Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Concept Race - Page 6 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Concept Race

Go down 
+48
Lightning_Scarz
ThreeCubed
MirrorMonkey2
Paradox
spacetime_dinosaur
Atrox
Mouthwash
Dalroc
Spacer
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
penumbra espinosa
PortalFan1000
Zeyrock
ethroptur
Immortal_Dragon
EnergyKnife
Jimexmore
Thriving Cheese
WilliamstheJohn
WJacobC
Secondkingstons
untrustedlife
Jiko
CoolGuyChris
NickTheNick
nziswat
Rorsten594
Armok: God of Blood
Raptorstorm
Juodvarnis
Oliveriver
MitochondriaBox
tklarenb
specialk2121
Mysterious_Calligrapher
PCaddict
Poisson
Nega1911
Albalrogue
~sciocont
Commander Keen
The Uteen
Pezzalis
US_of_Alaska
GamerXA
Xenopologist
Brown Spotted Kiwi
Tenebrarum
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

Concept Race - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Wow, that actually sounds rather terrifying.

Which animals does it normally attach to?

Can you explain a bit more about the planet it evolved on? How gravity and geography affected its evolution?

It is a very well-defined and thought out concept, I like it.
Back to top Go down
ThreeCubed
Newcomer
ThreeCubed

PostSubject: Takin a Shot   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Welp, since ive seen some people on here make their shot at a Concept race, I feel like doing my own.

Spoiler:

Whew, hope thats good for now.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Well, considering that they have fully become a mechanical race, barring maintenance problems/physical destruction they are a race of immortals. So they really have no need to worry about dying a natural death as they despise.

In conclusion, they are a very well thought out race, and a concept I have not seen so far on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lightning_Scarz
Newcomer
Lightning_Scarz

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:32 am

Man, some of these races seem really cool! unfortunetly due to the planet/home planet chosing limitations its unlikely any of these races will truely come to show the galaxy who they are.

if you don't already know what I mean then go to the "determining which planet you are on" thread.it'll explain.

EDIT: sorry if someone on this thread has already pointed it out.

AND PLEASE DO NOT ADD THIS RACE AS A PRESET IN THE FINAL GAME!

But while i'm at it I may as well tell you guys about my concept race:

Home world:The Epics are a reptilian race from planet Tyron,a world slightly smaller than twice the size of earth, and filled with jungles, forests, lakes and waterfalls, and deep oceans (think Pandora from avatar crossed with when dinosaurs ruled the earth).Other than the Epics, giant carnivorous Reptiles rule Tyron, both on land, in the skies, and in the sea.

Biology: Epics stand a bit taller than humans on average, 7ft for males and 6ft for females.They are covered in red scales, and have a large muscular tail with spikes that can be sheathed and unsheathed at will.Living on a higher than average gravity environment they evolved a higher muscle mass to help with movement, and survival.While they are omnivores, they have a preference for living prey and they evolved as hunters.They have sharp claws, sharp teeth and posses the ability to switch between color and thermal vision at will.Their females give birth to approximately 4 eggs per litter.They can live for almost 300 earth years.They are very protective or both their mate and their young.

Government: Epic's are ruled by 13 primes, who are elected by the people, and can be removed from power by them as well. Primes are granted different powers depending on their abilities and knowledge.The Primearch is the head of all epic military and is directly in charge of 80% of the army.The remaining 20% is divided between the other primes on a rotational basis.In matters of galactic importance, all primes vote in an imperial senate.

Society: Epics are a scientifically advanced race which favors honor, bravery, compassion and loyalty.Being disloyal or evil is seen as an act of cowardliness and weakness.They have a powerful military and all epic males are required to undergo some form of military training at the age of 20, even though their not considered adults until the age of 30.

Religion: In Epic religion each god has a different set of values.The God Arlos's values are Courage, Loyalty and honor, he is particularly favored among soldiers.If an Epic wishes for something he must show these values to earn the respective gods favor, so that the god will grant the wish.

Technology: Epic technology is built around energy manipulation.They use lazers, and have found a way of combining metals and crystals to created powerful alloy's that can change gravity and do other cool stuff.

Sorry if I wrote too much

Last edited by Lightning_Scarz on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Actually, the more the better is my opinion when it comes to concept races.

Plus, these races might stand a chance of being implemented as presets in Thrive's full release.

In addition this thread is to also stretch what can be done with the auto-evo.

EDIT: Forgot to say this initially but I like that concept.
Back to top Go down
Deathtrooper
Newcomer
Deathtrooper

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey im new to this discussion.

Having a pre-created races in the game sounds like a good idea.  Like Precursor races or old machines and AI left by their old masters.

