Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Concept Race - Page 5 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Concept Race

Go down 
+48
Lightning_Scarz
ThreeCubed
MirrorMonkey2
Paradox
spacetime_dinosaur
Atrox
Mouthwash
Dalroc
Spacer
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
penumbra espinosa
PortalFan1000
Zeyrock
ethroptur
Immortal_Dragon
EnergyKnife
Jimexmore
Thriving Cheese
WilliamstheJohn
WJacobC
Secondkingstons
untrustedlife
Jiko
CoolGuyChris
NickTheNick
nziswat
Rorsten594
Armok: God of Blood
Raptorstorm
Juodvarnis
Oliveriver
MitochondriaBox
tklarenb
specialk2121
Mysterious_Calligrapher
PCaddict
Poisson
Nega1911
Albalrogue
~sciocont
Commander Keen
The Uteen
Pezzalis
US_of_Alaska
GamerXA
Xenopologist
Brown Spotted Kiwi
Tenebrarum
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

Concept Race - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 am

I appreciate the amount of detail you put into that idea, but the races in thrive will be procedurally generated, sooo...yeah, sorry to break it to you, but this idea...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:22 am

PortalFan1000 wrote:
I appreciate the amount of detail you put into that idea, but the races in thrive will be procedurally generated, sooo...yeah, sorry to break it to you, but this idea...yeah.
Hes talking about his player race
for concept and pushing that engine
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 pm

the wiki is only related to technical aspects and descriptions of the gameplay, i dont think player made races are permitted.
Back to top Go down
Zeyrock
Newcomer
Zeyrock

PostSubject: Not Thrive Wikia...   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I made this on a old game Wikia where I made up races.
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

To all above, there is a concept race section.

That is all. .3.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Xeno_Corporation/index/
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you for reminding them doctor. Also, as penumbra espinosa said, the wiki is not for posting these concept races.
Back to top Go down
Spacer
Newcomer
Spacer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, a long time ago, I developed a race called "Leralons" on Spore. As time passed, their look changed and I adapted them to other space genre games. The first time I created the Leralons on Spore, they were humanoid grey aliens with a dinosaur head, but now they are four legged beings with arms, because I considered humanoid aliens too mainstream. Here are their current characteristics and history:

The Leralons are a four legged race that evolved normally on a Earth-like planet named Feros, orbiting a binary star. At the beggining of their Society Stage (equivalent to humanity's Antiquity, I believe), a science and philosophy based civilization know as the Hadrian Empire emerged from the city of Hadria, their capital and once a city-state. The Hadrian Empire is equivalent to the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great, but in the case of the Hadrian Empire, it did not fall. Of course, due to the delay for information to go from one place to another, imperial management was extremely difficult, so the Empire almost collapsed, but it was saved with the invention of the telegraph. However, the Hadrians had still not dominated their homeplanet. After all, other empires and minor civilizations still existed.

It was in the ending of the industrial age were everything changed. The world was at peace, when the first world war happened in Feros (the Leralon homeworld, in the case you have already forgotten). The motives for the conflict were because of resource scarcity, and while the Leralons were already sending probes to distant worlds, they were still not mining these worlds. The war raged between the empires, while the minor civilizations diplomatically joined themselves with the empires. The result of the war was the victory of the Hadrian Empire and their world dominanation, which also included diplomatic dominace over the minor civilizations, who would never throw their armies against a powerful empire. But as their empire now covered the entire planet, it would be wrong to their empire name be "Hadrian Empire", as it would be too "Hadrianocentric". To make the Empire look really global, it's name was replaced with "Leralon Empire", as the word "Leralon" refers to the entire race, and not a single civilization (remember that the proper name of the race is "Leralon". "Hadrian" was only the denomination of a citizen of the Hadrian Empire. Think of the word "Leralon" as equivalent to "Human" and "Hadrian" equivalent to "Roman", for example). But the name of the capital of the Empire was still Hadria, though.

But even with all of the resources on Feros available for a single civilization, these resources were too little and would soon come an end. This forced the Leralons to start expanding to new planets. And this is how the Leralons dominated the stars...

Interesting facts about the Leralons:

* Though they are an empire, they don't have an totalitarian or oppressive government. Actually,the Leralon society is democratic and the way they choose their leader resembles aristocracy: the most intelligent and capable Leralon on the Empire will be chosen as its leader. Of course, the choosen Leralon can refuse the proposal, but such thing is extremely rare, since being choosen as the leader of the Empire is one of the greatest things a Leralon can achieve.

* Hadrian was the denomination of a citizen of the Hadrian Empire, and this term is now only used to refer to Leralons that live on the city of Hadria, their capital. Leralon is the name of the race, and after the unification of Feros, it also became the denomination of a citizen of the Leralon Empire.

