Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+64
moopli
ElementalRed
untrustedlife
Fangchamp
Kirillian
tjwhale
Patrick Rajesh
NickTheNick
MirrorMonkey2
Oliveriver
Lepticidio
MitochondriaBox
StealthStyle L
Zymoox
AwesomeSiebren
crovea
Psych0Ch3f
spacetime_dinosaur
RyuNeko932000
Daniferrito
Earthium Prime
HariboTer
Loony Toony
The Creator
K2017
Namor-Yrotciv
0eragonbioly0
Tidus Klein
anna0cat
Captain Mcderp
Atrox
PTFace
T0N12
Madero
DeanDactyl
Noltras
Tré Wisemen
ethroptur
Alexthe666
sporewow
giffman8
TheRabiesGuineaPig
ccarriel
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Tarpy
SawerGreem
Seregon
jman12351
Notsae66
Tritium
Scottnov
Inca
PropTheRedstoner
Marija Milosevic
amymist
Alex J G
dinoman9877
Armok: God of Blood
Pantheon_Gamer
tjblazer85
Diamond Pixel
Immortal_Dragon
darwin.the.gamer
Jupiter34
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Definitely fun. Realistic? Noooo.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:14 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
Shape shifting.

Probably a mod yeah. But stem cell organisms

Last edited by Atrox on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Can you explain it?
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Gentlemen, gentlemen, i have the solution!

Realism mode and mega-fun-awesome-super-Unrealistic-mode.
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:17 pm

In my opinion stuff like this should be left for mods.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:18 pm

i agree.
Back to top Go down
Olaf
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, i have the solution!

Realism mode and mega-fun-awesome-super-Unrealistic-mode.

There have been discussions on this concept of a fun mode before, they have unfortunately been shot down. If they are to be implemented, it would be by a modder.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Olaf wrote:
There have been discussions on this concept of a fun mode before, they have unfortunately been shot down. If they are to be implemented, it would be by a modder.

I was making a joke.

:3
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:21 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
Can you explain it?

Well what we came up with: What if there was a regular organism like you or me. It sees another creature and decides "I'd like to be that" and then it undergoes a process where it begins producing a bunch of stem cells (at a cancerous rate) and these stem cells differentiate into the exact cells required to mimic an organism. It's pretty far-fetched but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about stem-cell reversion where the cells become undifferentiated.

As much as I'd love to see it in the game, if this thing were ever a real process, it'd probably take weeks/months of in game time and you'd need to cocoon your organism probably. Also if you can shape shift into a copy of say, the top predator in the food chain, aren't you technically now that predator? What's the point of having a species that can become any other species? Wouldn't your species technically go extinct if they all became different forms?

Shape-shifters = game over
Back to top Go down
Olaf
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:22 pm

I know. I find life to be more amusing when people think you take everything seriously.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:23 pm

I saw this awhile ago, and i thought it was cool.

kudos to the first guy.

so, what if you fly to far away from the galaxy, and suddenly everything would go green, and letters would pop up and say "Simulation over." and your game would crash, or restart.
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Atrox wrote:
StealthStyle L wrote:
Can you explain it?

Some explaining later.

But could your cells differentiate into cells that they just see?
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:26 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
Atrox wrote:
StealthStyle L wrote:
Can you explain it?

Some explaining later.

But could your cells differentiate into cells that they just see?

And that was another flaw in my idea I forgot to address: How would they know which cells they'd need to differentiate into?

Maybe something to do with ingestion of the target organism?
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I still don't they'd be able to tell by ingesting, or force their cells to differentiate into the ones the other organism had.

Edit: I've done more posts tonight than I ever have in one day before.

Last edited by StealthStyle L on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
I still don't they'd be able to tell by ingesting, or force their cells to differentiate into the ones the other organism had.

How about biological DNA splicing?
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 pm

What about xenomorphs?

like, getting your egg inside of the creature, like a parasite?
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:31 pm

How would this organism get hold of the DNA?

You probably will be able to lay eggs in other organisms.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
How would this organism get hold of the DNA?

Ingestion! With some proteins or something to get ahold of the genetic material within ce-
What if it used an organisms reproductive material?

I have no clue, actually. I just remember I did a lab in 9th grade where we introduced a bit of RNA for bioluminescence into a dish with bacteria and when we checked the dish a week later, they glowed in the dark. I imagined it would work similar to that but with DNA.

Last edited by Atrox on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Going off topic, what about your species being a virus, whom can infect almost anything biological, plant matter, animal matter, anything that is alive.

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
Going off topic, what about your species being a virus, whom can infect almost anything biological, plant matter, animal matter, anything that is alive.

Tell me what you think.

Viruses aren't technically a living creature and aren't planned to be included in the game.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Fungal infection?
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:37 pm

No, you won't be able to be a virus. You start as a eukaryotic cell so there's never really a chance to be one.

Edit: You can be a fungus.

Edit: FungI. I'm very tired.

Edit: I could make a bad joke here, but that seems too obvious.

Last edited by StealthStyle L on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:39 pm

So, yes for fungal infection?
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:40 pm

You could develop a toxin as a fungi to attack other organisms, yah.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes.... finally my dreams of an alien zombie apocalypse can come true...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 26 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next