Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choosing, generating or randomizing planets?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:35 pm

While this is a good question, this belongs on the misc. thread, not a new one.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm

I thought about that, but settled with an own thread, as I think this is a pretty big factor.
If mods disagree, feel free to lock it and I will pose the question in that thread instead.

I think that you should choose some parameters, but not to specific.
Like this.
Type: Terrestrial planet/Icy moon/Gas giant
Distance: Close/Mid/Far within the habitable zone for planets or Close/Mid/Far within the whole system for a moon, as they can be kept hot through tidal forces.
Size: Big/Mid/Small
Gravity: High/Mid/Low
Axial tilt: No/Low/Mid/High/Extreme

Or maybe use sliders and randomize within a certain range of the sliders of each parameter.
Back to top Go down
IAMBEOWULF

IAMBEOWULF

PostSubject: Crops and pets?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 pm

What about the domestication of plants and animals?
Back to top Go down
IAMBEOWULF

IAMBEOWULF

PostSubject: sorry   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I meant to post this in the misc sorry
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Crops and pets?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:27 pm

No worries, a dev can move it. And to answer your question, domestication is a planned feature, crops I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Dalroc wrote:
I thought about that, but settled with an own thread, as I think this is a pretty big factor.
If mods disagree, feel free to lock it and I will pose the question in that thread instead.
For next time; it's better if you first post it on the misc thread, and then if it deserves its own thread a mod can THEN move it to its own thread.

@Other members:
this applies to everyone else to, it's better if you first post it on the misc thread, and then if it deserves its own thread a mod can THEN move it to its own thread.

Dalroc wrote:
I think that you should choose some parameters, but not to specific.
Like this.
Type: Terrestrial planet/Icy moon/Gas giant
Distance: Close/Mid/Far within the habitable zone for planets or Close/Mid/Far within the whole system for a moon, as they can be kept hot through tidal forces.
Size: Big/Mid/Small
Gravity: High/Mid/Low
Axial tilt: No/Low/Mid/High/Extreme

Or maybe use sliders and randomize within a certain range of the sliders of each parameter.
The size option's a pretty good idea (of computer memory reasons), about the others; you'll get such powers when you unlock 'god mode/tools'.

Last edited by Thriving Cheese on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Cellular Dinosaur wrote:
If so...    MWAHAHAHA, RISE MY PRETTIES, RISE AND TAKE OVER THRIVE, MWAHAHAHA!
Please try to keep discussion constructive.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Dalroc wrote:
Big or small, it needs to be asked in your intro thread or the misc thread, to confirm whether it has been discussed before. That is the case right here. There is no need for this because there is already an amazingly detailed planet generation system made by ExtraSolar here. Please do research before posting.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Thriving Cheese wrote:

For next time; it's better if you first post it on the misc thread, and then if it deserves its own thread a mod can THEN move it to its own thread.
Ahh, ok :)Splicing threads is usually not prefered over merging threads, in other forums I regularly visit. But I will keep this in mind!

Thriving Cheese wrote:
The size option's a pretty good idea (of computer memory reasons), about the others; you'll get such powers when you unlock 'god mode/tools'.
I am aware of this, but I'm talking about your starting world. When you are just a microbe, far from the all mighty god tools.
It is not that you should be able to sculpture the whole landscapes and do whatever you want with the starting planet. But I should be able to choose if I want to be in a colder world or on a moon instead of a planet and so on.
NickTheNick wrote:
Big or small, it needs to be asked in your intro thread or the misc thread, to confirm whether it has been discussed before. That is the case right here. There is no need for this because there is already an amazingly detailed planet generation system made by ExtraSolar here. Please do research before posting.
No, that is not the case. I've seen this planet generation system, but there it nowhere states how much influence you will have over your homeplanet. Where you will be stranded for the major part of the game.
I feel that you are not grasping my question here.

God tools and the planet generation system is irrelevant here. Sure the planet generation system will be used to generate the planet, but the question is, do you have any choosing powers over your starting planet?
This is an important question, as you could then maybe create a hardmode planet for yourself.
Close to the star so it's hot, an extreme axial tilt so the climate is irregular over the surface, high gravity and a small planet where there is bigger competition for food.

