Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BastianKraft
Newcomer

"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Empty
PostSubject: "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"   "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 pm

While i was thinking about the cell stage i noticed there are alot of things the game wont include like:

1st) Some bacteria use Arsen (A very poisonious element) instead of Phosphor as a element in thier DNA (Some people speculate that this isnt true and the research results are based on unhygenic labor rooms.)

2nd) Scientst believe (maybe have even proved :? ) that life can also base of Silicon instead of Carbon as a main element.

Adding it into the game wouldnt cause a noticable change. It would just be a fun fact in the "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" that players could read about. We have so many experts and science advisors so that would be a perfect addon for that game. It would also work as a "help" for players to understand the game.

Im a fan of fun facts and we can just fill it with information we have gathered about evolution and maybe even about the production of Thrive itself.

Thrivanary or not Thrivanary? If yes i will have something to do until i have enough expierience to be a programmer.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"   "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:38 am

1) Arsenic and Phosphorous? Last I had my eye on that research, it wasn't validated. Of course, they could have expirimented more while my back was turned.

2) I haven't heard silicon as a base for life recently, except in some science fiction I have laying around my room. Basically, if you think about it like building blocks, carbon has four points where it can connect to other atoms, while Silicon, which still has four points of connection, does not have all of the same properties due to the configuration of its electrons, which it has more of than carbon. There's a 3p and a 3s orbit complicating things. I would have heard if it was proven, but I'm not the world's best chemist (or best explainer of chemistry,) so we'll have to go with the assumption that it might be possible.

Take my word for it, we don't want to program exact chemistry into this thing or we'll be here until the sun goes supernova.

Having some random fun facts would be cool... just not really necessary until we get cell stage, at least, off the ground. And we must, as always, be very careful with our research. We have a series of podcasts going about Thrive as well, which might go into some of the history. Well, to be more correct, we have the script of one podcast, and the potential of more to follow. If you want to collect some random facts and talk to some people about the origins of thrive, go ahead, but we really do have to buckle down and work on cell stage, some strat issues, and biomes right now, or we'll be here until 2020.
Back to top Go down
BastianKraft
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"   "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:23 pm

I didnt say that these were true "facts". I said

Quote :
1st) Some bacteria use Arsen (A very poisonious element) instead of Phosphor as a element in thier DNA (Some people speculate that this isnt true and the research results are based on unhygenic labor rooms.)

2nd) Scientst believe (maybe have even proved :? ) that life can also base of Silicon instead of Carbon as a main element.

I also said they wouldnt be implementeded into the game:

Quote :
Adding it into the game wouldnt cause a noticable change. It would just be a fun fact in the "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"

i actually just wanted to say a ingame wiki where you can read about stuff would be nice. Why do i always get the feeling everybody misunderstands me? xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"   "thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?" Empty

Back to top Go down

"thrive + dictionary = Thrivanary?"
Page 1 of 1