For my idea, there should be at least three types of pre-created races.

One.  The extinct race. (Precursor type).  For this type.  This race no longer exists, but it's technology is found in systems and planets that use to be under their control.  Also, if religion becomes an aspect of the game.  You can try to create a religion of worshipping a extinct race, or stop your people from discovering it and stop your people from causing heresy or other kinds of chaotic problems.

Two. The infection (The Thing, the flood, zerg, those kind of aliens)
This type of race of aliens should always be treated with hostility and should be destroyed as soon as possible.  This idea kinda borrows my idea from the Precursors. Like they tried to create the perfect being but the Experiment just goes FUBAR.  This race can even cause complete extinction to your entire race if you don't act quickly and destroy it.

Three.  The AI.  (Skynet, Genocidal Machines).
This race of aliens are machines or AI that have wiped out their old masters and created an empire of their own.  This race is hostile to organic life.  But, if your tech level of your empire is a high number, they would actually side with your empire.  Because they are fascinated by higher technology.  But be warned,  if this empire steals your technology and makes it as advanced as you, be prepared for a massive genocidal war.

Ill make more ideas in the future.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:58 pm

This thread is for making specific races that push the limits of auto-evo concept or could be put into the game Deathtrooper, there is no guarantee the ones on here will be used.

I look forward to something more specific Deathtrooper, considering the concepts you have put up.
Back to top Go down
Deathtrooper
Newcomer
Deathtrooper

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the Feedback.

Hey i understand the concept race idea of having races existing before you reach the space stage.

But, would an idea of having a Forerunner type race that existed long ago and their existence still exists in the galaxy in old tech and documents.
Just to add some stories to the game.

Well since you guys are making a massive size Galaxy. I can create a large amount of concept race ideas and precursor races that can populate or use to populate the Galaxy
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:29 pm

A lot of these races the player meets will be generated by auto-evo. When the game is made, I don't know what the plan is if some of these races will be chosen as presets, that's up to the devs really.

A Precursor Race would be cool as sort of a little story, like figuring out what happened to them. A race can actually salvage tech from another species to get points in that particular tech if they don't already have it. So a Precursor race could be implemented by having things of their tech sort of lying around, or ruins of their buildings or structures, such as an old Dyson Sphere.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:37 am

Well since there is a long line of creatures I decided to toss my own idea out. (Note that I am still learning and also I typo a lot due to a language barrier- Note I ain't going into the whole technology/space age stuff since it is just way too early in my opinion to do all that, so here is a very early sentient species.)

Species- sporasylvi(Seed of the forest) gracilimuta(slender change)
Nickname- Gentle Spirit
Intelligence-Sentient being that utilizes it's surroundings for tools. protection, and is a fast learning species.
Diet- Omnivorous
Classification- Mammal?
Planet- Eden- A high gravity planet with a oxygen and nitrogen rich atmosphere that is covered in many forests with two ice poles and is 60% covered in water with 135 of that being fresh water on land masses.

Appearance- The Gentle Spirit is an odd looking species who stands from seven to ten feet tall that has flat bottom, dermally reinforced footpads on four very thick shins with no real ankle joint between any of the "feet", however it does have knee joints that connect the shins to the thighs which are webbed together by a thick protective membrane that spans between all four thighs. The thighs are socket jointed into an odd lower torso and hip combination that has four socket sets on its "four" sides, it also as a hollowed and holed socket that is massive and allows its upper torso to fix in perfectly so that the being can turn its upper torso two hundred and ten degrees which can allow the being to quickly turn to defend itself.

The upper torso is built similar to a Homo Sapiens, however instead of a one spine it has two that connect directly to the sides of a large ball end structure that is hollow to allow for organs to be in, this in turn sets in the lower torso/pelvic region to act as a massive ball join. The two spins who curve out and away from each other then come back to the top to fuse on the sides of a skull like structure that we will talk about in a bit. The twin spines also connect to each other with a rib cage section save for that on the upper part of the non-spine sides have a part which is a mass socket to fit in its arms. The arms are long enough to reach down to it's knees and are setup a lot like early humans but with a lot more muscle mass and only four fingers. The skull as mentioned earlier looks a lot like the skull from a Homo Erectus except for the top part of the skull that has a hardened cusp. The teeth also have only two canines which are just big enough to take out small bits of meat from scavenged dead animals.

When first meeting-Standing from seven to ten feet tall this gentle giant of the forest is hardly something anyone would want to anger, but despite it's massive body and juggernaut appearance it actually is not a hostile species as it spends it's time moving very slowly on its four footpads, and picking fruit from trees or bushes, sometimes it will eat from the carcass of a dead animal or kill a predator that may try to attack it. The Gentle Spirit seems to defend itself not just with brute force but has also learned how to use large rocks or sticks to strike attackers as well.

