Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Glow Cloud
Newcomer
Glow Cloud

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Single or Multiple Intelligences?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 am

I have found that most discussions on how intelligence will be implemented into the game seem to imply that the player's organism will follow a human-like path towards a human-like sapience, which I find unimaginative and unrealistic. I think that instead of a visible or invisible progress bar, a tree of behaviors could be used, with simpler behaviors at one end, and more complex behaviors at the other. At the end of Aware Stage (when the player has made a path across the behavior tree) only some of the behaviors would be unlocked. These behaviors would inhibit or help the development and effects of different Arts, Researchs, Inventions, and governmental and economic structures.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 am

That is basically the role of the behaviour editor. Also, please ask questions on this thread first.
Back to top Go down
Glow Cloud
Newcomer
Glow Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 am

Ughh, somehow I posted this in the wrong place. I meant to put it in Aware Stage
Back to top Go down
Glow Cloud
Newcomer
Glow Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 am

NickTheNick wrote:
That is basically the role of the behaviour editor. Also, please ask questions on this thread first.
Behavior Editor? I haven't heard that mentioned anywhere. It's not on the wiki, and I tried using the search bar to find it in the forums, but nothing came up.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Don't worry, that's something we will bring up soon.
Back to top Go down
Glow Cloud
Newcomer
Glow Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
:bounce:  OOOhhhh..., now I'm curious. When?
Back to top Go down
Glow Cloud
Newcomer
Glow Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Oh, never mind, I see that it is in the forums.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Glow Cloud wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
:bounce:  OOOhhhh..., now I'm curious. When?
The fact that I avoided saying when should have indicated that I am not going to say when.
Back to top Go down
PropTheRedstoner
Newcomer
PropTheRedstoner

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 am

I was told to come here for posting ideas and stuff, so, this is my idea:

Many different things could be used to generate electricity or power.
Depending on what kind of planet you have, you could use anything from solar power, to nuclear power, to energy emitted from quasars. You could even use biofuel and biomass to power your civilization. I also think something like energy in the air, similar to spiral knights, would be interesting. Also, depending on the chemicals that make up your planet, you might have an advantage when it comes to power generation compared to other alien civilizations.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 pm

All already covered.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 pm

I was reading on the wiki a few seconds ago, and I read this;

If the current target has a positive energy value, the AI cell moves towards it

Does this mean that one could potentially use positive-value agents as a sort of "bait" while hunting? Since the NPCell would swim toward a positive agent cloud, could the player (as he/she may have a negative energy value) remain stationary a short distance away, then go in on the offensive while the AI cell is busy soaking itself in the agent? How would the AI avoid this happening again? Would others of the player's species learn how to do this? Would enemy cells learn how to do this?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 pm

MitochondriaBox wrote:
I was reading on the wiki a few seconds ago, and I read this;

If the current target has a positive energy value, the AI cell moves towards it

Does this mean that one could potentially use positive-value agents as a sort of "bait" while hunting? Since the NPCell would swim toward a positive agent cloud, could the player (as he/she may have a negative energy value) remain stationary a short distance away, then go in on the offensive while the AI cell is busy soaking itself in the agent? How would the AI avoid this happening again? Would others of the player's species learn how to do this? Would enemy cells learn how to do this?
It does allow bait agents, which is a very cool consequence.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 am

I have an idea: agent strength. I know what you're thinking "why would you want that?" Well, imagine this scenario: a player is using the agent that attracts cells, when suddenly, a much bigger cell comes and eats the player. Just a example. There are 3 strength settings: lower, upper, and target. Lower would affect cells the target strength and below, upper would affect cells target strength and above, and target would affect a certain size. How strong the agent needs to be in order to affect a cell is the size of the cell. What do you think of this?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

There is only target, and to increase the number of targetted cells you need to increase the number of signal agents produced.
Back to top Go down
meldebious
Newcomer
meldebious

PostSubject: A Thought On Planets   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:48 pm

So I had a thought on planets, but first I looked around a bit to see if anyone else had thought of this. I didn't see anything, but then again I only look around for a bit.

So in thrive you start out at a cell and evolve up, while the cells around you do the same, and later in the game you become a "creature" that can more fully interact with the environment and the creatures around you can do the same all the while progressing. Most of this will take place on a single planet until you progress high enough to explore other planets. So what you have is all these different organisms at different stages and different types.

What if we just treat planets just like another organism? Just a different type and class, the planets are evolving as well, (or rather changing). Just like creatures and species are organized into a biome and evolve based upon your auto-evo chess set-up. We could apply this to planets as well, have "Solor system biomes" and the such.

In life there are many creatures, such as birds, plants, bugs, fish, trees, ect... the same goes for planets.