PS. Heh, I couldn't even QUOTE a link, because I'm a new member ^^
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Cellular Dinosaur wrote:
 So Nick, will we be able to make a mind controlling fungus like the cordyceps?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Dalroc wrote:
No, that is not the case. I've seen this planet generation system, but there it nowhere states how much influence you will have over your homeplanet. Where you will be stranded for the major part of the game.
I feel that you are not grasping my question here.

Your homeplanet will be randomized upon start (using a habitable world from the PPG results), until after several releases we will make the full game, where the player will start with the galaxy in a sandbox mode, and can use God Tools as their whim to change what they want. when finished, they then select one of the planets in the galaxy to start on.

Dalroc wrote:
God tools and the planet generation system is irrelevant here. Sure the planet generation system will be used to generate the planet, but the question is, do you have any choosing powers over your starting planet?
This is an important question, as you could then maybe create a hardmode planet for yourself.
Close to the star so it's hot, an extreme axial tilt so the climate is irregular over the surface, high gravity and a small planet where there is bigger competition for food.
They are actually relevant here. Planet gen is necessary to create the galaxy in the first place, and in later releases God Tools are what are used to edit the galaxy before you start.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Atrox_Somnium wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Cellular Dinosaur wrote:
Should be possible, but that would be something for later releases. There are a great many things possible in nature, and we only see a small spectrum of it today on Earth, so there is always research to be done in adding more concepts and systems. However, I don't think such a thing will be in any early releases. Also, I think zombie apocalypses is taking it too far.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:57 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Your homeplanet will be randomized upon start (using a habitable world from the PPG results), until after several releases we will make the full game, where the player will start with the galaxy in a sandbox mode, and can use God Tools as their whim to change what they want. when finished, they then select one of the planets in the galaxy to start on.
Ok, this seems legit, to leave it for later releases! But isn't all of the god tools a little bit to much power over your starting planet? ^^ There should still be some randomization I think!
Also, I thought sandbox was unlocked first after ascension? Giving sandbox capabilites and god tools form the go seems to be suicide for all other parts of the game..

NickTheNick wrote:
They are actually relevant here. Planet gen is necessary to create the galaxy in the first place, and in later releases God Tools are what are used to edit the galaxy before you start.
Of course it is relevant to the actual generation of planets and stars.. I said so too in the quoted post ^^
I just mean it is irrelevant to talk about the PPG, for this particular question.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

I too am under the impression God Mode/ Sandbox are unlocked after ascension, if not I strongly feel they should be.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Well, we could just plop a random button there next to the options for customization.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Well, we could just plop a random button there next to the options for customization.
So I either have to choose between finetuning a planet or getting a completly randomized planet?
That's no good..

Really, your homeplanet should not be open for tinkering and planetengineering (until acsension is reached).. That is stupid :/
But you should be able to set simple, basic parameters if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:42 pm

I didn't say anything to choosing between such extremes only, my mental image was three sets, the basic parameters like you said, an advanced options, and then the simple random like I posted earlier.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:50 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Atrox_Somnium wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Cellular Dinosaur wrote:
Should be possible, but that would be something for later releases. There are a great many things possible in nature, and we only see a small spectrum of it today on Earth, so there is always research to be done in adding more concepts and systems. However, I don't think such a thing will be in any early releases. Also, I think zombie apocalypses is taking it too far.  
 I think a zombie apocalypse may have been established already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyjpqDWsaE
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Dalroc wrote:
So I either have to choose between finetuning a planet or getting a completly randomized planet?
That's no good..
NickTheNick wrote:
Your homeplanet will be randomized upon start (using a habitable world from the PPG results), until after several releases we will make the full game, where the player will start with the galaxy in a sandbox mode, and can use God Tools as their whim to change what they want. When finished, they then select one of the planets in the galaxy to start on.
Dalroc wrote:
Really, your homeplanet should not be open for tinkering and planetengineering (until acsension is reached).. That is stupid :/
But you should be able to set simple, basic parameters if you want to.
It is not stupid, it is to allow players to customize their galaxy if they want to before they start playing. If you don't want it to be open for tinkering or planetengineering, then just don't do that. Just start right away. There is nothing forcing you to customize it.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:30 am

