Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Concept Race

Go down 
+48
Lightning_Scarz
ThreeCubed
MirrorMonkey2
Paradox
spacetime_dinosaur
Atrox
Mouthwash
Dalroc
Spacer
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
penumbra espinosa
PortalFan1000
Zeyrock
ethroptur
Immortal_Dragon
EnergyKnife
Jimexmore
Thriving Cheese
WilliamstheJohn
WJacobC
Secondkingstons
untrustedlife
Jiko
CoolGuyChris
NickTheNick
nziswat
Rorsten594
Armok: God of Blood
Raptorstorm
Juodvarnis
Oliveriver
MitochondriaBox
tklarenb
specialk2121
Mysterious_Calligrapher
PCaddict
Poisson
Nega1911
Albalrogue
~sciocont
Commander Keen
The Uteen
Pezzalis
US_of_Alaska
GamerXA
Xenopologist
Brown Spotted Kiwi
Tenebrarum
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Raptorstorm
Newcomer
Raptorstorm

Concept Race - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Here's mine. I had an entire Belgumming history wirtten out for these guys, but noone would want to read it, so here you go.

Here's the png to see them in spore. ( i couldnt post a link because I had to cheat to make it)
Spoiler:
The second download is for a "Clothed" version.

Cuprikag: Reptillian
Diet: Meat, the planet’s equivalent of fish, the citrusy fruits growing on most plants, the stems and roots of some plants, coastal soil.
Personality: Analytical, defensive of self and family honor ( but not to the level of Klingons), looking for ways to improve self-making skills(making things, tools, clothes, anything).
Evolution: Strong skeleton, three optical viewports(eyes), evolved claws on feet to dig into soil for digging and climbing, orange- yellow hide(camouflage on home planet), strong scales on backs for defense, their central eye sees in infravision, while the side eyes see in regular vision.
Technology: Late-Industrial Era technology, high specialization in biology and mining for the planet’s rich minerals. No gunpowder.
Religion: Religion is seldom practiced, save for a few sects of Pastafarianism, and a few idividuals who beleive they heard messages from a "Uteen Citadel", but they are most likely just mad.

The Planet:
Spoiler:

A brief history:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Quote :
a few idividuals who beleive they heard messages from a "Uteen Citadel", but they are most likely just mad.
Where is Uteen so he can come laugh at this?

I've a little concept species of my own, pictured in our forum background.

The animal is about 30 cm long and lives on the largest moon of a gas giant. The moon's gravity is about 75% that of Earth's, and most of the surface is underwater at some point during the day due to the huge tides that roll across its surface. This means that about 50% of the body's surface is an intertidal zone, and much of it is covered in a hot tidal forest, which receives less light from its red dwarf star than the Earth does from the sun. This means photosynthetic organisms are not as prevalent, while sessile feeding animals are the primary ground covering, wherever the surface is rough enough to provide them a firm attachment. Most of the heat on the moon comes from tidal forces, and there are some spots where the outer crust is thin enough that the incoming tide will boil as it moves across it. The atmosphere on the moon is about twice as dense as that of Earth, which, combined with low gravity, explains how this relatively large animal is able to get airborne on a pair of insect-like wings.

These flying creatures live in lion-like patriarchal packs and scavenge through the environment for trapped organisms at low tide. They return with their loot to high ground during the cyclical swells to eat and rear their aquatic, tadpole-like larvae, which are born in clutches of three to four.

Though ostensibly similar to a reptile, the anatomy of these animals can be likened more to an arthropod. They have mineral-reinforced chitin bones, and their skin is made of chitin scales, which are shed individually as they wear out. The branching structure of the animals' limbs hearken back to their aquatic ancestors, which had branched fins of a similar structure. The wings of the animal are modified dorsal gills, and its four eyes allow it to view beneath for food and above for predators.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Quote :
a few idividuals who beleive they heard messages from a "Uteen Citadel", but they are most likely just mad.
I'm mostly skimming this thread, so unfortunately I missed it the first time.

