Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Newcomer
Gecko

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm curious to know about how fast you can make your creature. What is the limit on how fast the creature can be?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:59 pm

35.62 km/h.

No, how would you expect us to know the maximum possible speed? It's all entirely dependent on the conditions of the environment and system for determining animal locomotion, which itself is in development.
Back to top Go down
Quasar
Newcomer
Quasar

PostSubject: Punishment for Death   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Had an idea for a logical "punishment" for getting killed during the evolutionary stages. I don't know how much fun this would be, but it's a curious idea nonetheless:

What if the player returned to the creature editor of the last successful organism? So if you had a fish, added legs, and then died, you'd return to fish-without-legs in the editor.

Something like this would have a very 'evolutionary' feel to it: mutate => fail => don't pass on genes, vs mutate => succeed => pass on genes. Combined with the complexities of the organism simulation, it would also discourage players from making loads of large changes all at once: it would be more sensible to test each small change as you make it and 'save' those changes by reproducing.

On the other hand, it has the possibility of coming across as annoying and even a form of fake difficulty: "I've already made changes to this organism, why are you forcing me to do it over again?"

Just throwing a random idea out there...
Qu
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Punishment for Death   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:21 pm

I will say this is in my opinion a really cool idea, but you put it in the wrong place, it belongs on the misc. thread.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 pm

I merged your thread since this is the proper starting place for new ideas.

Such a feature would be unnecessary, because when you die you take over your offspring, and if you don't have any you take over a nearby member of your species, and since mutations apply generation wide and don't differ per individual, they will all be the same.

However, if you play as offspring, die, and your parents are still alive, you can choose not to play as your siblings to play as your parents instead and reproduce again for a new mutation. However, that would be a very rare scenario. For the most part, any mutation sticks. Having said that, a single mutation that was a bad idea won't break the game or anything, it'll just make it harder until the next gen.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 am

I have a question: will thrive have heredity? Relating to the idea above, if you get killed shortly after mating, your genes just might be in one of your offspring, which can become a double-eged sword.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 am

No. One of the most basic premises of Thrive is Auto-Evo. Please go read up on it.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am

I'm just posting here to apologise for my inactivity and lack of Thrive productivity over the last few weeks. I certainly have less free time than I did before, but the main problem is that I haven't really thought of anything else I could do to help. I'm still learning the new plugins for Cubase so you won't see any decent music for a while yet. And, to be brutally honest, I haven't really had the same drive to contribute that I did a few months ago, despite the glimmers of hope for a substantial early release. If anyone can think of anything I could help with besides music, that would probably get me excited and productive again.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Gecko
Newcomer
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:03 pm

In the space stage, is it possible to meet Human kind in the game?
Back to top Go down
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

Location : The Jurassic Period, fighting an allosaurus using a spear.

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Gecko wrote:
In the space stage, is it possible to meet Human kind in the game?
I believe that the only humans in this game will be for those who feel it absolutely necessary to create them in their own little galaxies.

My question is how the speciation thing will work. Is every game unique in that aspect? You will never see the same animal twice? How would downloading other people's animals work then?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Actually, I think the Humans and Earth will be implemented as a small Easter Egg.

Humanoids, however, will likely be very much possible.

Speciation will just happen if I heard right, eventually some of the player's or a computer species will become different enough to be considered another species.

All species the player will encounter will be made by auto-evo, so every game will likely be different.

Downloading, I don't really know, for sandbox mode I guess? Or maybe just seeing what others have made for inspiration?
Back to top Go down
ThreeCubed
Newcomer
ThreeCubed

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:45 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Actually, I think the Humans and Earth will be implemented as a small Easter Egg.

Humanoids, however, will likely be very much possible.

Speciation will just happen if I heard right, eventually some of the player's or a computer species will become different enough to be considered another species.

All species the player will encounter will be made by auto-evo, so every game will likely be different.

Downloading, I don't really know, for sandbox mode I guess? Or maybe just seeing what others have made for inspiration?
You mentioned Auto-Evo and the humans, can we have it so that if we were to encounter the humans they could have auto-evod into something more unreconizable? or have them have cybernetic parts on them or something?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:01 am

Why worry about something so specific and detailed in the game? That's like me asking what wallpaper looks nice for the bathroom of a house that is still being designed in its blueprints.

All organisms begin as basically a jellyfish in the ocean when the game begins, and from that point on evolve randomly until the player reaches the Awakening Stage, and then evolution turns off. If any species at some point in that time happened to look like a human in one of its generations, so be it.

The one exception to this is that there will be one planet that will have all of its organisms fixed to not evolve, and one of those will be humans.
Back to top Go down
Lightning_Scarz
Newcomer
Lightning_Scarz

PostSubject: Home planet   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:51 am

This may or may not have been answered somewhere else so if it has please direct me to it.

I read somewhere that we are able to change certain things about out starting planet so my question is this...

When we create our species home world what will we actually be able to Adjust/change?
Can we decide the number of moons? the size or the planet?
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 am

Lightning_Scarz wrote:
This may or may not have been answered somewhere else so if it has please direct me to it.

I read somewhere that we are able to change certain things about out starting planet so my question is this...

When we create our species home world what will we actually be able to Adjust/change?
Can we decide the number of moons? the size or the planet?
I'm not sure about moons, but you will be able to change planet size.
There will be everything you need to sculpt and edit your planet.

Think of 3D SimEarth, but much more sophisticated.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 am

Here ideas for animals: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37514&s=7ada94f17ba04a4ccf8baf679eb5252f
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:45 am

Jimexmore, we do not need ideas for animals. Organisms are created semi-procedurally via Auto-Evolution.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:58 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Jimexmore, we do not need ideas for animals. Organisms are created semi-procedurally via Auto-Evolution.
You misunderstood me i ment for it to be use for some scale or "How crazy can the player's animal get" ideas.
I'm sorry if you took it another way.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:46 am

That still does not contribute to the development in any way. You don't need to apologize for what I may or may not have done.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Okay, I have two questions.

1. Will creatures in the aware stage be able to develop scars or other markings like that?

2. In Space Stage, if a creature has developed on a higher gravity planet, would they be stronger on a planet with lighter gravity?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 pm

1. No. You're thinking in far too much detail.

2. Possibly, but that's a complicated topic that will be addressed in the far future, when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Newcomer
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:35 pm

I have some questions I would like to ask.

1. In the organism editor can you set the motabolism of the creature

2. In the awaking stage when you start using language what sources do you have in mind for the voices. I would be happy to help with the voices :D 
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

1. Read the OE CC. If you haven't read it you should not be posting here.

2. No, no voices.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Newcomer
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:48 pm

My apologies for that.

I was wondering how the progress of the new thrive website that I heard on the podcast that Jacob and Oilveriver are working on.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

For a question like that its better to just PM them for post on the website's thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next