am

Sorry about that slip-up. I think as long as I stay away from spore 2005, I'll be fine.:pale:
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Okay, I have something about the later stages, superweapons, what would be the difference between them and the God Machines/Tools? I know with the current ideas they are both constructed by the player/AI, but where is the line between the two?
the difference would be that the god tools are used mainly to create, destruction is a side effect of creation. superweapons are artifacts created for just destruction, no creation appear after them.

take like this:

-a meteor strike would cause a mass extinction, but would catapult the evolution of other creatures.

-a planet buster would obliterate all life on a planet, and its remains would be just debris uncapable of giving life.

Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Ok, i know its possible a bit late for the suggestion. Actually haven't read the thread before, but for the ascending, i have another alternative and very different way.

Possible would be some natural ascension, which is tied to some difficult conditions.

1. The creature need a very high grade of intelligence.
2. The creature must be in a perfect symbiosis with the nature:
   - They aren't allowed to create any pollution
   - They aren't allowed to do any damage to the nature or planet
   - They have to life only with the nature. So using technology would be very difficult or even forbidden for such a lifestyle.
3. A very low stress level (if something like this is even simulated). So not a hard working civilization, where everybody is working like crazy.

This would be a very difficult way to play the game, but would lead to another complete different ascension way.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Hmm I much prefer the idea of an ascension gate. It acts as a good end game thing. I'm not opposed to having several perquisites to building said gate, such as some of those you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Well its more about having different ways of gates. The idea i had is for a completly other gamestyle, if you don't want to go a technical way. Think more of a spiritual nature driven way, for an altanative playtrough. ^^

The ascension gate will be there as a way. Think this is already set in stone. ^^
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
Ok, i know its possible a bit late for the suggestion. Actually haven't read the thread before, but for the ascending, i have another alternative and very different way.

Possible would be some natural ascension, which is tied to some difficult conditions.

1. The creature need a very high grade of intelligence.
2. The creature must be in a perfect symbiosis with the nature:
   - They aren't allowed to create any pollution
   - They aren't allowed to do any damage to the nature or planet
   - They have to life only with the nature. So using technology would be very difficult or even forbidden for such a lifestyle.
3. A very low stress level (if something like this is even simulated). So not a hard working civilization, where everybody is working like crazy.

This would be a very difficult way to play the game, but would lead to another complete different ascension way.
Silver Sterling, this would have fit better on the Misc thread, as this thread was recently being used to discuss gathering of resources. What's more, differing grades of intelligence will not exist past Awakening, and neither will stress levels. Plus, not harming the environment in any way, shape, or form does not magically transcend your species into energy. The only possible way to ascend is through technology, and that is an important principle, because technology is the "evolution" of your species once intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Silver Sterling, this would have fit better on the Misc thread, as this thread was recently being used to discuss gathering of resources.
Might be possibe and yes, the question for ideas was already from may. But because nobody haven't posted and idea and you asked so nice here, i tought i give an idea here i could think of. ^^
Otherwise i woudn't have even give an idea, because i think the planning has more as enough ideas for now.

NickTheNick wrote:
I really like the idea on different paths for ascension, so long as they give the same end result of being in a state of "God Mode". So, in addition to Ascension Gates, and Mind Uploading, what suggestions do you guys have?
NickTheNick wrote:
What's more, differing grades of intelligence will not exist past Awakening, and neither will stress levels.
Well, the idea was, to have some difficulty in the way. You can aswell see it as some kind as alternative development (production placeholder, an alternative science path, etc.). Yust something to keep the player busy and don't gift him the ascension. Its long away from beeing perfect, but yust some simple example, what have to be balanced.

NickTheNick wrote:
Plus, not harming the environment in any way, shape, or form does not magically transcend your species into energy. The only possible way to ascend is through technology, and that is an important principle, because technology is the "evolution" of your species once intelligent.
We are actually talking from ascension. So a way to get strong mystic, spiritual energy to manipulate the universe with your mind. This concept is from the esoterism and many peoples there and aswell some science peoples actually thinking about, that this has something to do with the energy of vibration. Even some science has their theories about this and have measured a higher vibration in the electrons of a person who is meditating. More positive thinking aswell leads to a higher vibration. Many theories aswell about positiv and non distructive acting. Look at the indigenous people.

