Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+64
moopli
ElementalRed
untrustedlife
Fangchamp
Kirillian
tjwhale
Patrick Rajesh
NickTheNick
MirrorMonkey2
Oliveriver
Lepticidio
MitochondriaBox
StealthStyle L
Zymoox
AwesomeSiebren
crovea
Psych0Ch3f
spacetime_dinosaur
RyuNeko932000
Daniferrito
Earthium Prime
HariboTer
Loony Toony
The Creator
K2017
Namor-Yrotciv
0eragonbioly0
Tidus Klein
anna0cat
Captain Mcderp
Atrox
PTFace
T0N12
Madero
DeanDactyl
Noltras
Tré Wisemen
ethroptur
Alexthe666
sporewow
giffman8
TheRabiesGuineaPig
ccarriel
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Tarpy
SawerGreem
Seregon
jman12351
Notsae66
Tritium
Scottnov
Inca
PropTheRedstoner
Marija Milosevic
amymist
Alex J G
dinoman9877
Armok: God of Blood
Pantheon_Gamer
tjblazer85
Diamond Pixel
Immortal_Dragon
darwin.the.gamer
Jupiter34
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:42 pm

PropTheRedstoner wrote:
Right, I know multiplayer probably wont work, but I was just throwing it out there.

Oh, another thing, nobody really responded to me about the idea of a species breaking down raw materials for energy, does anyone have any thoughts about that? Like, the organism ingests metal, then breaks it down on the molecular level to get raw elements, which it could then make proteins and sugars out of. Not really scientifically accurate at all but it almost makes sense, sort of.

Organisms can eat whatever they want, provided their mouth allows it, but the stomach needs to be evolved to be able to digest what they eat. If they can't digest them, it will either be toxic or just become waste.

Most naturally occurring metals are already raw elements. What's more these raw elements (Iron, Zinc, Copper, Lead) are completely different from the elements that compose organic molecules such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and nucleic acids (Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Hydrogen).

@Scottnov:

The Sandbox mode will allow the player to create and save scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Okay, I have two explanations on lithovores and metalivores from the scientifically inclined folks at the Speculative Evolution forums.

One of them just redirected me to this webpage:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/11/081105-bacteria-mining.html

The other gave me this:
Nanotyrannus wrote:
Eating rocks will, from my current understanding, not provide complex creatures with the energy necessary to survive. Numerous creatures can obtain nutrients (tortoises, anything at a salt lick) from minerals, though, and numerous creatures (tapirs, parrots, elephants) use clay to neutralise poisons. Gastroliths are also important for many creatures, and could allow a creature to hoover up greenery.

However, there are cellular examples of true lithovores or metalivores. For example, there are bacteria only known to eat the Titanic, and uranium-eating bacteria deep underground. This still won't work as a food source for advanced organisms, as they reproduce too slowly and wouldn't be able to sustain a viable population.

My recommendation would be to just have it as a way to exploit the environment to deal with tough, poisonous or nutrient-lacking plants with gastroliths, clay and mineral licks respectively. However, if you have to have a complex, rock-eating creature, there may be one other option.

If a world's CO2 is trapped in rock, then to obtain food from plants, complex creatures will have to obtain this CO2 to allow the plants to photosynthesise. By mining limestone or dolomite and bathing it in acid, or otherwise obtaining CO2 from rock, they could create a supply of CO2 and eject the waste products into the environment. Once this store is obtained, the creature could bury itself, using symbiotic plants to photosynthesise. Respiration would allow the CO2 to be reused, but it would eventually run out, and the creature would then have to go out and mine some more rock. This does, however, bring up the problem of why there's no CO2 in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Xeno_Corporation/index/
PropTheRedstoner
Newcomer
PropTheRedstoner

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:50 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
PropTheRedstoner wrote:
Right, I know multiplayer probably wont work, but I was just throwing it out there.

