Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Organ Design - Page 15 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Organ Design

Go down 
+46
ThreeCubed
TheChubbyChihuahua
PortalFan1000
x11x35
Anagennesarcus
Immortal_Dragon
EnergyKnife
DesertBeagle
Seregon
Cobalt58
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
scorpion268
Xazo-Tak
Raptorstorm
WilliamstheJohn
spacetime_dinosaur
Tarpy
untrustedlife
NikolaAnicic007
Juodvarnis
Dilophoraptor
Daniferrito
Noone
NickTheNick
Calfeggs
ido66667
Xinomorph
Deathbite42
Brennus
Mixotroph
Orygandian2
zippybomb
Grep42
PTFace
Pezzalis
Hegataro
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Theusfilipe
MeowMan1
sumwun18
Kraeken
The Uteen
Holomanga
penumbra espinosa
lbrewer
~sciocont
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

Organ Design - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Actually, I think that the end of the digestive system will just be linked to an orifice that is designated or something like that.
That would be quite simple.
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Actually, I think that the end of the digestive system will just be linked to an orifice that is designated or something like that.
I was actually thinking something more along intestines and the like. To refine things more, and get the most out of ingested material.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Xeno_Corporation/index/
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:26 pm

I think there is something like the intestines called the Gut, I know it is mentioned around here somewhere.

I also have an organ/part idea.

Extendable Tongue
System: Miscellaneous (I don't know where this fits)
Description: A tongue that is anchored with a hyoid bone and can be extended to a significant length
Use: Hunting and snaring
Details: Can have its length adjusted, as well as modified with a sharp harpoon tip made from bone instead of a sticky tip.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:28 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
I think there is something like the intestines called the Gut, I know it is mentioned around here somewhere.

Extendable Tongue
Description: A tongue that is anchored with a hyoid bone and can be extended to a significant length
Details: Can have its length adjusted, as well as modified with a sharp harpoon tip made from bone instead of a sticky tip.
Hey! I got an idea!
What about a string shooting system!

String Shooting gland
System: Miscellaneous
Description: A small organ which creates silk and shoots it at rapid speed on enemy, possibly slowing it down ( If shot in legs) or blindening it (If shot in eyes)
Use: Hunting and defending
Details: Web is very sticky and could cause serious problems to a four legged enemy as he couldn't remove it and would probaly be leaved there to die.
Back to top Go down
King Plorpadeus Ex
Newcomer

PostSubject: I actually do live in Belgium   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 am

WilliamstheJohn wrote:

Hey! I got an idea!

String Shooting gland
Description: A small organ which creates silk and shoots it at rapid speed on enemy, possibly slowing it down ( If shot in legs) or blindening it (If shot in eyes)
Details: Web is very sticky and could cause serious problems to a four legged enemy as he couldn't remove it and would probaly be leaved there to die.
Would it not be part of the generic gland organ? And also, if it were to be added, wouldn't it just be used to make web structures (thinking of spiders).

Last edited by King Plorpadeus Ex on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Quote did not work.)
Back to top Go down
King Plorpadeus Ex
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:

Extendable Tongue
I think that this is a very interesting idea. I imagine that if voices were to be included, the species with these kinds of tongues would sound unusual. I support this.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 am

Please don't multipost. If you think of something to add, use EDIT to add it in to your previous post.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:15 am

King Plorpadeus Ex wrote:
WilliamstheJohn wrote:

Hey! I got an idea!

String Shooting gland
Would it not be part of the generic gland organ? And also, if it were to be added, wouldn't it just be used to make web structures (thinking of spiders).
If the silk used is big enough it can be used as effective weapon.
And yes, it actually could be sectioned as a gland, but i think its more specific than as example venom.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 am

Well, it all depends on how its constructed. The following is just my opinion and is not based on knowledge of this specific matter.

Spiders have spinnerets that allow them to draw out the silk with their legs, so if you just have the gland and it is hooked in a way that it will shoot from an orifice rather than a spinneret, then it can be used for snaring prey that is smaller than the creature or as a defense against predators.

EDIT: Also, Williams, why did you quote my idea post in direct reply.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 am

Name: WBC Distributor

System: Immune

Description: It distributes White Blood Cells around the bloodstream, making it harder to get infected.

Name: Disease neutralizer(yes I know it sounds redundant)

System: Immune

Description: Makes a special kind of WBC that emits an agent that makes the mean ol' germs become cellular cannibals, absorbing each other for nutrition instead of the body in question.

I've noticed that the immune system is a bit neglected in my opinion, so I addressed that issue.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:

Also, Williams, why did you quote my idea post in direct reply.
I got inspiration from you to create something sticky.

Oh, and maybe the gland could create silk from something in food?
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:05 am

I've got an idea for an organ:
Name: Pus blister
System: independent, maybe blood circulation because you need white blood cells to produce pus.
Description: Pus blisters are skin sacs filled with White blood cells.
Use: If a predator bites or eats a creature with pus blisters this paticular exemlar will have a chance to "remind" that this creature doesn't taste good and it will be less likely to eat creatures from this species. This effect will be stackable, so if it eats one creature with pus blisters it will have a chance of for example 15% to remember not to eat this species again. If it still eats an exemplar of its pray it will have a chance of 30% and so on. Each blister should have an effect of like 5% and if you make more or larger blisters the chance will increase.