That is the reason for my explanation, that they have to life in peace with nature and life a non distructive nice. To nobody.

To get back to the meditation, some movies have taken this aswell into account. By stargate, who practically developed the ascension gate (in another form), they used aswell a spiritual meditative way to ascend without help of an ascension gate.

So for me it would be a good alternative way of gameplay, who is at least as plausible as a ascension gate.
But i think aswell we have to keep it simple. Such an idea can be implemented, when a basic version of the game is done.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:02 pm

I asked a while back, and several discussions have taken place since. What's more, the previous discussion was never resolved, and so we need to resolve one point before moving to another.

Silver Sterling wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
What's more, differing grades of intelligence will not exist past Awakening, and neither will stress levels.[quote="NickTheNick
Well, the idea was, to have some difficulty in the way. You can aswell see it as some kind as alternative development (production placeholder, an alternative science path, etc.). Yust something to keep the player busy and don't gift him the ascension. Its long away from beeing perfect, but yust some simple example, what have to be balanced.
I'm sorry, but that does not make sense.

Quote :
strong mystic, spiritual energy to manipulate the universe with your mind
Quote :
a spiritual meditative way to ascend
Quote :
with the energy of vibration. Even some science has their theories about this
There will be no mysticism, spirituality, manipulative meditation, or anything of that sort in the game. This game is about science and realism. Even the future techs are based off of what we can logically perceive being possible within the physical universe, such as warp drives and humanoid robots. God tools and ascension are wading into sci-fi, but meditative manipulation of the universe is too much. This ventures into a field that Thrive is not concerned with.

Also, I would like to reiterate that the objective of the later stages is to have the player develop their technology and give them incentives to do so, so it makes sense to wrap up the game with the "final tech" of ascension. Paths to ascension that do not involve tech break this pattern.

So please keep the discussion on this thread for wrapping up the gathering concept, which in turn was an intermission from deciding on triggers for techs.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:27 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
I'm sorry, but that does not make sense.
To explain it simple, the player should still have something to do to get it, so he has to earn it. Even by a non technological way.

NickTheNick wrote:
There will be no mysticism, spirituality, manipulative meditation, or anything of that sort in the game. This game is about science and realism.
I don't have anything against a god mode and i think its a nice gameplay. Aswell i talked about it as a way to god mode, and not some way to manipulate the universe with meditation, etc.
But talking about the godmode of the game and telling then that mysticism and spirituality is to unreliastic for the game and the game is about realistic, is a completly invalid argument.
Because having a energy beeing, who can transform and manipulate stuff with their mind, because they ascent to a godlike being, IS actually mysticism and spirituality.

NickTheNick wrote:
Also, I would like to reiterate that the objective of the later stages is to have the player develop their technology and give them incentives to do so, so it makes sense to wrap up the game with the "final tech" of ascension. Paths to ascension that do not involve tech break this pattern.
Well, thats actually a "game decision" i can accept. The game is even planed to be full open source.

NickTheNick wrote:
So please keep the discussion on this thread for wrapping up the gathering concept, which in turn was an intermission from deciding on triggers for techs.
Yust wanted to give you an idea on your question. :p
But i have to agree. For me, its not worth a discussion.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
I don't have anything against a god mode and i think its a nice gameplay. Aswell i talked about it as a way to god mode, and not some way to manipulate the universe with meditation, etc.
But talking about the godmode of the game and telling then that mysticism and spirituality is to unreliastic for the game and the game is about realistic, is a completly invalid argument.
Because having a energy beeing, who can transform and manipulate stuff with their mind, because they ascent to a godlike being, IS actually mysticism and spirituality.
The God-Mode of the game is to allow the player to do whatever they want now that they have "finished" the game. It is not a question of realism or not, just like RTS control is not a question of realism or not. Spiritualistic mysticism and meditation, on the other hand, as you suggested, would occur when the player is still not in God-Mode, which is why it would be grossly unrealistic and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

Ascension is not equal to mysticism and spirituality.

