Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

God mode vs God tools

Go down 
+12
Invader
Waap
eumesmo
ADMIN
The Uteen
GamerXA
~sciocont
YourBreakfast
Commander Keen
roadkillguy
US_of_Alaska
DragonEye4
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Waap
Newcomer
Waap

God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:57 am

Maybe when you acheive ascention(Spell?), you could be able to change what organism(s) you are controlling? As in go from controlling (enter uber-species name here1)s, to (enter uber-species name here2)s.
Yes?
NO??
It's up to YOU to decide!
lol jk its democratic
-Waap.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 am

I agree with that. Watching at the end of the game is no fun.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Well you will be able to play as the population that choose not/haven't had chance to ascend.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:14 pm

My opinion is, ascension will unlock 'ultimate god tool' which will allow you to switch between any species you want.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:20 pm

eumesmo wrote:
cause and effect

Does not compute?
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:34 pm

So are we going to unlock God Tools gradually and then when the end ultimate one is unlocked, it is officially god tools?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Waap wrote:
Maybe when you acheive ascention(Spell?), you could be able to change what organism(s) you are controlling? As in go from controlling (enter uber-species name here1)s, to (enter uber-species name here2)s.
Yes?
NO??
lol jk its democratic
-Waap.
that was the idea- after Ascension, you can start a whole new species, but now you have god tools, so it's basically a sandbox.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Waap wrote:
Yes?
NO??
lol jk its democratic
-Waap.
that was the idea- after Ascension, you can start a whole new species, but now you have god tools, so it's basically a sandbox.

QFT.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 am

~sciocont wrote:

Wait. Does that mean that without Ascension, you can't start another species?
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 am

I don't think it should. Instead, it will enable to switch species at any time, and change any species at any time. It's the best god tool.
Back to top Go down
eumesmo
Regular
eumesmo

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 am

I wrote:
have a idea to god mode.
you have a space civilization that got all god powers and ascended.
After that you could research: "give life"
That way you'd transform a lifeless planet into one with perfect conditions and start life (molecular stage) there. You could play with that life (new game) and since it was made by that ascended civilization you could use god tools in that game from start since it's as that ascended civ was controlling em as gods (like you did but in a more detailed way). You could at any time go to there or return playing with the "mother" species.

just a old idea i had posted a while ago
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 am

You beat me to it... I was about to post that! Instead I'll put: good idea.
Back to top Go down
zotobom
Newcomer
zotobom

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
Alright, that sounds good.

So I'm thinking a little side-menu that pops up containing all of your hard earned god tools?
Yeah,but i was thinking about this:

A very little bar with ''GOD'' on it on your right side of your screen. If you click on it,you can access your God Tools! Yaaay!
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm

...yes.
Back to top Go down
zotobom
Newcomer
zotobom

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 pm

eumesmo wrote:
I wrote:
have a idea to god mode.
you have a space civilization that got all god powers and ascended.
After that you could research: "give life"
That way you'd transform a lifeless planet into one with perfect conditions and start life (molecular stage) there. You could play with that life (new game) and since it was made by that ascended civilization you could use god tools in that game from start since it's as that ascended civ was controlling em as gods (like you did but in a more detailed way). You could at any time go to there or return playing with the "mother" species.

just a old idea i had posted a while ago
Something like a new savegame + Staff of Life + Cheat code: ''GiveGod''?

That would be awesome. Great idea. Maybe uncodeble though.
Back to top Go down
eumesmo
Regular
eumesmo

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:11 pm

zotobom wrote:

Something like a new savegame + Staff of Life + Cheat code: ''GiveGod''?

That would be awesome. Great idea. Maybe uncodeble though.

@ zotobom THIS IS NOT SPORE. stop thinking about stafs of live and cheats, that's not the way to go, unless you want a game designed for a 5 year old kid

this is something like a post ascension thing you could research, it is not a NEW savegame entirely since you could go from one to the other at any time, think of it as a savefile linked to an other. And cheating fails (though i got the pathological cheater in spore )
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Post Ascension? Ascension should be the last research ingame, and if you managed to skip some researches, your bad, it's too late.

Also, starting new random save should be available even when you don't have the research. However, I like having the option to start it in player defined location. I'm definitely for the idea.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Does that mean ascension destroy's your game? I wouldn't necessarily want to destroy my physical species...
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:47 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
Does that mean ascension destroy's your game? I wouldn't necessarily want to destroy my physical species...
Basiacally, it's just the technology that ascends. some of your species mayy hit a tech. singularity,. others may choose organic life.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:41 am

Yes, it could be like sending a scientific expedition through the gate.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

Somebody mentioned before that Observer mode could be one of the tools available or THE tool activated after your species have ascended.