Oh, another thing, nobody really responded to me about the idea of a species breaking down raw materials for energy, does anyone have any thoughts about that? Like, the organism ingests metal, then breaks it down on the molecular level to get raw elements, which it could then make proteins and sugars out of. Not really scientifically accurate at all but it almost makes sense, sort of.

Organisms can eat whatever they want, provided their mouth allows it, but the stomach needs to be evolved to be able to digest what they eat. If they can't digest them, it will either be toxic or just become waste.

Most naturally occurring metals are already raw elements. What's more these raw elements (Iron, Zinc, Copper, Lead) are completely different from the elements that compose organic molecules such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and nucleic acids (Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Hydrogen).

@Scottnov:

The Sandbox mode will allow the player to create and save scenarios.

I guess what I meant was less of metal and more non-organic materials in general that have whatever element the organism needs at the time.
Back to top Go down
ccarriel
Newcomer
ccarriel

PostSubject: about mineral eating   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:50 am

continuing with the thread...
(im not putting the text because it would be too long)
one way of putting this idea on the game would be putting on the creature editor specifics spots where ingested metals or other substances (im not saying they survive purely on this) would be deposited, as example, u could put it on the scales of a reptile-like creature, so as it ages and keeps eating, the scales would be hardened by the increased amount of the mineral, this is based on the way some animals store the poison of the food they eat, like poisonous termits
Just an idea, have a good day
Back to top Go down
TheRabiesGuineaPig
Learner
TheRabiesGuineaPig

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 3:27 am

Bug: When your microbe travels quickly sometimes glucose and oxygen dispensers clip through you.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 3:34 am

Quote :
Bug: When your microbe travels quickly sometimes glucose and oxygen dispensers clip through you.

Yeah it's been around for a while, just haven't been high priority as of yet. I'll write a github issue to make sure it doesn't get forgotten.
Back to top Go down
SawerGreem
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:05 am

Scottnov wrote:
SawerGreem wrote:
Scottnov wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
There are many issues with multiplayer, and they have been discussed countless times before (so please go research the topic and read about it instead of bringing it up for the umpteenth time), but basically the big areas where multiplayer conflicts with the game is with procedural generation and stage transitions. There are different timescales between the stages, such that a couple hours of the Aware Stage is representing millions of years of evolution, while a couple hours of the society stage is just centuries in the history of your civilization. Therefore all players would have to at all times be in the same stage and transition simultaneously.

Furthermore, the transitions aren't designed to accommodate multiple species transitioning.

What's more, the game relies heavily on procedural generation to keep the processing demand of the game low. This means that basically anything the player isn't looking at or near, isn't being rendered and is probably only being simulated to the most minimal degree. For example, if your creature enters a valley and spends some time there, the creatures and actions in the valley would all be simulated. However, as soon as the player leaves, all the organisms in that area are converted to simple numbers, and instead of simulating the actions that take place we simply run some algorithms to determine the outcomes of evolution until you return. With multiplayer, you would have to simulate a lot more content at the same time and some of the procedural mechanics wouldn't be possible. This would make for reductions in features and a reduction in performance.

So really the only hope for multiplayer I see is specifically within the span of one stage, where you take a singleplayer game, let your friend(s) hop in and turn it into a multiplayer match, but cannot advance to the next stage until it is converted back into a singleplayer game.
Exactly, I wish more people would read the FAQ and/or wiki.

Span of one stage... post-game? where the player can make their own adventure and many peeps can do it? (basically Spore: Galactic Adventures Explansion, or SAO's «The World Seed»)

EDIT: oooorrr, a mod. a simple mod that adds multiplayer.
I feel really bad to keep saying no to your suggestions, but I'm just putting in my thoughts on it.
The span of one stage thing was not what you were talking about, but rather like playing a strategy game with a few friends. Minigames almost. Not like galactic adventures.
As for a mod, you can't make a mod that has multiplayer. Well, I guess in theory you could, but it would be very, very difficult.
Speaking of that, will there be a "mission creator" like Galactic Adventures, or will that not be in?

