Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+93
JoseAAV
Disastericks
Secondkingstons
EnergyKnife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Grimm Reaper
Atrox
Xazo-Tak
HariboTer
Naevius
jay sheddan
Im a Peanut
Tritium
Tarpy
Narnobie123
Gawbad
Nimbal
Thriving Cheese
WJacobC
FunnyGames
PerfectOrganismil
TheSmart_1
Dilophoraptor
untrustedlife
BioMike
energypro
RodGame
protoast
Cobalt58
jman12351
Sundu
ExtraSolar
Dumb_person69
spacetime_dinosaur
Oliveriver
Calfeggs
NikolaAnicic007
MitochondriaBox
Tré Wisemen
SmartGenius
ComradeDoc
THRIVE
thrivepedia
beachbum111111
WilliamstheJohn
ingaborgasaurus
Raptorstorm
alduin2013
decelis93
Noone
gvd72
Jopetsu
Daniferrito
M3rox
Rorsten594
roadkillguy
Silver Sterling
Carnifex
Seregon
PREDAL1ENWARRIOR
GamerXA
Brennus
nziswat
PHILmg
NickTheNick
wwewar
ethroptur
Orygandian2
penumbra espinosa
Pezzalis
zippybomb
jmc-24
Holomanga
MeowMan1
Kraeken
Crimsonspawn
Hegataro
Theusfilipe
PTFace
Doggit
Sgt. Lost Time
US_of_Alaska
Admiral Van Tromp
ido66667
D4RK_VOID
bill2505
Dr_Chillgood
Tenebrarum
Army-Lion
Mysterious_Calligrapher
~sciocont
The Uteen
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Remember to start with questions like this on the Miscellaneous thread, although having said that at the moment there currently is a discussion there.

Btw, I'm currently in a heap of work, but if no one answers this question I'll come back to it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Atrox_Somnium wrote:
I was wondering if organisms would age in the game. And if so would it affect the organisms? Would we be seeing some animals have gray fur or some that move more slowly than others? Can organisms die of old age, so if you play as a specific organism for a while can you die randomly because the organism is too old?
The main problem here is that ontogeny is rarely simple. Some aminals undergo metamorphosis, some grow up with different rates in different areas. Until we find a clean way to specify how animals grow over time that can be easily edited and mutated, babies are just going to have to be scaled-down versions of their parents. Here's a nice video on dinosaur ontogeny.

Interestingly, Horner's last reference is to the Tyrannosaurus/Nanotyrannus controversy, which I am about to be swept up into. I prepare fossils in the lab of Dr Thomas Carr, who is one of the world's experts on Tyrannosaur ontogeny, and I'll be going on an expedition out to Hell Creek with his team this summer, where we'll be collecting from multiple sites which contain Juvenile Tyrannosaurus/Nanotyrannus specimens. We're of the view that Nanotyrannus is a Juvenile T. rex and not a distinct species, but the evidence is not as clear cut as Horner makes it out to be in that presentation.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:45 pm

so will you be doing the bone histology thing on the tyrannosaurus and nanotyrannosaurus fossils?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Atrox_Somnium wrote:
so will you be doing the bone histology thing on the tyrannosaurus and nanotyrannosaurus fossils?
We're a bit less enthusiastic about cutting into our bones, and many of the fossils in our quarries and collection aren't exceptionally well-preserved. You can see what some of the fossils Dr Carr has found look like in this documentary. Lots of the stuff I have to clean is completely permeated by plant roots, like the larger t.rex bone they show in the field there.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm

i see. well that's a cool job nonetheless
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Atrox_Somnium wrote:
i see. well that's a cool job nonetheless
If only I got paid. I'm a volunteer,
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Very cool scio.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:14 am

~sciocont wrote:
Daniferrito wrote:
Would that be 11 pm or 11 am?

I will assume pm, as 11am GMT isin the middle of the night for america. 11pm might be a bit too late for europe, though. That would be 1am in europe
2300 GMT, 11pm GMT

Ah . . . I assumed you were talking about 11am. I certainly won't be available for 11pm GMT. If necessary, I don't mind if I'm not in it, but if a better time could be found I'm still up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:34 am

Oliveriver thank you for showcasing the prototype.
------
Hopefully I will be able to update it this weekend ( I have been really busy with school and final exams)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:19 am

Oliveriver wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Daniferrito wrote:
Would that be 11 pm or 11 am?

I will assume pm, as 11am GMT isin the middle of the night for america. 11pm might be a bit too late for europe, though. That would be 1am in europe
2300 GMT, 11pm GMT

Ah . . . I assumed you were talking about 11am. I certainly won't be available for 11pm GMT. If necessary, I don't mind if I'm not in it, but if a better time could be found I'm still up for it.
Oh, I'm sorry, I saw WJacobC post 11:00 PM GMT and didn't stop to ask if you were using AM, PM, or a 24-hour clock. Daniferrito and Seregon may be part of the podcast.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:29 am

I'd still like to be part of it if at all possible. Hmm, let me think . . . I could prerecord something, but what that something could be I'm not sure - it would have to be a part of Thrive I know a lot about, such as the music. I saw WJacobC's said he'll write the script, although if it's not yet finished I'd be perfectly happy to help. Either way, the inclusion of more team members will help a lot. I'll be excited about it whether I'm in it or not.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:42 am

I don't think I ever said I would write the script... I can go for as early as 9:00PM GMT I believe, but that may come close to another activity I have tomorrow. So, who's writing the script then?