So perhaps you have a toolbar of your god powers, they begin simple such as terraforming, land-scuplting, disaster-causing, and eventually get on to more complex things such as life-creating, planet moving etc,
So these powers are used in the late space stage game whether thats from your spaceship fleet, your planet etc...
And when you ascend you have the ultimate tool...

Possibly called something such as Omnipresence or Omnipotence which, when activated, allows you to enter observer mode, fly around the universe using god powers at your will, taking control of a new species at any stage and using these god powers.

And perhaps this power could be combined with others.

EG.
So your main species ascends. (Cue epic finale scene/sequence/party)
You bust out your new device (Observer mode+God tools) and zoom to the other corner of the universe.
You find a barren planet and bash it into a suitable orbit, drizzle it with water, and impregnate it with life, then you can choose to take control of one of the microbes.
From here you are essentially playing as this microbe but with god powers. You could for example freely edit the species whenever you feel like it, or maybe even directly edit the code (Forced Mutation). You can save the progress of this species as a whole new game.
Whenever you feel, you can "uncheck/deavtivate" the ultimate god tool and zoom back to your species and continue playing with them, but again you can return to the new god-microbes whenever you feel.
Perhaps you could come across a nice looking species in organism, tribal, civ or space and control them too.

I did like what somebody said about discovering an ancient ascension gate as an organism. That would be a cool sort of foreshadowing event Like seeing UFO's in organism, or perhaps needles poking at you in microbe.

So... Thoughts...?
Back to top Go down
Waap
Newcomer
Waap

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:16 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the god powers/tools/stuffs going to be less, for lack of a better word, precise? I thought it was going to be things like 'raise terrain, move this, move that, heat this up, and BOOM! You just lit gunpowder on fire, genius! Waste of well-made mountain, there...', insead of 'place mountain here, blow up mountain.'
I thought the tools were going to be less precise, and be able to be used together to make cool things happen, as well as being able to do cool stuff on their own. Weren't the tools going to be like 'gravity well', and 'heat up/cool down' - that sort of thing?
I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, or I may be completely incorrect, but I'd like it if someone cleared that up for me.
-Waap.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 am

Waap wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the god powers/tools/stuffs going to be less, for lack of a better word, precise? I thought it was going to be things like 'raise terrain, move this, move that, heat this up, and BOOM! You just lit gunpowder on fire, genius! Waste of well-made mountain, there...', insead of 'place mountain here, blow up mountain.'
I thought the tools were going to be less precise, and be able to be used together to make cool things happen, as well as being able to do cool stuff on their own. Weren't the tools going to be like 'gravity well', and 'heat up/cool down' - that sort of thing?
I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, or I may be completely incorrect, but I'd like it if someone cleared that up for me.
-Waap.

Hmmm sounds cool! Perhaps in combining certain god powers together, you get new god powers which are direct combinatations

You could start off with some basic ones under the orginal tab, and as you combine them you attain more tabs and tools

IE. (Vaguely)

Raise Terrain + Raise Terrain + Water = Mountain Tool
Mountain + Rain = River Tool
Lower Terrain + Lower Terrain= Mantle Vent
Mountain + Mantle vent = Volcano Tool
Mountain + Mountain = Mountain Range Tool
Magma Vent + Air = Lava tool
Lava + Water = Rock tool
Rock + Water = Sand tool

And so on

Thoughts...?

Back to top Go down
Waap
Newcomer
Waap

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am

I believe that would be awesome.

Just adding to that idea, maybe the combinations you could do could be listed in a useful area so that you know how to do things, and maybe they only get listed in this list after you discover it yourself. Then the god tools could be quite simple things, and could go together to make complicated combinations, and make big things like volcano(e?)s, meteor showers, and on a much bigger scale, stars!
Yup...
So, what do you think?? Yes? No?
-Waap?
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 am

Waap wrote:
I believe that would be awesome.

Just adding to that idea, maybe the combinations you could do could be listed in a useful area so that you know how to do things, and maybe they only get listed in this list after you discover it yourself. Then the god tools could be quite simple things, and could go together to make complicated combinations, and make big things like volcano(e?)s, meteor showers, and on a much bigger scale, stars!
Yup...
So, what do you think?? Yes? No?
-Waap?

We'll have to get more opinions on this i Guess

The Idea is kinda inspired by this:
http://www.notdoppler.com/doodlegod.php

Perhaps you start off with two different sets of tools...

Force tools - Gravity, push, pull, press, magnetise, electricity (Can be used for sculpting tools such as lower terrain, and to dynamically grab and apply force to things such as mountains, lakes, trees, creatures even planets stars and galaxies)

Physical tools: Creates a certain object/substance/mass IE water, air, lava, rock, sand... Pours it over where you are clicking.

IE. Applying push force to air would create wind. Thus you unlock the wind tool.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God mode vs God tools   God mode vs God tools - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

God mode vs God tools
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next