What do you think of it?:)
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:13 am

I like it, maybe an upgrade could actually make the creature that eats it have a chance to become sick?
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

@Immortal_Dragon
Here you go:
The disease would hurt the digestion system over time and maybe infect other parts slightly.
Let's say one normal sized blister would have a 15% chance to remember the predator not to eat your organism. For example a predator who has eaten two of your organisms with two normal sized blisters each it will have a chance of 60% to avoid your organism. This is a state wich lasts forever. but the chance to get sick is only calculated right when it eats your organism. I'd say 5% per normal sized blister is good. However, even if the predator doesn't get sick he'll still remember not to eat you.
I hope you like the concept, I could get further into it if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:16 pm

It sounds good to me, using the digestive system as mode of infection.

So say this just causes a drain to the infected organism's stats, like its stamina? And since it acts like a venom or toxin, I think it would be implement-able.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

MirrorMonkey2 wrote:
System: independent, maybe blood circulation because you need white blood cells to produce pus.
Use: If a predator bites or eats a creature with pus blisters this paticular exemlar will have a chance to "remind" that this creature doesn't taste good and it will be less likely to eat creatures from this species. This effect will be stackable, so if it eats one creature with pus blisters it will have a chance of for example 15% to remember not to eat this species again. If it still eats an exemplar of its pray it will have a chance of 30% and so on. Each blister should have an effect of like 5% and if you make more or larger blisters the chance will increase.

This would already be covered simply by making skin poisonous or some other factor. We don't need to go into the detail of individual blisters. Also, a blister is not an organ.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Ah, didn't know about the blister thing.
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
MirrorMonkey2 wrote:

This would already be covered simply by making skin poisonous or some other factor. We don't need to go into the detail of individual blisters. Also, a blister is not an organ.
What if, instead of a blister, it's like a kind of sac-like structure, with some bit of it covered by a thin membrane, and if burst, releases your chosen nasty ingredient from within? And maybe some creatures can evolve to self-burst these nodules?

Or something like it, IDK. .3.
Back to top Go down
ThreeCubed
Newcomer
ThreeCubed

PostSubject: New organ idea   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Though I do not think that this organ may be that good, I still want to try to suggest it.

Organ: Conspuentibus Glandula (Spit Gland)
Organ System: Peripheral
Description: A Gland of A poison of choice, Seperate from a Small hole.
Use: If this gland is on a vital area such as the heart or neck area, it can be used to spray itself onto the enemy who is trying to harm your creature, The poison of choice can be chosen and its uses will vary depending on the type, such as a Acidic poison, or a Paralyzing poison, each one doing as it is named from burning the enemy to stunning it for a while, And while it may be used for defense it could also be used for offense, such as it being on a hand to spray at the enemy when you grab them, allowing them to be paralyzed, burned, or pre-digested, kind of like how spiders do it when they kill prey.

I hope this is good enough, Even though I did just think about it on the spot, If this idea was done before I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

The approach Thrive is going with is that the players have a generic Gland part, and the player can designate the end point, whether it is a tooth, claw, the skin, or an orifice of their choosing.
Back to top Go down
ThreeCubed
Newcomer
ThreeCubed

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
The approach Thrive is going with is that the players have a generic Gland part, and the player can designate the end point, whether it is a tooth, claw, the skin, or an orifice of their choosing.
So That means we can design our own glands, and then work off of them? Cool, that works aswell, meaning we can make a same gland as I mentioned or have it so that it has like a spike shooting mechanism, allowing for more effects, such as like a poison dart.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 am

Had a great idea recently, but forgot it. I'm gonna post it if i remember.
EDIT:
AHA!

Name: Stridulation Scraper
System: Communication
Description: A small hardened addon for a wing which can be scraped on the other one (You will obviously have 2 wings, right?) to create chirping noises.
Use: Attracting mate, scaring off other members of the species (If territorial), communicating with each other (By creating different sounding chirps)
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Name: Rattle
Description: A series of small, interlocking keratin chambers at the end of an appendage or tail, that when shaken, or vibrated, produces a rattling noise.
Use: Attracting mate, scaring off other members of the species (If territorial), scaring away predators.

Name: Unth Palate(For lack of a better name)
Description: A series of small vents on the side of the body, that may be attached to a gland or sac of some kind containing gasses. When gasses are sent though these vents they vibrate creating low rumbling or grunting noises.
Use: Attracting mate, scaring off other members of the species (If territorial), scaring away predators, warning herd-mates/pack-mates of danger.
(Maybe it has a morph where if they are made of scales or other harder substances, it makes a clattering noise?)
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Organ name: Water storage
System: ???
Description: Stores excess water for later draining.
Use: If a species lives in deserts, or in times of drought, drains the sacs for hydration.

Organ name: Piston bone
System: Skeletal
Description: Tightly coiled cartilage that releases when needed.
Uses: High jumping, escaping a predator, being a predator, fighting a predator... The list goes on!
Back to top Go down
NikolaAnicic007
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Organ Name: Acidum Tissue
System: Defence/Periferial
Description: Creates and injects acids into the tissue of the animal and the acid can be used to repel predators and/or make the creature repulsive to the predator.
Use: ...Stated Above...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organ Design   Organ Design - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Organ Design
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15