Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor

Go down 
+11
The Uteen
alduin2013
PTFace
Deathbite42
Commander Keen
Tenebrarum
Mysterious_Calligrapher
US_of_Alaska
Invader
~sciocont
GamerXA
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PerfectOrganismil
Newcomer
PerfectOrganismil

GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:53 pm

~sciocont wrote:
PerfectOrganismil wrote:
PTFace wrote:
Actually the definition of a species is all organism that can reproduce and who's offspring can reproduce
correction to your definition. An organism is any living thing that has tissue and organs and cells for multicellular organisms, for prokaryotes or single cell organisms just a cell. A species is any organism. Higher up is a population which is a group of one single species. Next is a community which is multiple organisms that interact. After that is an ecosystem, where living and nonliving factors interact. Next is a biome, where an ecosystem lies, and then a biosphere which is the entire planet. So keep in mind a species is just one organism in a group of other members of that species on one big biosphere. Did this help you?
Halt! You're being ostentatiously wrong on a number of threads! I suggest you introduce yourself and read up on our FAQs, Etiquitte before beguiling us with posts which aren't relevant to us.
should I delete them then? Dang it science teacher WHY YOU FAIL ME she be teaching me lies, we'll back to creationism for me, but I shall still be playing thrive. But I was right about the fight or flight instinct right?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Just think and research before you post.
Back to top Go down
Deathbite42
Regular

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 pm

PerfectOrganismil wrote:
PTFace wrote:
Actually the definition of a species is all organism that can reproduce and who's offspring can reproduce
correction to your definition. An organism is any living thing that has tissue and organs and cells for multicellular organisms, for prokaryotes or single cell organisms just a cell. A species is any organism. Higher up is a population which is a group of one single species. Next is a community which is multiple organisms that interact. After that is an ecosystem, where living and nonliving factors interact. Next is a biome, where an ecosystem lies, and then a biosphere which is the entire planet. So keep in mind a species is just one organism in a group of other members of that species on one big biosphere. Did this help you?
WRONG! A species is all the populations in the ecosystem for rare creatures (Probably endangered), all the ones in a biome for the cosmopolitan, all in the biosphere for super-adaptable (Like us, but not just us, a lot of cellular guys do that), and finally beyond the "biosphere" (In this case, I mean where all life ordinarily is, rather than where it just plain IS) for a K1 civilization.
Back to top Go down
PerfectOrganismil
Newcomer
PerfectOrganismil

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Deathbite42 wrote:
PerfectOrganismil wrote:
PTFace wrote:
WRONG! A species is all the populations in the ecosystem for rare creatures (Probably endangered), all the ones in a biome for the cosmopolitan, all in the biosphere for super-adaptable (Like us, but not just us, a lot of cellular guys do that), and finally beyond the "biosphere" (In this case, I mean where all life ordinarily is, rather than where it just plain IS) for a K1 civilization.
Actually they are not just endangered species, they are any animal, it is the last catagory in classification and the most specific so a species can be any life form's population
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 pm

You're both incomprehensibly inaccurate and I suggest you cease posting on this thread unless you have something to contribute.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:19 am

I know this is technically necroposting but

Let's come up with a hypothetical situation :You are a hive queen,you have noticed other races have been using something called a "hoe" and "plough" you notice a pattern , a type maybe you could replicate it in your warriors with the two claws mutations and you instruct them to rake their claws against the fertile ground.Maybe your food will grow better .
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:19 am

Dont repost on other threads just to get attention.
Technicaly, it isnt possible to fertilize the ground like that, but it might be used as scythe.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 am

WilliamstheJohn wrote:

Nick told him to post this on the misc. bugs and question thread, but I guess this sounded like an appropriate thread as well. Either way, I still don't think this idea would work. Those creatures could use the claws instead of scythes (to cut plants like wheat), but most probably not to cultivate the ground (like ploughs)
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Tarpy wrote:
WilliamstheJohn wrote:

Nick told him to post this on the misc. bugs and question thread, but I guess this sounded like an appropriate thread as well. Either way, I still don't think this idea would work. Those creatures could use the claws instead of scythes (to cut plants like wheat), but most probably not to cultivate the ground (like ploughs)
Sorry bout dat and I really didn't mean too it just fitted in with the topic , sorry . so deleted it and I'll post in misc then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor   GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GamerXA - Caste and Class Editor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2