Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Tarpy wrote:
I don't want to sound harsh, but if you want to become respected on the forums you should respect the forum rules. This belongs in the misc. bugs and questions thread.
QFT. The Misc. Thread rule is fairly obvious.

In regards to Zeyrock's question, yes you can get out of your ship and walk around or control entire armies in creature/strategy mode. For the second, most likely the creature in charge of the "flagship" would be an admiral or leader of sorts, but most like not the leader. I suppose you could if you wished, but that would be fairly unwise, for reasons Dinoman pointed out; your leader could be more easily killed, causing your whole nation to be endangered.
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Raptorstorm
Newcomer
Raptorstorm

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:47 pm

I've been wondering about this, can you put other players' cells into your own game, or will it just be the same template cells in each microbe stage?
Back to top Go down
AwesomeSiebren
Newcomer
AwesomeSiebren

PostSubject: uhm   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 pm

I yhought it was 3 different possible looks per cell, but thats just what I read.
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:00 pm

Raptorstorm wrote:
I've been wondering about this, can you put other players' cells into your own game, or will it just be the same template cells in each microbe stage?

i seem to remember that a "thrivepedia" was a planned feature, dont know if it will be a reality in the final game, but it should be easy to implement custom made cells and other props in the game.
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Well, the cells will hopefully evolve as you do, so there wont be any template cells, they will all be created from scratch every time. User created cells or creatures cant fit here because they need to evolve as you do, and the cell/creature other player creates will just be static.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:25 am

I actually think that template microbes\creatures would be a better idea, at least in the first release, just for the sake of simplicity.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:32 am

That's the point.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Reproduction brainstorming   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:10 am

This topic will include ideas on how species may reproduce. This includes the development of the offspring and possible pros and cons. Try to think of as alien reproduction methods as possible.

First off, a beelike species, with 3 abodemens. One would contain the digestive, nervous and immune system, another the endocrine, respiratory and urinary system, and the last-the moment you've all been waiting for-the reproductive system. It can self-fertilize, but it can exchange sperm with other members of its species for diversity. The eggs, once fertilized, grow until the reproductive abdomen burst, not outright killing the parent, but rendering it vulnerable, where it finds a place to stay safe until the reproductive abdomen regenerated. The offspring would then find a rotting body to feed on and call home until they were adults. Pro: it would make speciation easier if it somehow wound up on a island. Con: overpopulation would happen faster, requiring culling of offspring in society, possibly causing unhappiness.

Second a female about the size of a caterpillar and a male the size of a flea. The female would have a growth which, if human-sized, would be the size of a backpack.(wow, I said size a lot.) The male would burrow into this growth and inside the growth would be unfertilized eggs and a point that would kill the female if damaged. The male fertilizes the eggs and grows to the size of a ant. Its reproductive system would be replaced with a venom strong enough to kill a beetle-sized animal. When the eggs hatched, the offspring would be driven by instinct to eat the fatal point. For their entire childhood, they would be eating the corpse of their mother, with the male protecting the body from scavengers. When the offspring are all grown up, the father would have reached the end of its lifespan. No pros or cons.

Portal out!
Back to top Go down
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

Location : The Jurassic Period, fighting an allosaurus using a spear.

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 am

This has been gone over, it will be determined by the player. But more than likely, there will be no self-fertilization.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Fps with rts mechanics    Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:10 am

So when browsing the interwebs I came across this this game called Battle Engine Aquilahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Engine_Aquila it seemed like fun so i tried it out and it blew my mind, The gameplay was supposed to be a genric mech game but was far from it see it had al controled bases like and RTS, but you didn't control these bases the Ai controled them, Well it was a war game with huge scale even though you played the main charter, if you zoomed out ehouge you truely felt like a cog in the war machine.Well my words can't do this game justice , but really check it out it may help.
maybe i'll play some more , this game has impressed me with its scale and variety from huge beach landings with landers and aircraft flying about , to taking down gigantic walkers ,to dog fights involving entire fleets over the ocean. and when you walked around everything was to scale people were people sized no same size where things were huge felt huge . Just WoW the scale of it all , I am serious though scale is very important for a game like Thrive
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Brainstorming   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 am

I think this belongs on the misc. thread, and a dev should move it, and dinoman, I'd recommend looking at the OE CC, internal self-fertilization is possible.