Reproduction- The male Gentle Spirit has a long (two foot) curved penis that when erect stretches out from under it's hidden underside and curves up into a "U". The end of the penis has a beaded stimulation tip that inserts into a female. The vaginal area for the female is also under the hidden area of this species. Sex can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the couple as some of these being will make fully monogamous relationships with one other or travel in polygamous groups or many males and females who all take turns with each other to better reproductive chances when traveling to new forests to reproduce. Pregnancy lasts up to four months before the female lays a "kettle" of eggs (from three to seven), the eggs will hatch within a years time. The eggs have an extremely hard outer shell that seems to be unaffected by the cold temperatures or extreme heat, the eggs also within four months after being laid grow tendrils into the ground that lock them into place, they also allow mold to grow on them to protect them from predators. Unfortunately a single female can only lay one kettle of eggs in her lifetime, granted the males and females still remain sexually active despite this. Sexual maturity for males and females start around twenty years old, the species lives up to 200 years.

The name- Seed of the forest was given to this species because it seems to be like a tree at times with how gentle and beautiful they are. From their seeding reproductive traits to their almost tree like appearance.

Slender change was given because despite their physiology when they sleep they put all four legs together and their arms down to look like a tall slender sapling.

Ability to become a tribal to civilized species? Very high due to it's learning nature and protective habits.

(( Also for anyone who is interested in scientific discovery. http://theconversation.com/chemists-show-life-on-earth-was-not-a-fluke-19452 ))
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Okay, so here are some ideas, some of these are pretty long, and may contain butchered versions of combining Greek and Latin. And ideas I mentioned before.

Idea 1:

Idea 2:

Idea 3:

Phew, now that was a brain workout, hope you like.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 am

I like them. Good job. The Stone Eater was my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks Paradox, out of all three, I think I had the most fun designing the Thunder Voice, since it has such a unique hunting style, I had to design the rest of its body around that.

The only way I could summarize their menopause is "STAY AWAY," :affraid: :lol: I am not trying to insult anyone with that, it was just a small thing I wanted to do to make them unique.

Plus I liked the Gentle Spirit, out of all the concepts I have seen on this thread, they are in my personal top 3.
Back to top Go down
Lightning_Scarz
Newcomer
Lightning_Scarz

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 am

I have another concept race if anyone wishes to read it:

Protoxians hail from Planet Protoxia. They are Humanoid insects with a very advanced set of vocals. Their true name is unpronounceable by most species, so they are simply called protoxian.

Protoxia: A lighter gravity world with a very unusual rock composition that leaves the planet looking purple. Almost all life on the planet is covered in some form of protective shell, including plant life. The planet is ruled by highly venomous insects, and, by galactic standards, life here has on average the strongest immunity to venom and poison in the galaxy. The planet has an odd rotation, that leaves half the planet covered in clouds one day, and no clouds the next.

Biology: Protoxians have an odd life cycle. Their queens stand horizontal and have 6 legs. They give birth to approximately 1000 "swamers"(small creatures, about the size of a small cat) that are created solely to serve the queen. Swamers will grow to become a new queen in about 1000 years, though this rarely happens due to the swamers vulnerability. The Protoxians known to the galaxy are bipeds, with insectoid wings. these are created by queen in a similar way to human females (except for the fact that the eggs are fertilized without a male, I'm not gonna go into details to keep this child friendly:) ). These bipeds then reproduce in the same way to the rest of the galaxy. The biped form also has retractable spikes protruding from their arms that they can unsheathe at a moments notice. Their purple exoskeleton helps them blend in with their surroundings.

Government: Each Queen selects a representative to run The Protoxians for them. These Representatives have all the power they could wish for and are basically kings, called the Sharcj. Their government system is basically communism.

Society: Protoxians are known to be aggressive, territorial, and have a general dislike of other species. they are very seclusive, only interacting with outsiders when needed. Their buildings have a certain barbaric, but not uncivilized feel, involving tall and thin buildings. Their technology isn't particularly advanced, though they are among the leading researchers in biotechnology and genetics. IN their society, if your local Sharcj doesn't consider you important, your a workforce grunt.

Religion: Protoxians believe in a "super queen" that gave birth to the first protoxian queen, and that that queen began the protoxian race.

Technology: The protoxians don't have the greatest tech,but they are very fond of genetically experimenting with subordination races. They often genetically engineer their own species to better suit them for a specific task.

Thanks for reading!!!
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:25 am

Here's my race:

Name: Quzz.

Type: Insect.

Size: Size of a Bee.