(PS - Scio, what's your Skype?)
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:56 am

WJacobC wrote:
Perfect. Oliver, there should be an option for that if you are on Bluehost, which I believe you are. Anyone who wants to join just add me on Skype (WJacobC (clever I know)). I'll make a bit of a script as well.

Don't worry, it's understandable if you've forgotten. Providing I know who's involved and what everyone will be talking about, I can write the script if you need me to, unless ~sciocont's already started. I think 9:00PM GMT may just be doable for me, but it'll depend on how long we go on for. I'll get a Skype account set up anyway, so I can participate if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:12 am

Wow I feel extremely derpy right now I think I meant I would right down a script for me. Anyway, I've made contact with Daniferrito and Seregon on Skype, so only Oliver and ~sciocont are left. Oliver, make it if you can, but we understand if you can't. Us being so international will make this hard.
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm

WJacobC wrote:
Wow I feel extremely derpy right now I think I meant I would right down a script for me. Anyway, I've made contact with Daniferrito and Seregon on Skype, so only Oliver and ~sciocont are left. Oliver, make it if you can, but we understand if you can't. Us being so international will make this hard.
I've written a script on Toxins for myself, and told Dani and seregon to write scripts of what they want to talk about. I've sent you my information on skype.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:30 pm

In that case I think I'll write a script for myself explaining about the music of Thrive (it may be that I do a music update for each podcast) and prerecord it anyway, just in case I can't participate in the actual recording. I'll send you everything on Skype once I've made an account and recorded it. Would it possible to change the time of the podcast to 9pm GMT as Jacob suggested or not?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
In that case I think I'll write a script for myself explaining about the music of Thrive (it may be that I do a music update for each podcast) and prerecord it anyway, just in case I can't participate in the actual recording. I'll send you everything on Skype once I've made an account and recorded it. Would it possible to change the time of the podcast to 9pm GMT as Jacob suggested or not?
I'm fine with 9 GMT, I'll see about seregon and Dani. If they're not up for that time, we can easily do 2 recordings.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
Right, I have a couple of miscellaneous points to mention here.

Firstly, I've made this gameplay video of the prototype:

From playing the prototype a few times, there are a couple of things I've noticed. Occasionally, due to the fluid dynamics, the cell will become stuck or will just move between two places for a few seconds (as you can see at 1:47 and 2:07 in the video). Furthermore, it seems to be taking up a lot of processing power for such a simple game/program. However, it is, in all honesty, very fun already. Even something as basic as moving a cell around to gain parts is enjoyable, and if I wanted to I'd have no trouble spending much longer playing it than I did in the video (note to self - don't kill your cell, it will make your species go extinct ).

The second miscellaneous point is that WJacobC and I (well, mostly Jacob admittedly) have come up with the idea of doing a Thrive podcast. Once every two weeks (or whatever time frame is eventually decided) we could use either Skype (which I don't yet have but could get if I needed to) or Steam voice chat to discuss recent updates about Thrive. Some of the ideas we've come up with so far are:
  • Playing the prototypes/early releases and highlighting any recent changes (in fact, we could even have competitions during the podcast with everyone playing the prototype at the same time to see who can survive the longest).
  • Presenting any recently composed music.
  • News updates on all matters Thrive.
  • Answer questions from people commenting.
  • Interviews with the programmers themselves on their progress.

So far, Jacob's set up an RSS feed (http://wjacobc.com/thrive/thrivecast.xml ) and we've worked out how to upload it to iTunes. It would be easy to allow other members to take part in the discussion using Skype/Steam, or even simply text chat that we then read out if they don't want to reveal their voice (although I'm not sure how well that will work).

The more we thought about it the better an idea it seemed, so with everyone's permission we'd like to go ahead with it. Also, Jacob said he was going to post something here, so I apologise if I got in before him. He's probably got a few more points to add about it that I missed.

Thirdly, I'm sorry I haven't been able to update the website for a couple of weeks. I've been quite busy and haven't had enough time. I'll probably manage to update it sometime in the next few days.

Fourthly, I've had a crack at creating some concept art:

Spoiler:

It's pretty simple, but it's the best I've managed so far. The waterfall image I created myself, while I found that having the logo in the shards and adding it over the planet created quite a powerful effect.

The video load directly on the original channel. I would have done it myself, but in recent weeks are really busy.

The only thing is that it changes the song since "officially" that song is not suitable while you play, but you have to use more ambient music.
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm perfectly fine with whatever time you choose. Actually, 9 pm GMT is much better for europe, as it is no longer 1am.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I am untrustedlifeakamike on skype, I would like to participate in the podcast.
---
GML is a slow language, but I did not put any processing savers here, you can set the priority to normal as it defaults to high,shouldn't lag anyway then.
I might redo it in C++
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm afraid I won't be able to participate in the actual recording of the podcast (partly because I failed to realise it's currently British summer time and therefore GMT+1 ), but I've recorded my part about the music of Thrive and sent it to WJacobC so he can forward it to ~sciocont for the editing process.
Back to top Go down
Tritium
Newcomer
Tritium

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Sup guys, hope you don't mind me asking but whats the current concept of pseudopodial movement?
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:37 pm

One question- Are we going to have specific rulers in strategy mode? (The game will tell you who is the current ruler of your nation and his stats)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Tritium wrote:
Sup guys, hope you don't mind me asking but whats the current concept of pseudopodial movement?
At this point, we're not including it.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Tarpy wrote:
One question- Are we going to have specific rulers in strategy mode? (The game will tell you who is the current ruler of your nation and his stats)

Yes, they will be included. Most government forms will randomly generate individual leaders with procedural names, but partisan systems will generate both a leader and a party that that leader represents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next