Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Concept Race - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Concept Race

Go down 
+48
Lightning_Scarz
ThreeCubed
MirrorMonkey2
Paradox
spacetime_dinosaur
Atrox
Mouthwash
Dalroc
Spacer
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
penumbra espinosa
PortalFan1000
Zeyrock
ethroptur
Immortal_Dragon
EnergyKnife
Jimexmore
Thriving Cheese
WilliamstheJohn
WJacobC
Secondkingstons
untrustedlife
Jiko
CoolGuyChris
NickTheNick
nziswat
Rorsten594
Armok: God of Blood
Raptorstorm
Juodvarnis
Oliveriver
MitochondriaBox
tklarenb
specialk2121
Mysterious_Calligrapher
PCaddict
Poisson
Nega1911
Albalrogue
~sciocont
Commander Keen
The Uteen
Pezzalis
US_of_Alaska
GamerXA
Xenopologist
Brown Spotted Kiwi
Tenebrarum
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

Concept Race - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 am

nziswat wrote:
I really like what pezz did with the "Future Let's Play" sorta thing. So i think i'm just gonna copy him a little.

Part 1, Cells ahoy!
Spoiler:

Part 2, Attacked, Multicelled!
Spoiler:

Hmm, our microbe stage concepts are pretty different. However, you don't evolve by clicking on attributes, you add stuff to your cell, such as adding a flagella instead of clicking on the "improve speed" button. Not to mention that the microbe and organism editors are separate. Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that you evolve to the multicellular stage by bonding with a different microorganism, I was told by the developers themselves that you evolve to it once you unlock the "gluer" part in the editor and press a button that adds another cell to your organism. The gluer part and the "add cell" button go hand in hand.

You said something about not needing to worry about hunger when the other cells came. You can only eat other cells when you assimilate eaters (from what I've heard). You didn't even mention assimilation. Light-eaters won't be available until more microbe biomes are added, so you might as well be disappointed when the game first comes out if you want to be a plant.

And at the end, you're saying that players won't even be able to choose when to go to the multicellular stage. Choosing when you want to transion is something even Spore got right, so please don't go and limit players' options.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 am

[quote="MitochondriaBox"]
nziswat wrote:
snippy snippy

Hmm, our microbe stage concepts are pretty different. However, you don't evolve by clicking on attributes, you add stuff to your cell, such as adding a flagella instead of clicking on the "improve speed" button. Not to mention that the microbe and organism editors are separate. Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that you evolve to the multicellular stage by bonding with a different microorganism, I was told by the developers themselves that you evolve to it once you unlock the "gluer" part in the editor and press a button that adds another cell to your organism. The gluer part and the "add cell" button go hand in hand.

You said something about not needing to worry about hunger when the other cells came. You can only eat other cells when you assimilate eaters (from what I've heard). You didn't even mention assimilation. Light-eaters won't be available until more microbe biomes are added, so you might as well be disappointed when the game first comes out if you want to be a plant.

And at the end, you're saying that players won't even be able to choose when to go to the multicellular stage. Choosing when you want to transion is something even Spore got right, so please don't go and limit players' options.
Thanks for clearing that up.I wasn't too sure about the glue thing but it was 11pm so i didn't bother to check. For adding parts instead of sliders i read that it would be a mix of both (Ex. Lung capacity 50%-80% but adding more muscle.) also for the eating part, i went out on 2 limbs and my Belgium-sack so i was mostly guessing i started as a eater.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm

MitochondriaBox wrote:

Its his concept, don't be so hard on him. He's not imposing it on anybody.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks Nick,

Part 3, First blood.
Spoiler:
Part 4, I got crabs!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 pm

nziswat wrote:
Part 3, First blood.

BBC Walking With Dinosaurs reference?
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
MitochondriaBox wrote:

Its his concept, don't be so hard on him. He's not imposing it on anybody.

Ok, ok. I was trying to make a few "corrections", but I suppose I went too far.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
nziswat wrote:
Part 3, First blood.

BBC Walking With Dinosaurs reference?
Hahaha I Just realized that. But no it's not.
So how do you like it?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 am

Ive only had time to skim over it so far, I'll check it out more in depth later.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Part 5, It must be Thursday.
Spoiler:
Only one because I felt like it
Back to top Go down
CoolGuyChris
Newcomer
CoolGuyChris

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I kinda want to try this out...

Here's a few of my ideas for a few races encountered in the game in Space Stage;

Number 1
Spoiler:

Number 2
Spoiler:

I might work on more some other time. Are these good, or at least decent? I don't know, but they're ideas I just had in my head.

Back to top Go down
Jiko
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:50 am

A race I designed for a fantasy setting but i think it fits thrive aswell...
Also I added another race to expand the lore.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jiko on Mon May 27, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:07 am

Very good, I feel this thread needs to be more active.

We have to make sure gravity affects evolution. I'll tell the others.

Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

untrustedlife wrote:
Very good, I feel this thread needs to be more active.

We have to make sure gravity affects evolution. I'll tell the others.