Behavior and society: the Leralons are obsessed in discovering the secrets of the Universe, so they are a science focused civilization. Though they are a peaceful civilization, they have also used their excellent technology to develop the most deadly weapons they could think about.

Religion: the only Leralon religion is polytheistic, but half of their population is non-religious, due to their scientific nature.
Appearance:

Concept Race - Page 5 Foto0112
My inspiration for their new body were the aliens themselves from Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds (2005 movie). I'm not talking about the tripod war machines, but the aliens who controlled them, who were also tripods.

Architecture:

Concept Race - Page 5 Enslocation2_v01
NOTE: I do NOT own this image. It has been done by Ensemble Studios as a concept art for Halo. But the architecture represented in this image fits perfectly for the Leralon culture.

Ship design:

Concept Race - Page 5 Leralo10
Concept Race - Page 5 Leralo11

Last edited by Spacer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Good concept race, a little lacking on background, why they evolved and all, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Spacer
Newcomer
Spacer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Good concept race, a little lacking on background, why they evolved and all, but I like it.

If you say so, here's their history. Good reading!

The Leralons are a four legged race that evolved normally on a Earth-like planet named Feros, orbiting a binary star. At the beggining of their Society Stage (equivalent to humanity's Antiquity, I believe), a science and philosophy based civilization know as the Hadrian Empire emerged from the city of Hadria, their capital and once a city-state. The Hadrian Empire is equivalent to the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great, but in the case of the Hadrian Empire, it did not fall. Of course, due to the delay for information to go from one place to another, imperial management was extremely difficult, so the Empire almost collapsed, but it was saved with the invention of the telegraph. However, the Hadrians had still not dominated their homeplanet. After all, other empires and minor civilizations still existed.

It was in the ending of the industrial age were everything changed. The world was at peace, when the first world war happened in Feros (the Leralon homeworld, in the case you have already forgotten). The motives for the conflict were because of resource scarcity, and while the Leralons were already sending probes to distant worlds, they were still not mining these worlds. The war raged between the empires, while the minor civilizations diplomatically joined themselves with the empires. The result of the war was the victory of the Hadrian Empire and their world dominanation, which also included diplomatic dominace over the minor civilizations, who would never throw their armies against a powerful empire. But as their empire now covered the entire planet, it would be wrong to their empire name be "Hadrian Empire", as it would be too "Hadrianocentric". To make the Empire look really global, it's name was replaced with "Leralon Empire", as the word "Leralon" refers to the entire race, and not a single civilization (remember that the proper name of the race is "Leralon". "Hadrian" was only the denomination of a citizen of the Hadrian Empire. Think of the word "Leralon" as equivalent to "Human" and "Hadrian" equivalent to "Roman", for example). But the name of the capital of the Empire was still Hadria, though.

But even with all of the resources on Feros available for a single civilization, these resources were too little and would soon come an end. This forced the Leralons to start expanding to new planets. And this is how the Leralons dominated the stars...

Interesting facts about the Leralons:

* Though they are an empire, they don't have an totalitarian or oppressive government. Actually,the Leralon society is democratic and the way they choose their leader resembles aristocracy: the most intelligent and capable Leralon on the Empire will be chosen as its leader. Of course, the choosen Leralon can refuse the proposal, but such thing is extremely rare, since being choosen as the leader of the Empire is one of the greatest things a Leralon can achieve.

* Hadrian was the denomination of a citizen of the Hadrian Empire, and this term is now only used to refer to Leralons that live on the city of Hadria, their capital. Leralon is the name of the race, and after the unification of Feros, it also became the denomination of a citizen of the Leralon Empire.

Last edited by Spacer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: The Le'phu   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

The Le'phu
The Le'phu or "Phoneys" as they are called by the Galactic Council of Species. The Le'phu are a hard working
Insectoid race,They are master shipbuilders specializing in organic built ships,being able to use their detachable exoskeletons to repair any damage.They run some of the top ship manufactures in the galaxy,with enough credits to buy themselves out of trouble.They evolved in the star system Ani'ous 3 they lived in a hive society threatening the entire galaxy, until someone killed their queen and made them calm down,as it turned out they were widespread throughout the galaxy some even in other galaxies, this made them resource as they have the "throw more men at it" attitude.The Lume'phue High Council decides all Le'phu activity outside of hive worlds. Every 100 years,the Queen or Y'Argon,must decide to war with,Because Culling in numbers is needed.So every 100 hundrid years the galxy arms it self and goes against an octillion worth of Le'phu that engrosses the galxy in a wave of bodies,Also it's very bloody. The Le'phu has a sybloic realtionship with the
Paragrid, an small-large animal that uses the Le'phu hive worlds as an hideout from the rest of the galactic community,since they are hated for their eating and true rapid reproductive cycle,also the Le'phu think their cute as heck, They at the current time do not have have a name for the government system they use because the one they have is unexplainable and weird.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:16 pm

@Spacer

Good background, well written and very thought out.