Biology: There are three genders: Male, Female, and Steris. Males have a large crest on their back that has chromatophores that they use for communicating with other males(we'll get back to that later). Steris is the strongest of the three, but have no reproductive abilities. The alpha males are marked by having a bigger crest. They have a long, flexible proboscis that they use for killing anything as big as or smaller than a beetle. Anything bigger they latch on to and suck their blood.

Behavior: The Quzz form packs similar to wolf packs. Most of the males mark territory, but the alpha runs in circles inviting solitary Quzz into his territory. The female tends to the larve and gather extra food. The steris do the hunting. They communicate using pheromone singnals unique to that pack. If two packs meet, the alphas meet and use the color singnals. There are two outcomes: either the packs leave each other alone, or they fight until one or the other is destroyed.

Society: There have been reports of small, extremely basic structures found near packs, and more complex color communication between packs. Some of the packs take random pebbles and stare at them for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:26 am

Here's my race:

Name: Quzz.

Type: Insect.

Size: Size of a Bee.

Biology: There are three genders: Male, Female, and Steris. Males have a large crest on their back that has chromatophores that they use for communicating with other males(we'll get back to that later). Steris is the strongest of the three, but have no reproductive abilities. The alpha males are marked by having a bigger crest. They have a long, flexible proboscis that they use for killing anything as big as or smaller than a beetle. Anything bigger they latch on to and suck their blood.

Behavior: The Quzz form packs similar to wolf packs. Most of the males mark territory, but the alpha runs in circles inviting solitary Quzz into his territory. The female tends to the larve and gather extra food. The steris do the hunting. They communicate using pheromone singnals unique to that pack. If two packs meet, the alphas meet and use the color singnals. There are two outcomes: either the packs leave each other alone, or they fight until one or the other is destroyed.

Society: There have been reports of small, extremely basic structures found near packs, and more complex color communication between packs. Some of the packs have been known to take random pebbles and stare at them for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
jewelofleo
Newcomer
jewelofleo

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah this is my first post :) 

Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:14 pm

jewelofleo wrote:
Yeah this is my first post :) 

Hello, jewelofleo. Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules.

You could have also made a thread on the introductory subforum, as that is usually recommended for new members.

EDIT: Also, PortalFan, did you double post by accident?
Back to top Go down
jewelofleo
Newcomer
jewelofleo

PostSubject: Evolution Of My Creature Part 2   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks, I already read the rule though. Also I tried to make a introducery thread but it wouldn't go through.

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Remember that this thread is not to just post about your dream thrive game playthrough. This thread is to imagine a conceptual race and post it to give ideas for the game designers. Even the original idea for it I feel is not necessary, but so far it hasn't done any harm. However if people are going to begin deviating from even that concept then there is no point to this thread, so please don't.
Back to top Go down
jewelofleo
Newcomer
jewelofleo

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Sorry about that. I make a thread for it though?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm

No, because I just said that that is not contributing towards the development of the game and is hence pointless. Use Thrive's reddit or wikia forum or other sites for such things, but not here.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 pm

jewelofleo wrote:
Sorry about that. I make a thread for it though?
NickTheNick, jewelofleo- Ah, sorry, jewelofleo has probably misunderstood me when I said about making a thread in the introduction subforum. What I really meant was to make a new thread to introduce yourself, not write about the concept story.
Back to top Go down
jewelofleo
Newcomer
jewelofleo

PostSubject: Oops   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 am

Oh.... :oops: Well that makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
Deathtrooper
Newcomer
Deathtrooper

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello their THRIVE people. Deathtrooper here, reporting from the frozen wasteland that they call Nebraska.

Well i wanted to add my idea in the Concept race idea.  Well the game is said that random races are created uniquely so that no alien race looks the same.  I wanted to make a suggestion, in the terms of game lore.  How about the pre-created races are ancient extinct civilizations like the Forerunners, Precursors, or another ancient alien race see in movies or games.

Don't get me wrong but the idea of creating Precursor races seems to be a smarter idea of making pre-created races because they can have unique stories and lore.  If this game is put onto Steam, then the game can be opened onto the steam workshop, by doing this, people can create pre-created ancient races that can be used as Precursor races that populate the Dark Void of Space!!!!!!.  It also opens up to more creativity to the Community, and we can have contests of people to make the most awesome Precursor race.

Ok back to the the gameplay aspect, so if you find remains of this civilization, you can research the old tech and advance your race and research more high tech S**t.

and for a list of of buildings i suggested for ruins.

Temples
Dyson Spheres
Satellites
Cities
Warships
Defunct space habitats
Tombs,
Crashlanded space craft.

THIS IS A SUGGESTION, DONT GET MAD PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concept Race
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next