We already have that down.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:03 am

It didnt seem like it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Secondkingstons
Newcomer
Secondkingstons

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

Hello guys! This is a first post for me on this forums, however I have been stalking these forums for about two weeks after I head about this project. Being a fan of spore (and an overall Science Fiction fan) this project really hooked me on the first day. 

Anyways, I decided to write a short description on a species that Thrive inspired me to write about. Warning! I wrote quite the wall of text here, so please forgive me :lol:.
Spoiler:
I would've went more into detail with this species, but I felt lazy today. I'm not very smart when it comes to evolutionary stuff *still quite young, hehe*, so some of my ideas may seem a bit far-fetched to you geniuses out there. Oh and the Horkuran Divine Council is the ruling force of that section of the galaxy. I write some short stories about the Horkura. I also to a bit of drawing, but I don't think some of my works deserve to be in such a talented community. I just can't wait for the game to come out, and I admire and applaud to all those who have contributed to the project with the many interesting ideas, suggestions, and concepts!
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:05 am

Nice post: well written, interesting, and in the right thread. Hea.d over to the welcome section and introduce yourself.

OT- woah woah we woah Forummotion, changing up the GUI on us. Looks a lot nicer, and there's no useless emoticon hoard taking up a quarter of the page.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Thank goodness for removing that emoticon wall. My iPad would lag to death trying to display all those gifs (pronounced 'gif' as in 'gift' 'jif' as in the peanut butter by the way).

On the other hand, great post secondkingstons! Welcome to Thrive

Fixed by ~sciocont.
Fixed by WJacobC

Last edited by WJacobC on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Secondkingstons wrote:
Hello guys! This is a first post for me on this forums, however I have been stalking these forums for about two weeks after I head about this project. Being a fan of spore (and an overall Science Fiction fan) this project really hooked me on the first day. 

Anyways, I decided to write a short description on a species that Thrive inspired me to write about. Warning! I wrote quite the wall of text here, so please forgive me :lol:.
Spoiler:
I would've went more into detail with this species, but I felt lazy today. I'm not very smart when it comes to evolutionary stuff *still quite young, hehe*, so some of my ideas may seem a bit far-fetched to you geniuses out there. Oh and the Horkuran Divine Council is the ruling force of that section of the galaxy. I write some short stories about the Horkura. I also to a bit of drawing, but I don't think some of my works deserve to be in such a talented community. I just can't wait for the game to come out, and I admire and applaud to all those who have contributed to the project with the many interesting ideas, suggestions, and concepts!
Very nice!
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 pm

~scio, you cheeky bugger We can't let this debate continue, it'll tear the team apart
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

WJacobC wrote:
~scio, you cheeky bugger ;)We can't let this debate continue, it'll tear the team apart
What debate?
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

The pronunciation of the Graphial Interchange Format of images. I say it's pronounced ''jif' as in the peanut butter, and ~scio says it's 'gif' as in 'gift'. The creator of the format says it's 'jif', but most pronounce it 'gif', so it's a fun, pointless little debate.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:08 pm

The Ponedon are Well for the lack of a better word,ship builders and engineers.They are short in stature stand only up to the waist of a tall human male They resemble earth's own Equus ferus caballus live in a solar system similar to Earth's.They have after being recognized to the galactic community Have built almost all of the bigger warships keeping
The biggest for them selves. Their pride and joy ,the Dinkalon super dreadnought, thus proving them capable engineers. The Ponedon Live in a Monarchy ruled by a queen and her advisers but have three classes of working beings;The "Ponedon of the land: farmers and most merchants they dissipate being the hardest class are still the lowest and are reminded of so; the "Ponedon of the sky o,El Gurta, are the self reliant class being able to seemingly walk on "clouds" and the fastest of all four Ponedon classes It is unknown how the El Gurta are able to walk on clouds but some speculate that their muscle and bone structure is lighter than others; the stongest and most tech reliant The "Ponedon of the Energy" or ,unidon, they are the glue and bones and tendons that hold this race together the relie on robotics to build their ships and weapons but such unidon are rare thats why it's costs so much to build a ship while not even having hands of sorts. 

Ponedon are when compared to the other galactic races almost harmless they rather bake
sweets and garden or play with friends instead of fighting or killing. They believe in the power of "friendship" a seemingly powerful field produced from all ponedon which powers the novablaster a weapon used on the Dinklon But they rather curl up with loved ones and friends.They view all species as friends they loved to be held and hugged the basically treated nice.

The Ponedon when fighting use a lot of treats if they can't passively the aggressor with sweets and being nice and kind they'll blow him up with "friendship" which is guaranteed to make the aggressor kinder if not Novacannon. It has become a joke to the Galactic Consul "if you see a ponedon running at you with a weapon,hug it" Because hugs make Ponedon forget what they were doing thus making them easier to fight (implying you'll want to fight it after you hug it)
Back to top Go down
EnergyKnife
Newcomer
EnergyKnife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:06 pm

I decided to have a little go at creating one of these concept species, called the Inox. There is a lot of text in the spoiler, so be wary. 

Inox:
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 am

I like it! :D
Back to top Go down
EnergyKnife
Newcomer
EnergyKnife

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks WilliamstheJohn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept Race   Concept Race - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concept Race
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next