I don't really care whether you say no or not. the thing is. why is a newcomer answering me?
Back to top Go down
Seregon
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:24 am

SawerGreem wrote:
why is a newcomer answering me?

Because most of your questions have been discussed many times before, and Scottnov has taken the time to read older threads to find the answers. Also, see NickTheNick's response on the previous page if your not satisfied with Scottnov's responses.
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Seregon wrote:
SawerGreem wrote:
why is a newcomer answering me?

Because most of your questions have been discussed many times before, and Scottnov has taken the time to read older threads to find the answers.  Also, see NickTheNick's response on the previous page if your not satisfied with Scottnov's responses.
What he said, and thanks for defending me.
Also, ranks are not everything. It simply shows how many posts you've made or if you are staff.
Sorry if I seemed mean, I didn't mean to, I was just losing my patience a little.
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

So, what about your organism's home? As in, an ant hill, a den, a tree or some other thing exclusive to your planet.
Would this kind of thing be in the behavior editor, or be seamlessly made by the player's interaction with the world? For example, if a creature stayed in trees a lot, over time, more of his or her kind would start to spend time in trees as well, effectively making them arboreal. This doesn't mean the creature is then "locked" to trees, but that's simply where they live, find food, or are safe from (most) predators. You could leave the trees at any time, and even attempt to change your home.
You could also have an ant-hill-like home like I said above, that has many members in a colony, or be solitary by spending time alone with your creature only and no herd or pack members. You could also have a herd-like "home", where your herd slowly roams in areas in which food is plentiful (at least, for that particular organism).

I've searched the forum for a while to see if there was any discussion on this, and I couldn't find anything. Sorry if my searches didn't work, and this WAS discussed before.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Scottnov wrote:
So, what about your organism's home? As in, an ant hill, a den, a tree or some other thing exclusive to your planet.
Would this kind of thing be in the behavior editor, or be seamlessly made by the player's interaction with the world? For example, if a creature stayed in trees a lot, over time, more of his or her kind would start to spend time in trees as well, effectively making them arboreal. This doesn't mean the creature is then "locked" to trees, but that's simply where they live, find food, or are safe from (most) predators. You could leave the trees at any time, and even attempt to change your home.
You could also have an ant-hill-like home like I said above, that has many members in a colony, or be solitary by spending time alone with your creature only and no herd or pack members. You could also have a herd-like "home", where your herd slowly roams in areas in which food is plentiful (at least, for that particular organism).

I've searched the forum for a while to see if there was any discussion on this, and I couldn't find anything. Sorry if my searches didn't work, and this WAS discussed before.

I asked a similar question to this before, but I didn't get any definitive answer then either. I know there was supposed to be a discussion on what the balance is on player action and Behavior Editor that was mentioned, but I never saw any sign of it.
Back to top Go down
Seregon
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

As far as I know, this really is something we haven't decided on yet. Having the game define this based on the players actions may or may not be possible, so having some sort of control over this via the editor is more likely. This could do with further discussion at some point though.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Scottnov wrote:

In fact, organisms would probably naturally find homes as a result of the other elements of the game. In untrustedlife's prototype, photosynthetic cells would naturally find a spot and more or less stay in that area to absorb sunlight, whilst cells that were not photosynthetic were constantly on the move to find glucose floating around in the environment. Just the same, I would presume the circumstances of the organism will dictate how and where it decides to spend its time, so there is no need to include a specific home editor in the behaviour editor.
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:40 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Scottnov wrote:

In fact, organisms would probably naturally find homes as a result of the other elements of the game. In untrustedlife's prototype, photosynthetic cells would naturally find a spot and more or less stay in that area to absorb sunlight, whilst cells that were not photosynthetic were constantly on the move to find glucose floating around in the environment. Just the same, I would presume the circumstances of the organism will dictate how and where it decides to spend its time, so there is no need to include a specific home editor in the behaviour editor.
I was talking about the later stages, like aware or multicellular, but thanks for answering, at least I know the answer for the microbial stage!
Back to top Go down
giffman8
Newcomer
giffman8