EDIT: Of course if I got something wrong here someone please correct me.
Back to top Go down
Synpho Death
Newcomer

PostSubject: a question about 3d modeling   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:52 pm

hi, i know that you use 3dmax, maya or blender. but i have only cinema 4d...is cinema 4d okay for modeling, or i must give up? i want to help the thrive project...excuse me for my awfull english
Back to top Go down
Omnomnomable

Omnomnomable

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm

If I remember correctly, this is all just concept art. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but it is okay as long as we all can see it. Model to your heart's content. (Also, your English is all right :D)
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 am

This needs to be in misc. thread.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 am

Good focusing on the scaling jimexmore, but I think that is handled in the OE sizing board.

EDIT: Aha! I remembered a question, if players can upload their creations onto an online forum, this one or another, how will these creations be implemented into the game if they are downloaded, or are they just going to be things to look at?
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Good focusing on the scaling jimexmore, but I think that is handled in the OE sizing board.

EDIT: Aha! I remembered a question, if players can upload their creations onto an online forum, this one or another, how will these creations be implemented into the game if they are downloaded, or are they just going to be things to look at?
I mean we have size scales for the ecosystem with 40m animals and stuff, but when am a 1m long bug and am staring down this "super" predator .I must feel it like it couldn't see the tail or maybe hitch a ride,because thats what bugs do.
Back to top Go down
Spacer
Newcomer
Spacer

PostSubject: Adding Earth and a human civilization after the main game is complete   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

I think this idea haven't been proposed, since I searched in the forums and found nothing about it. So, here's my idea: adding the Sol system and a human civilization on it. Of course, first focus on developing the game, which is a priority, but after it, there could be this easter egg.

One thing that I didn't like too much in Spore is that there were no humans. You could find the Sol and Earth, but it was uninhabited and the planet's ecosystem was damaged, probably because of some catastrophe that not only damaged Earth, but also exterminated humanity. Ok, this idea is cool, but I wanted to find a normal human civilization on Earth, so I could ally with them... or destroy them like in the classics.

This human civilization would be like humanity in some 70 years in the future (about in the year of 2080). We would have a pretty advanced space travelling technology, though I don't think we would already have FTL engines.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Spacer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adding Earth and a human civilization after the main game is complete   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm

This has been discussed on the Easter egg thread, and this thread needs to be moved to the misc.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Donno if i would like or hate this idea. Don't think i would be happy to have Earth flying around in the universe always. The game should develop all other worlds with the algorithm. So having Earth would be highly doubtful. Otherwise it would be nice, if we ever reach the state, that the game is in a phase to be a plattform for many other games, aswell first person or other minigames, what would work very will in god mode (endgame), that we have earth avaible with the most known creatures. Possible in the library, that we can drop it then or use specific creatures from there, including the homo sapiens.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adding Earth and a human civilization after the main game is complete   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 pm

The consensus, I think, was that Earth would be there, but it is locked at the beginning of human evolution, and once found will progress like normal. Players can interact with the humans however they want after that.
Back to top Go down
Spacer
Newcomer
Spacer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that there was already other thread. Could you send me a link of it?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adding Earth and a human civilization after the main game is complete   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Uhh, hmm, I can't seem to find it, I'll keep looking and edit my find into this post if I find something resembling what I said.

Aha, I have found it, screw those doubting thoughts in my head! https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t865-easter-eggs-something-to-laugh-at

Y'know, if you want to find something, just read around first, or ask on the misc. thread about what you want to know, and someone can direct you or give a direct answer. I wouldn't recommend my answers though, they're rather long-winded.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Add the Imperium of Mankind
MAKE IT HAPPEN
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 am

Jimexmore wrote:
MAKE IT HAPPEN

That would be awesome, but probably get us in trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am

Inca wrote:
Jimexmore wrote:
MAKE IT HAPPEN

That would be awesome, but probably get us in trouble.
Nonprofit game copyrights protect us
As long as we give credit to game workshop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next