I'll say this again. Please keep this thread, at the moment, to finish the gathering discussion, and then the tech trigger discussion, before we move to open topics like this. Let me quote the OP:

Quote :
This thread will be open to just about any topic on the Strategy Mode that isn't covered elsewhere, but do try to not interrupt ongoing discussions with new discussions.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Temporary Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
The God-Mode of the game is to allow the player to do whatever they want now that they have "finished" the game. It is not a question of realism or not, just like RTS control is not a question of realism or not. Spiritualistic mysticism and meditation, on the other hand, as you suggested, would occur when the player is still not in God-Mode, which is why it would be grossly unrealistic and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

Ascension is not equal to mysticism and spirituality.
Well, i took meditation only to have something to keep the creatures busy. So sitting around without producing anything. It only belongs from the non game area in this topic.
Meditation has nothing to do with magic. It was meant as a way to ascension.
(Think about it like developing something in the culture sciene and have an option to set them to meditate, that they create a large pool of points, who is needed to actually ascend. In my idea they actually would decrease aswell without doing something in the direction anymore. Then additional things i suggested, was to make things more difficult and break up the whole process, if the player isn't consequent.)
So what i suggested was a way to get to ascension. Without reaching it, it wouldn't give you any advance. Yust some work you have to do first, for balancing issures. If there will be multiple ways of ascension be included, sometime in the future, no way should be easier as the other one. How this could look exactly in detail is indeed something i would think about earliest, when we have at least a workable version of the game with all stages.

NickTheNick wrote:
I'll say this again. Please keep this thread, at the moment, to finish the gathering discussion, and then the tech trigger discussion, before we move to open topics like this.
Well for now i only answer your post. And even if you the idea is nothing for the games, i am not to happy, if peoples get the idea wrong. But i think we have actually now the same thinking. I never tought about unlocking any "mysticism" abilities before god-mode. We had this discussion already years ago and the result was, that something like this is better keeped in a mod. So i think we had a light misunderstanding here.

So i have to agree, that there are no reason for future discussion about this. I personally think awell, that we should keep many non basic things out, to get the basic game done so fast how possible. Other things could be included modular after the release of the first version aswell. Even by mods, what would work only, when peoples have something to play with.

And now, i will stop the discussion about this in the thread and even ignore a following post from you. :p
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Moved to Misc thread.

I am not too sure about exactly what you are saying for much of your post, but from what I understand I would like to say that meditating is not enough to achieve ascension. Unless there is compelling evidence otherwise, it's a no go. Generating pools of meditation points just sounds, to be straightforward, ridiculous to implement in Thrive.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 pm

In the context of Thrive, ascension is the transferring of your consciousness to pure energy. Meditation would do nothing to help achieve that goal.
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 am

NickTheNick wrote:
I am not too sure about exactly what you are saying for much of your post, but from what I understand I would like to say that meditating is not enough to achieve ascension. Unless there is compelling evidence otherwise, it's a no go. Generating pools of meditation points just sounds, to be straightforward, ridiculous to implement in Thrive.
WJacobC wrote:
In the context of Thrive, ascension is the transferring of your consciousness to pure energy. Meditation would do nothing to help achieve that goal.
Yea, thats actually what i meant with the additional balancing stuff. As example, the perfect harmony with the nature, completly peaceful living, no destruction of the environment and the decreasing meditation pool over time. Additional barriers would be possible aswell.
Meditation would be a part of the process. But alone, it would be way to easy to get to ascension. So it would have to be balanced out, to be an alternative way and not a easier way.
My idea is indeed way beyond well-elaborated. But i think such a mechanic can wait until we have a working alpha from the whole game and this will still take some time.

@NickTheNick
Well i doesn't exactly know, what you mean with compelling evidence, but if you mean some more further background infos, there are indeed some articles about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_%28esotericism%29

There are even quantum physicist, like Dr. Michael König (even a german physicist), who worked out a working physic model behind it, based on the models of Jean Émile Charon and Burkhard Heim. Ok, there are aswell other science peoples like the Bio-physican Dieter Broers who are working on it and most likely additional ones, i never heard from.

Michael König has a nice book, but i don't know, if it is aswell avaible in english. I got the german version of it. And yes, i even read it completly, even when i am not a big physic book reader. ^^
http://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/isbn/3942166119/page-1/
Thats aswell the book i got the information about the increasing of the energy vibration by meditation and the way to ascension.
Ok, i have already known a lot about it, before i read the book, but from a more esoteric, mystic and spiritual way, and not from a hardcore quantum physic way like in the book, who destroyed a lot of the mysticism of it.

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/God_and_Quantum_Physics
Some additional informations about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next