If they think they're receiving messages from the citadel, they probably are mad: The Ultimate All-Powerful Mythical Uteen Citadel only uses hyperdimensional transitional hypothetical message-o-mats after the terrible mishap during an English voice-recognition test caused the Citadel to unintentionally send a Welsh bus-driver a massage, who proceeded to admit himself to a lunatic asylum.
Back to top Go down
Juodvarnis
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 am

U'gar'z
Spoiler:
Creature's biology- it's body is covered by rock-like armor plates, that serves both as active defense from powerful blows, but also doubles as a possible camouflage. Creature itself moves slowly, even though it's not large, smaller than a human, it is, however, much heavier and most of the time walks either on all four or extremely hunched over. The creature lacks eyes or any other visible receptor organs. It feels it's surroundings using something akin to echolocation using extremely high pitched, static-like noise.

Society- U'gar'z lives in mountainous regions of it's home planet. Lives in cities, similar to those of human ones, except most of them are build underground for protection against the violent sandstorms that raze the planet's surface. Philosophically, they're very slow, deliberate always thinking twice before doing anything, overall they're peaceful, rarely entering violent engagements.

Planet- Very dry, covered in deserts. With very little water on the surface, most of the planet's water supply is underground.
Back to top Go down
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Juodvarnis wrote:
-snip-
So... how does it acquire energy? Or reproduce, for that matter?
Back to top Go down
Juodvarnis
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 pm

AlexaiZ wrote:
Juodvarnis wrote:
-snip-
Acquire energy, eh, by eating. Let's imagine it has insect like mouth on the bottom of the head.

Reproduce by laying eggs that look like rocks?

I mean the creature itself isn't made completely from rock, it's like an insect, but the shell isn't from chitin
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 pm

The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Quote :
I'm mostly skimming this thread, so unfortunately I missed it the first time.

If they think they're receiving messages from the citadel, they probably are mad: The Ultimate All-Powerful Mythical Uteen Citadel only uses hyperdimensional transitional hypothetical message-o-mats after the terrible mishap during an English voice-recognition test caused the Citadel to unintentionally send a Welsh bus-driver a massage, who proceeded to admit himself to a lunatic asylum.

... What?

Anyway, here's a Microbe Stage one, since users submitting these would be good for showing what you understand of the Microbe Stage.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 am

Juodvarnis wrote:
AlexaiZ wrote:
Juodvarnis wrote:
-snip-
Acquire energy, eh, by eating. Let's imagine it has insect like mouth on the bottom of the head.

Reproduce by laying eggs that look like rocks?

I mean the creature itself isn't made completely from rock, it's like an insect, but the shell isn't from chitin
Oh, it looked like a stone golem to me. Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 am

Oliveriver wrote:
How's this for a concept race?

Spoiler:
that planet sounds like kerbin from ksp also its a great idea
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 pm

I really like what pezz did with the "Future Let's Play" sorta thing. So i think i'm just gonna copy him a little.

Part 1, Cells ahoy!
Spoiler:

Part 2, Attacked, Multicelled!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 am

nziswat wrote:
I really like what pezz did with the "Future Let's Play" sorta thing. So i think i'm just gonna copy him a little.

Part 1, Cells ahoy!
Spoiler:

Part 2, Attacked, Multicelled!
Spoiler:

Hmm, our microbe stage concepts are pretty different. However, you don't evolve by clicking on attributes, you add stuff to your cell, such as adding a flagella instead of clicking on the "improve speed" button. Not to mention that the microbe and organism editors are separate. Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that you evolve to the multicellular stage by bonding with a different microorganism, I was told by the developers themselves that you evolve to it once you unlock the "gluer" part in the editor and press a button that adds another cell to your organism. The gluer part and the "add cell" button go hand in hand.

You said something about not needing to worry about hunger when the other cells came. You can only eat other cells when you assimilate eaters (from what I've heard). You didn't even mention assimilation. Light-eaters won't be available until more microbe biomes are added, so you might as well be disappointed when the game first comes out if you want to be a plant.