Its just a thought but it kept me up last night until I had to write it down to be able to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Mouthwash
Newcomer
Mouthwash

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 pm

I don't understand any of this? Planets should be altered by their environment and composition. If a planet has massive tectonic shifts, then it'll have earthquakes and volcanoes. If it orbits a red dwarf then it will have to deal with tidal heating and radiation emissions. If it is tidally locked then it will only be habitable on a small strip of land on the equator. Where does evolution or biomes come into this?
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:05 pm

There was something already mentioned some time ago. The plan was, that the other planets aren't calculated until you reach them. Its a procedural generated whole galaxy. So there is no way to simulate everything, so in the first stages, there will be only your planet. When you evolve, you can move out and when you reach another star system, the game will create the system and the creatures, for the case, there are any. On the way, the game only have to calculate everything you visited.

I personally idea would be to include random generated ufos or unknown spaceships, who visit your planet like in spore to give the impression, of more advanced civilisation who are already around. The game track the generated ufos and when you meet a fitting civilisation, they could add the ufo tho their spacefleet.
This could have some configuration possibilities aswell. So for hardcore player, they could set it on a hard level, that enemy civilisation could attack, even if you aren't in space already, to give you some Independence Day feeling. Peoples who don't like this, could then switch to more peaceful aliens or non or much fewer, who visit your world.
Back to top Go down
Mouthwash
Newcomer
Mouthwash

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
I personally idea would be to include random generated ufos or unknown spaceships, who visit your planet like in spore to give the impression, of more advanced civilisation who are already around. The game track the generated ufos and when you meet a fitting civilisation, they could add the ufo tho their spacefleet. This could have some configuration possibilities aswell. So for hardcore player, they could set it on a hard level, that enemy civilisation could attack, even if you aren't in space already, to give you some Independence Day feeling. Peoples who don't like this, could then switch to more peaceful aliens or non or much fewer, who visit your world.
That seems fun to me, although it probably won't be high priority for the team.
Back to top Go down
TheFellowWithTheHat
Newcomer
TheFellowWithTheHat

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I believe that NicktheNick or another member of the Thrive team has already said that the possibility of an Alien visiting, or invading your planet is incredibly minuscule, they don't want the game to be like Spore. If you visit another Solar System, it will probably take you months or years (In-game, of course.) to arrive at said Solar System. And Alien Visitation, as said by a few members of the Forum, is so small that a player could play the game for Months and not see Aliens, or UFOs.

I don't want to crush anyone's hopes or dreams, but even Aliens in neighboring systems is very rare, so don't get your hopes up if you send a probe into space and it visits "Darwin IV" and it turns out to be a massive planet of absolutely nothing.

Again, this is only what I've gotten from the Forum, some of this may be true, some of it may be false.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Mouthwash wrote:
That seems fun to me, although it probably won't be high priority for the team.
Well, its only important when the space stage and the technology is implemented. But then you will need spaceships for alien races aswell, who need to be created procedural. This will most likely be in the far future, but when we get there, implementing random UFO signs woudn't be to difficult, because the mechanic to create the ships would be there already.

TheFellowWithTheHat wrote:
I believe that NicktheNick or another member of the Thrive team has already said that the possibility of an Alien visiting, or invading your planet is incredibly minuscule, they don't want the game to be like Spore. If you visit another Solar System, it will probably take you months or years (In-game, of course.) to arrive at said Solar System. And Alien Visitation, as said by a few members of the Forum, is so small that a player could play the game for Months and not see Aliens, or UFOs.

I don't want to crush anyone's hopes or dreams, but even Aliens in neighboring systems is very rare, so don't get your hopes up if you send a probe into space and it visits "Darwin IV" and it turns out to be a massive planet of absolutely nothing.

Again, this is only what I've gotten from the Forum, some of this may be true, some of it may be false.
It was stated, that there will be some kind of warp drive working with dark matter in the space stage. But i have to agree with one point. Aliens shoudn't be to common and should be rare. One of the reason i suggested the options aswell. In my game i would most likely care aswell for, that there woudn't be a lot of aliens out there. For peoples who want it could work, but the galaxy is gigantic. And i think encounter an alien species shoud be some rare and very extraordinary event. And with over 100 million solar systems, even if only every thousand is inhabitat, there would be already 100.000 planets with life.
So i am aswell for a space stage where aliens aren't the main theme. But there should be there. And yes, some rarely Ufo visits would be fine aswell. In Spore there where everywhere and more annoying and not something where you think wow (Only if the UFO was very nice looking ;)).

Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

meldebious wrote:
So I had a thought on planets
This is called the Gaia hypothesis, and it's interesting, but wouldn't really affect gameplay at all.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:30 pm

I have two questions concerning the fan-base of the game.

1. How many people who play this game do you expect to get its mechanics? Personally, I expect at least 80% of players to understand the game. Sure, some would struggle with wiring organs and making a vehicle (engine and all), but I think most would get it.

2. Why do people get all riled up over similarities to Spore? It reminds me of forum threads about the upcoming Godzilla 2014 movie. Pretty much anything about the movie, and suddenly some random nuts call for blood because it's too similar to Tristar's film. Why is it the same way with Thrive and Spore?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Right now a fair portion of our fan-base seems to be fairly young, but we do have a lot of and I'm sure we'll attract more people who are well-rounded gamers and science enthusiasts. Similarities to spore worry fans because most of them were disappointed with how spore turned out.
Back to top Go down
TheFellowWithTheHat
Newcomer
TheFellowWithTheHat

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:08 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Right now a fair portion of our fan-base seems to be fairly young, but we do have a lot of and I'm sure we'll attract more people who are well-rounded gamers and science enthusiasts. Similarities to spore worry fans because most of them were disappointed with how spore turned out.
I'm not that old but I'd enjoy placing an Organ the wrong way and something silly happens, perhaps my creatures evolve to not be able to create stomach acids and all of my race goes extinct. :3

(Even with a young fan-base, some of them seem like the younger people who are interested in Science, and it seems no one has been pointlessly spamming the forums, yeh?)

I don't know anyone else' reason of wanting the game, other than "It will be better than Spore!" because I'm not really on the Forums all that often, but I adore the concept and my heart nearly sprang out of my throat when I saw what you were striving for. Even though I may not grasp the concept scientifically, when I'm in my thirties or whenever the game will come out, I will keep the whimsical wonder that I had when I first played Spore.

(I'm terrified of replying to the Team lead. It's like I'm speaking to a King or President. You never know what you might say will be wrong. Apologies.)
Back to top Go down
NikolaAnicic007
Newcomer

PostSubject: So...in my opinion this is the place for this question :I   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:57 am

So...wait...I'm not repeating the name!Read it ._.
Sorry for the !
Now...
In my opinion this is what Thrive looks like in my mind eccept you have freedom over the creatures :I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZJ5bkveNc

Now...This looks like a God mod thing because you can skip time and bring down changes to the planet :I
This seems like a gameplay video of Thrive...

Another thing...(My Question)
Will the player be able to send asteroids onto the planet and watch them change the surface?
And may he determine the size of the planet?
Other than that...I think that a evolution system might be implemented like this:
A player makes a creature like the trilobite
The computer track how much times he swims,walks,etc.
The computer makes the parts he uses the most more efficient slowly in many generations
The trilobite get's longer and it get's more legs
It can now run faster
The trilobite starts to explore and strands into the shore when a tide occurs
It's stranded on the shore and it dies...
This happens many times so the trilobite starts getting lungs (The player get's lungs into the editor)
The Trilobite now is a amphibious creature and starts exploring the land...
I will not continue because this shows my point

Also a system in which we use adding orgains on the things the player does determines how his creature looks
And the player can't make a creature too big if there isn't enough resources
Like,for example lungs use a resource like in KSP like Oxygen (in KSP=Air Intake)
the engine in KSP uses air to work and when it looses it it stops like the lungs we have
When there's air we breathe and we can move
What's the first thing you do when you loose air?
Your lungs stop and you start to die!

Now...In this system let's take a reptile like the scutosaur
If he eats 200 units of grass and 20 units of leafes the computer could see he wants to eat more grass and adapt
him to be more efficient at it!

This would force his stomach to change!

Second Question:
Will volcanos act like real volcanos spitting out lava and flaming rocks?
Or will it be like in Spore where it's just a place where some smoke shows up

Third Question:Will temperature hurt or please creatures?

Forth Question:Will we be able to place layers onto the skin of our creatures?
Like the duck that has oil on it's feathers so it deflects water
Like the Lotus leaf that bounces water away and cleans itselfe with rain
Like the Polar Bear who uses it's transparent fur (This may not be how they do it so sorry if I'm wrong) and it's black skin to absorve sunlight?
And will colors determine the heat of the creature?
because a black creature will ALWAYS heat easier than a white creature...
Take a cold blooded creature and make it black...
Now put it into a dessert
I think it would survive easier and move quicker than a white cold blooded reptile :I

Fifth Question:Will meteor strikes make shock waves,heating,dust etc.
and will they be random events like forest fires?

These are my questions sorry if it's the wrong topic :I

I apologize ahead :I
Me :alien: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next