@Jimexmore

Good job getting your point across, makes me think of locusts towards the end.

Now for a concept of my own.

The Nost'ros:

Hope it's okay to reference your race in this one Spacer.
Back to top Go down
Spacer
Newcomer
Spacer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
@Spacer

Good background, well written and very thought out.

[...]

Hope it's okay to reference your race in this one Spacer.

Thank you, and I actually liked that reference. It means that my race is at some point interesting to others, and not insignificant. And by the way, I liked your race. Their isolationism, medieval art and mystery of their natural body would make me curious if I found them in space.

I think that I will also put a copy of the Leralon history on their post (the one with images an concepts I made for their ships and physiology).

Last edited by Spacer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks, I do a bit of writing in my spare time, so these ideas flow through my mind and I have to write/type them down.

Plus, you wouldn't want to run into one of those guys in a dark alley. :lol: 
Back to top Go down
Dalroc
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am

Not to be an a-hole, but what is the purpose of this thread?
Isn't the game supposed to have auto-evo and simulate an evolution? What purpose does predesigned creatures have? Or are they to be used as basic "shapes" for the auto-evo to "work toward"?
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:43 am

They're supposed to test the constraints and possibilities of the Auto-Evo system, exposing any of its shortcomings. Plus, once we reach the space stage, some of these may be implemented as races on other planets.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Hmm, I didn't know about that last part Oliver, the testing possibilities of the auto-evo system, but not the very last.

EDIT: I've had an idea, as a method of keeping morale up on the site, on my own time, to write little pieces featuring the concept races on this thread. This would be done in the way of a show I like, called Deadliest Warrior, and would like to know if the devs approve of this or not.

Last edited by Immortal_Dragon on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Jimexmore wrote:

Am sorry if this is horrible.
the name made me jiggle, makes me remember a rage comic
Back to top Go down
Mouthwash
Newcomer
Mouthwash

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
EDIT: I've had an idea, as a method of keeping morale up on the site, on my own time, to write little pieces featuring the concept races on this thread. This would be done in the way of a show I like, called Deadliest Warrior, and would like to know if the devs approve of this or not.
I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but you like Deadliest Warrior?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 pm

To keep it short, I like it as much as there is a quote from a Lordi song in my signature. And I would prefer to wait on dev approval before I do any such thing, if I get it.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Mouthwash wrote:
Immortal_Dragon wrote:
I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but you like Deadliest Warrior?
Dude, who cares if he likes deadliest warrior? And you are derailing the thread.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Ok, this idea for a microbe wouldn't leave me alone, and I might as well share it.

Microbe (sorta):

And that's all I really got, may add another concept into this post, hope ya like!
Back to top Go down
spacetime_dinosaur
Newcomer
spacetime_dinosaur

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:07 am

well i wanted to try and make a concept race but i can't think of anything, so i will just go of the pixel-art alien i made.

concept creature:

i think that is all? maybe? anyway say if you think i left anything out

stuff i forgot:
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:54 pm

spacetime_dinosaur wrote:
well i wanted to try and make a concept race but i can't think of anything, so i will just go of the pixel-art alien i made.

concept creature:

i think that is all? maybe? anyway say if you think i left anything out

stuff i forgot:

Looks like the Alien from "Alien Planet" A Documentary done by BBC on a fictional discussion and idea, however very plausible granted the one from Alien Planet is also very different, being two legged. Good idea for a species as this thing would be able to perform very quick turns and looks like it would give some predators a run for their luck.

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Ok, this idea for a microbe wouldn't leave me alone, and I might as well share it.

Microbe (sorta):

And that's all I really got, may add another concept into this post, hope ya like!
On the microbe idea by Dragon, that is a sneaky little amoeba, I am curious, what happens to it if it was to get into a species that was fully developed? Ie entered through the mouth, nose, ears, anus, urethra, or even an open wound? would it die or would if somehow do something in the body? Take Naegleria fowleri , that thing gets in you, you start getting some serious issues ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri For those who don't know who this is. )
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks for the compliment Paradox, I didn't know about that. Come to think of it, I didn't really think about what would happen if it did. It would probably just act like it normally does, eating the other microbes it comes across, although its bioluminescent spots would probably be useless inside another organism. So the effects would probably vary depending on where the amoeba goes.
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 am

Well, let's try to make a concept race myself!
Spoiler:
I hope my english isn't too bad...  I'm open for critics:D 

MirrorMonkey2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concept Race
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next