And at the end, you're saying that players won't even be able to choose when to go to the multicellular stage. Choosing when you want to transion is something even Spore got right, so please don't go and limit players' options.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 am

[quote="MitochondriaBox"]
nziswat wrote:
snippy snippy

Hmm, our microbe stage concepts are pretty different. However, you don't evolve by clicking on attributes, you add stuff to your cell, such as adding a flagella instead of clicking on the "improve speed" button. Not to mention that the microbe and organism editors are separate. Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that you evolve to the multicellular stage by bonding with a different microorganism, I was told by the developers themselves that you evolve to it once you unlock the "gluer" part in the editor and press a button that adds another cell to your organism. The gluer part and the "add cell" button go hand in hand.

You said something about not needing to worry about hunger when the other cells came. You can only eat other cells when you assimilate eaters (from what I've heard). You didn't even mention assimilation. Light-eaters won't be available until more microbe biomes are added, so you might as well be disappointed when the game first comes out if you want to be a plant.

And at the end, you're saying that players won't even be able to choose when to go to the multicellular stage. Choosing when you want to transion is something even Spore got right, so please don't go and limit players' options.
Thanks for clearing that up.I wasn't too sure about the glue thing but it was 11pm so i didn't bother to check. For adding parts instead of sliders i read that it would be a mix of both (Ex. Lung capacity 50%-80% but adding more muscle.) also for the eating part, i went out on 2 limbs and my Belgium-sack so i was mostly guessing i started as a eater.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm

MitochondriaBox wrote:

Its his concept, don't be so hard on him. He's not imposing it on anybody.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks Nick,

Part 3, First blood.
Spoiler:
Part 4, I got crabs!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 pm

nziswat wrote:
Part 3, First blood.

BBC Walking With Dinosaurs reference?
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
MitochondriaBox wrote:

Its his concept, don't be so hard on him. He's not imposing it on anybody.

Ok, ok. I was trying to make a few "corrections", but I suppose I went too far.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
nziswat wrote:
Part 3, First blood.

BBC Walking With Dinosaurs reference?
Hahaha I Just realized that. But no it's not.
So how do you like it?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 am

Ive only had time to skim over it so far, I'll check it out more in depth later.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Part 5, It must be Thursday.
Spoiler:
Only one because I felt like it
Back to top Go down
CoolGuyChris
Newcomer
CoolGuyChris

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I kinda want to try this out...

Here's a few of my ideas for a few races encountered in the game in Space Stage;

Number 1
Spoiler:

Number 2
Spoiler:

I might work on more some other time. Are these good, or at least decent? I don't know, but they're ideas I just had in my head.

Back to top Go down
Jiko
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:50 am

A race I designed for a fantasy setting but i think it fits thrive aswell...
Also I added another race to expand the lore.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jiko on Mon May 27, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:07 am

Very good, I feel this thread needs to be more active.

We have to make sure gravity affects evolution. I'll tell the others.

Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

untrustedlife wrote:
Very good, I feel this thread needs to be more active.

We have to make sure gravity affects evolution. I'll tell the others.

We already have that down.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:03 am

It didnt seem like it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Secondkingstons
Newcomer
Secondkingstons

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

Hello guys! This is a first post for me on this forums, however I have been stalking these forums for about two weeks after I head about this project. Being a fan of spore (and an overall Science Fiction fan) this project really hooked me on the first day. 

Anyways, I decided to write a short description on a species that Thrive inspired me to write about. Warning! I wrote quite the wall of text here, so please forgive me :lol:.
Spoiler:
I would've went more into detail with this species, but I felt lazy today. I'm not very smart when it comes to evolutionary stuff *still quite young, hehe*, so some of my ideas may seem a bit far-fetched to you geniuses out there. Oh and the Horkuran Divine Council is the ruling force of that section of the galaxy. I write some short stories about the Horkura. I also to a bit of drawing, but I don't think some of my works deserve to be in such a talented community. I just can't wait for the game to come out, and I admire and applaud to all those who have contributed to the project with the many interesting ideas, suggestions, and concepts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concept Race
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next