Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Unlocking God Mode

Go down 
+17
roadkillguy
maker.of.light
S. Scott
eumesmo
Falthron
Commander Keen
YourBreakfast
GamerXA
DragonEye4
Bashinerox
Waap
The Uteen
Poisson
Invader
~sciocont
Brown Spotted Kiwi
US_of_Alaska
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should God Tools be accessible through other games after unlocking them once?
Yes
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c49%Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c
 49% [ 18 ]
No
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c35%Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c
 35% [ 13 ]
Other (post)
Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c16%Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c
 16% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
GamerXA
Regular
GamerXA

Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 pm

I also agree with this.

Once the player researches Ascension, they unlock God-Mode and could go anywhere in the Universe in God-Mode, but only in that save game.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:53 am

YourBreakfast wrote:
US_of_Alaska wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
I don't know how I feel about getting to use god tools in any save... even if your godly race has accomplished ascension, you aren't playing as them if you're on another save. Why would you be able to summon your other save?
My thoughts exactly. And i mean, you can go anywhere in the game universe and do anything to it that you want in your God Game. Why do you need to muck around with your non-god one anyways?

I agree with this too. I don't like how all my others saves can be influenced by large progression in just one save.
What if they want to use god mode from the beginning, to shape the species evolution in ways they cannot otherwise? That is what I wanted godmode for.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 am

DragonEye4 wrote:
What if they want to use god mode from the beginning, to shape the species evolution in ways they cannot otherwise? That is what I wanted godmode for.
You can do that in your god save game with another species.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:24 am

What's the Ascension research good for, then?
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:44 am

Commander Keen wrote:
What's the Ascension research good for, then?
If God Mode is changed to God Tools, which the votes say it should be (see OP) then Ascension would just be your people leaving their physical bodies, and becoming immortal.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 am

Yes, I think the beauty of our game is that with God Mode (Tools now...) is that you could just start over with a different planet and have a whole new experience.

Also guys, I think we have another little problem. What are the limits of God Mode? I mean pre-Ascension is okay since you don't actually have the God Tools, but when you do get the and start to make a new species of evolution in the galaxy, what are the limits? I'm guessing there is none, which would appeal to God players, but then that kinda means you can cheat from there on out, as in, being able to destroy your enemies a click of a button.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm

YourBreakfast wrote:
Yes, I think the beauty of our game is that with God Mode (Tools now...) is that you could just start over with a different planet and have a whole new experience.

Also guys, I think we have another little problem. What are the limits of God Mode? I mean pre-Ascension is okay since you don't actually have the God Tools, but when you do get the and start to make a new species of evolution in the galaxy, what are the limits? I'm guessing there is none, which would appeal to God players, but then that kinda means you can cheat from there on out, as in, being able to destroy your enemies a click of a button.

I was talking about that earlier. It could pose a problem.
Back to top Go down
GamerXA
Regular
GamerXA

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:01 pm

What I'm getting from this discussion is that you unlock the God-Tools individually in segments, and when you research Ascension you can move about freely without limit. If you want to manipulate a new species you can just find a planet with life or create one. But you can't use God-Mode in another game, but you can find that game in the God-Mode Game and give them the Tools or interact with them.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:05 pm

GamerXA wrote:
What I'm getting from this discussion is that you unlock the God-Tools individually in segments, and when you research Ascension you can move about freely without limit. If you want to manipulate a new species you can just find a planet with life or create one. But you can't use God-Mode in another game, but you can find that game in the God-Mode Game and give them the Tools or interact with them.
Me and you think the same, Gamer. And, YB and Zim, why does it matter if they can eliminate their enemies at will? They hae god tools! That's what they're for. They've played through the game, now it's time for some straight out sandbox fun.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:27 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
GamerXA wrote:
Me and you think the same, Gamer. And, YB and Zim, why does it matter if they can eliminate their enemies at will? They hae god tools! That's what they're for. They've played through the game, now it's time for some straight out sandbox fun.

Yeah, but you see, when I replay a game, I expect a challenge again. I mean, just having those tools there would ruin it for me. I can't tell you how many Sims saves have been destroyed by my need to type "Motherlode" into the cheat console (it's a cheat code that instantly gives your household fifty thousand dollars).
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:45 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
You can do that in your god save game with another species.
But you would still have to manage your old species.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 am

InvaderZim wrote:
Yeah, but you see, when I replay a game, I expect a challenge again. I mean, just having those tools there would ruin it for me. I can't tell you how many Sims saves have been destroyed by my need to type "Motherlode" into the cheat console (it's a cheat code that instantly gives your household fifty thousand dollars).
Okay, obviously where i stand isn't obvious enough. I believe that God Tools should be available only in the game that they were unlocked in, but any species can be taken control of in that game. Therefore, Zim, if you want to replay the game you'll make another game universe and it won't have God Tools accessible. Sound good?