NickTheNick wrote:
It is not stupid, it is to allow players to customize their galaxy if they want to before they start playing. If you don't want it to be open for tinkering or planetengineering, then just don't do that. Just start right away. There is nothing forcing you to customize it.
I find it stupid :P 
Really defeats it's own purpose with reaching acsension, if you can sculpture the world as you like before you start anyway. :evil: 
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 am

Ugh, I can feel a headache coming on just reading this bickering.

Dalroc, read the entire post, Nick pretty much confirmed the option to leave the galaxy alone before playing.
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:10 am

Yes, I know how to read. I am still entitled to my opinion that it is a stupid idea and have my right to express my reasons why.

Letting you modify your galaxy beforehand, is like letting a newly aware spieces build an aeroplane directly, to get around everywhere. I mean, you don't HAVE to use the aeroplane, but it's there..
It defeats the purpose of evolving your spieces further if you get the tools from scratch..
Going in and creating perfect planetary systems, all close to you. Make sure your startsystem has alot of minable asteroid belts and planets.
It defeats the whole purpose of the game.

Now, noone has actually given a response to my thoughts, only said "but you don't have to". That is not satisfactory..
Sure, fine if that is how it is implemented, but then give some good reasons for it! Why should you be able to tinker your whole galaxy as a god, before you've even started the game? It is counterproductive to the rest of the game.

EDIT: Why does my inbox keep getting spammed with emails because people post in watched topics? I've disabled it and double checked that it is off 2-3 times, but it keeps sending me mails, clogging up my inbox!
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:20 am

Dalroc wrote:
Yes, I know how to read. I am still entitled to my opinion that it is a stupid idea and have my right to express my reasons why.

Letting you modify your galaxy beforehand, is like letting a newly aware spieces build an aeroplane directly, to get around everywhere. I mean, you don't HAVE to use the aeroplane, but it's there..
It defeats the purpose of evolving your spieces further if you get the tools from scratch..
Going in and creating perfect planetary systems, all close to you. Make sure your startsystem has alot of minable asteroid belts and planets.
It defeats the whole purpose of the game.

Now, noone has actually given a response to my thoughts, only said "but you don't have to". That is not satisfactory..
Sure, fine if that is how it is implemented, but then give some good reasons for it! Why should you be able to tinker your whole galaxy as a god, before you've even started the game? It is counterproductive to the rest of the game.

EDIT: Why does my inbox keep getting spammed with emails because people post in watched topics? I've disabled it and double checked that it is off 2-3 times, but it keeps sending me mails, clogging up my inbox!
 He's got a point. When we first showed up in the universe (and everything else for that matter), we had no ability to decide or even know what environments we would encounter. What we had to do was evolve and adapt to all the different environments we were placed in. We didn't choose. I think this should be the same for Thrive.

P.S. I'm sorry Immortal_Dragon, if I added on to the headache.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:34 am

I'm actually in favour of Dalroc's opinion, whereby the starting planet is randomised. It would keep consistent with the ethos of evolution, as you'd have to work out how to evolve appropriately and effectively to survive on your planet as you find out what sort of terrain and conditions it has. However, it doesn't really bother me which we choose, as players could just choose to randomise their planet without a preview either way, so I agree with Nick's last point.

Dalroc, try going to the topics where you keep getting posts from. 'Stop watching this topic for replies,' is probably written in the bottom corner of those topics. If not, then I'm not sure why it would be happening.

EDIT: 238th post! I'm now on the top 20 all time posters list. :D 
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:10 am

I can see Dalroc's reasoning now, and I have to say I agree, sure the option would be cool, but my personal ruling as a gamer would be to use the random option.

P.S: Don't worry about it Atrox_Somnium, it was just the bickering back and forth in general I didn't like, I wanted to try to put a stop to it, not add on. (Well, in my mind it was arguing.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next