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:51 am

For creature stage you should allow the player to have venom and saliva with deadly bacteria in it to help kill your prey or the animal that is attacking you. But of coarse your creature would need more nutrients.
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:12 am

giffman8 wrote:
For creature stage you should allow the player to have venom and saliva with deadly bacteria in it to help kill your prey or the animal that is attacking you. But of coarse your creature would need more nutrients.
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but that's okay.
Anyway, as for your idea, I think so, I mean, it is possible, spiders and many other insects do it.
Back to top Go down
TheRabiesGuineaPig
Learner
TheRabiesGuineaPig

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:20 am

Here is my miscellanious question:
What size/resolution is thrive and is it changeable?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:40 am

Scottnov wrote:
giffman8 wrote:
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but that's okay.
Anyway, as for your idea, I think so, I mean, it is possible, spiders and many other insects do it.

There is the Gland part that is planned to be available that the player can choose what is produced in it and what the outlet for it is. This is to allow creatures to have venomous fangs or even be able to spray venom or even with the right mixtures, shoot fire (mind you this is like a bombardier beetle where the chemicals mix outside of the body).
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:14 am

TheRabiesGuineaPig wrote:
Here is my miscellanious question:

Could you please reduce the bright redness and size of your signature? I know it's fun to make a signature unique, but at the end of the day ones that are too large or noisy become very distracting.

In regards to the question, that is entirely up to the work done by the graphics programmers.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:56 am

TheRabiesGuineaPig wrote:

It is fully customizable, I may have included my settings for it with the last release tho. All you need to do is delete the ogre.cfg file in your bin folder and restart the game, you can then change the graphics settings.

In the future we will have these options in-game naturally.
Back to top Go down
sporewow
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:01 am

Hey i wanted to ask will we get some gameplay like the aliens from aliens or maybe a strategy overview of us controling our creature that is kind of like an ant where you control multiple creatures from top-out camera point of view and when you lick on a creture with left click you get the spore 3D type cotrol or something like that.Just asking
Sorry for bad grammar
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:48 am

sporewow wrote:
Hey i wanted to ask will we get some gameplay like the aliens from aliens or maybe a strategy overview of us controling our creature that is kind of like an ant where you control multiple creatures from top-out camera point of view and when you lick on a creture with left click you get the spore 3D type cotrol or something like that.Just asking
Sorry for bad grammar

If you are asking if a hive-mind is possible, then I think that is in the plan. Controlling like a strategy game is more in the Awakening Stage where your species has just gained sapience. However I'm not sure how high of a priority hive-minds will be. Otherwise in the Aware Stage you just control a single creature of your species.

Hope I answered your question.
Back to top Go down
sporewow
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:36 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
sporewow wrote:
Sorry for bad grammar

If you are asking if a hive-mind is possible, then I think that is in the plan. Controlling like a strategy game is more in the Awakening Stage where your species has just gained sapience. However I'm not sure how high of a priority hive-minds will be. Otherwise in the Aware Stage you just control a single creature of your species.

Hope I answered your question.

I would love to have control over a hive mind species .I wanted to ask also about something like the zerg from starcraft where you got hivemind and multiple types of creatures in you disposal maybe there is a pack of Omegabears atacking my hive so i will breed a buch of acid bombers and bury them in the ground when the bears come i will blow them up.That would be aesome to see in thrive
What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:49 am

Actually, controlling your species from the Strategy Mode when they are not intelligent is not possible. The Strategy Mode is only unlocked during the Awakening Stage's transition into the Society Stage. 

However, during Ascension, or in the Sandbox, you can go into Strategy Mode and command any species you want.
Back to top Go down
sporewow
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:57 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Actually, controlling your species from the Strategy Mode when they are not intelligent is not possible. The Strategy Mode is only unlocked during the Awakening Stage's transition into the Society Stage. 

However, during Ascension, or in the Sandbox, you can go into Strategy Mode and command any species you want.

So no ant queen thing controling your swarm and destroying other swarms?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 5 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next