@DragonEye: Only if they haven't researched Ascension and bailed from the physical universe.
Back to top Go down
Falthron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:53 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Okay, obviously where i stand isn't obvious enough. I believe that God Tools should be available only in the game that they were unlocked in, but any species can be taken control of in that game. Therefore, Zim, if you want to replay the game you'll make another game universe and it won't have God Tools accessible. Sound good?

@DragonEye: Only if they haven't researched Ascension and bailed from the physical universe.

From what I am hearing from the data storage from galaxy could be up to 10 gig per galaxy. D we really want to have multiple universes. Tat coul take loads of space on your comp
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 am

Hmmm.... Okay, I agree with the God Tools being able to destroy enemies and such, but can we please have the enemies on a harder difficulty scale? And maybe a good bit resitent to the God Tools? Then that would add a bit of challenge to the God Mode aswell.

So now we're saying "You've finally discovered all God Tools, but enemies are learning your ways and have built better defences, you'll need to use Org, Strat and God Mode now to defeat them!"

Or something similar.

I think it would be really crappy game design if now your enemies will just be a nuisance that you can crush in a click. But with my proposal, God players can still have their sandbox, but have a little difficulty towards it too.
Back to top Go down
Poisson
Regular
Poisson

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:52 pm

YourBreakfast wrote:
Hmmm.... Okay, I agree with the God Tools being able to destroy enemies and such, but can we please have the enemies on a harder difficulty scale? And maybe a good bit resitent to the God Tools? Then that would add a bit of challenge to the God Mode aswell.

So now we're saying "You've finally discovered all God Tools, but enemies are learning your ways and have built better defences, you'll need to use Org, Strat and God Mode now to defeat them!"

Or something similar.

I think it would be really crappy game design if now your enemies will just be a nuisance that you can crush in a click. But with my proposal, God players can still have their sandbox, but have a little difficulty towards it too.
But that's the point of god mode. You have no limits. If you wanted to destroy an enemy with the click of the mouse you could. It's unbalanced because you are more powerful.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Poisson wrote:
But that's the point of god mode. You have no limits. If you wanted to destroy an enemy with the click of the mouse you could. It's unbalanced because you are more powerful.
Exactly. The God Tools should not be a challenge. It is the sandbox end of the game. Do whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. If you don't like that, don't play with the God Tools.

@Falthron: That's a good question... If we do only have one game universe, with multiple saves located in the same galaxy, then God Tools should only be allowed through your God save game. Well, that's what i think anyways.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:22 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:

Sounds alright.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 pm

If you think about it, starting a second species in a game and starting a new game are basically the same thing. We need to have only one game universe/galaxy for complexity reasons, so why not make everything in one save?
That sounds good for complexity reasons, but i know you guys want different levels of difficulty, so that means we need different saves, right?
I don't think so- you see, one of the God mode features could be simply changing difficulty, or hiding the god tools when in control of a certain species. Once a player has completed the game (meaning unlocked all god tools) they should be able to chose for themselves- the universe is now their sandbox.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 am

~sciocont wrote:
If you think about it, starting a second species in a game and starting a new game are basically the same thing. We need to have only one game universe/galaxy for complexity reasons, so why not make everything in one save?
That sounds good for complexity reasons, but i know you guys want different levels of difficulty, so that means we need different saves, right?
I don't think so- you see, one of the God mode features could be simply changing difficulty, or hiding the god tools when in control of a certain species. Once a player has completed the game (meaning unlocked all god tools) they should be able to chose for themselves- the universe is now their sandbox.

Ah good idea. Each planet can act as a new save file and new experience. And if God Mode is too easy, you're able to change the difficulty at any time. (Like Fallout 3, except you don't get Exp).
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am

Hooray, someone agrees.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:11 pm

I think we can agree that all save games need to be in the same universe, to save our computers.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

~sciocont wrote:

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:50 pm

So my idea is pretty good?
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:22 am

~sciocont wrote:
Yes, Scio. You can sleep tonight with confirmation that you think well.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Yes, Scio. You can sleep tonight with confirmation that you think well.
Wish I'd gotten that last night.

What else do we need to work on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking God Mode   Unlocking God Mode - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unlocking God Mode
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next