Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+93
JoseAAV
Disastericks
Secondkingstons
EnergyKnife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Grimm Reaper
Atrox
Xazo-Tak
HariboTer
Naevius
jay sheddan
Im a Peanut
Tritium
Tarpy
Narnobie123
Gawbad
Nimbal
Thriving Cheese
WJacobC
FunnyGames
PerfectOrganismil
TheSmart_1
Dilophoraptor
untrustedlife
BioMike
energypro
RodGame
protoast
Cobalt58
jman12351
Sundu
ExtraSolar
Dumb_person69
spacetime_dinosaur
Oliveriver
Calfeggs
NikolaAnicic007
MitochondriaBox
Tré Wisemen
SmartGenius
ComradeDoc
THRIVE
thrivepedia
beachbum111111
WilliamstheJohn
ingaborgasaurus
Raptorstorm
alduin2013
decelis93
Noone
gvd72
Jopetsu
Daniferrito
M3rox
Rorsten594
roadkillguy
Silver Sterling
Carnifex
Seregon
PREDAL1ENWARRIOR
GamerXA
Brennus
nziswat
PHILmg
NickTheNick
wwewar
ethroptur
Orygandian2
penumbra espinosa
Pezzalis
zippybomb
jmc-24
Holomanga
MeowMan1
Kraeken
Crimsonspawn
Hegataro
Theusfilipe
PTFace
Doggit
Sgt. Lost Time
US_of_Alaska
Admiral Van Tromp
ido66667
D4RK_VOID
bill2505
Dr_Chillgood
Tenebrarum
Army-Lion
Mysterious_Calligrapher
~sciocont
The Uteen
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Thx for the fast answers.

Quote :
About Grahpics, I think that we will talk about it few years in the future... Programing is not magic, It is slow, Hard, ect.
Yes, thats indeed the reason i was asking the question. Well we will see what the future brings, then. (Hopefully not in a to far away one.)

Quote :
No psychics, sorry.
Hmm, indeed i understand why it will be cutted out. Something like this could become a bit difficult to balance. Eventually somebody can mod some kind of invisible hands in, which will act like normal hands without animation or something visible. this would do the same job then and wouldn't destroy the balancing then.

So keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:16 am

Silver Sterling wrote:
Thx for the fast answers.

Quote :
About Grahpics, I think that we will talk about it few years in the future... Programing is not magic, It is slow, Hard, ect.
Yes, thats indeed the reason i was asking the question. Well we will see what the future brings, then. (Hopefully not in a to far away one.)

Quote :
No psychics, sorry.
Hmm, indeed i understand why it will be cutted out. Something like this could become a bit difficult to balance. Eventually somebody can mod some kind of invisible hands in, which will act like normal hands without animation or something visible. this would do the same job then and wouldn't destroy the balancing then.

So keep up the good work.

BTW, We are centered on science, Exept god tools and some parts of the space stage, Not sure if people will agree with Invisible hands.
And... Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am

ido66667 wrote:
BTW, We are centered on science, Exept god tools and some parts of the space stage, Not sure if people will agree with Invisible hands.
Invisible hand will be a easy way to implement telekinetic and keep the balance, because such a species woudn't have any benefits to other species with real hands and woudn't become the dominant species automaticly. Woudn't even know if i would want to balance something other as this simple sort of telekinetic for my favorite species, because to balance it for every of them on its own and make 100 subspecies for it would be a pain for some of our pleasant neighbors. ;D
But indeed it could grow out if "hand". So a option to restrict them for manuel editing would be nice, for the case that somebody doesn't want to have them ingame (If it comes at a mod it would be also nice to have such an option). I would be glad to see it in the final game already, but a mod would do the same job and should work aswell.
But would be indeed nice to hear what other peoples would think about this idea of such a version of telekinetic.

And thx for the welcome

PS: And sry about asking the question about the grafic. After i managed to get tough many parts of the forum i noticed that this has already been asked and now i am more up to date what seems to be planed. Huge plans, but if this works, i think other game developers could get in huge trouble. ^^
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
Invisible hand will be a easy way to implement telekinetic and keep the balance, because such a species woudn't have any benefits to other species with real hands and woudn't become the dominant species automaticly. Woudn't even know if i would want to balance something other as this simple sort of telekinetic for my favorite species, because to balance it for every of them on its own and make 100 subspecies for it would be a pain for some of our pleasant neighbors. ;D
But indeed it could grow out if "hand". So a option to restrict them for manuel editing would be nice, for the case that somebody doesn't want to have them ingame (If it comes at a mod it would be also nice to have such an option). I would be glad to see it in the final game already, but a mod would do the same job and should work aswell.
But would be indeed nice to hear what other peoples would think about this idea of such a version of telekinetic.

And thx for the welcome

PS: And sry about asking the question about the grafic. After i managed to get tough many parts of the forum i noticed that this has already been asked and now i am more up to date what seems to be planed. Huge plans, but if this works, i think other game developers could get in huge trouble. ^^

Np, For the welcome, And no need to be sorry for asking, I was a bit grumpy, At the time.
Well, After we will finish the game (If we ever will.) A mod would be easy to make, Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand, An In Invisible hand, Also, Why one would like to make a hand less species, If he don't want challenge?
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 pm

ido66667 wrote:
Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:

And thx for the welcome

Np, For the welcome, And no need to be sorry for asking, I was a bit grumpy, At the time.
Well, After we will finish the game (If we ever will.) A mod would be easy to make, Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand, An In Invisible hand, Also, Why one would like to make a hand less species, If he don't want challenge?

An invisible arm/hand would be the most basic way to include telekinesis, but that ability isn't realistic or a benefit to gameplay, and so won't get included in the main game. However, if a coder wanted to made a mod for this (or anything), that would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

ido66667 wrote:
And no need to be sorry for asking
Oh well i was browsing the forums a bit more and run over the "Visual" section, where i found some threads where it was asked very visible, multiple times. So i tought i should apologize. ^^

ido66667 wrote:
Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand, An In Invisible hand, Also, Why one would like to make a hand less species, If he don't want challenge?
Well my actual plans for a species are visible as my avatar picture already. ;D
The plans are ponies with 4 subspecies:
First one without horn and wings. (Erdpony)
The second one with wings, who are able to fly. (Pegasus)
And the third one should get a horn, who make them able to use telekinetic with it. (Unicorn)
The forth are the Alicorns, who are very rare and have wings and horn. (Royal ones)

Ok, looking on the brony community it's not likely, that i will be the first who try such a species. Even because i plan to first get the god mode unlocked to have more options of controlling the species and i don't plan it for the Campain mode. And so ugly my creatues in Spore where, i will have to practice a lot for it. ^^

The only question is, how many invisible arms and hands do they need for it? Think at least one, for more complex working, if the numbers of the hands will be counted. A single hand could be a bit difficult to handle very complex actions to well. Donno how the game will simulate this in a more specific state.

The Uteen wrote:
A mod would be easy to make, Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand,
ido66667 wrote:
An invisible arm/hand would be the most basic way to include telekinesis, but that ability isn't realistic or a benefit to gameplay, and so won't get included in the main game. However, if a coder wanted to made a mod for this (or anything), that would be fine. Wink
I think a mod like this will be out even before i got the chance to try at this race. Ok, if not i have to try it myself. So i am not a good coder anyway and donno about the coding and how such thing will be implemented, but changing the name, make the hand and arms invisible and add it with the same attributes shouldn't be so difficult. ^^

Well creating a real telekinetic mod would be a bit more difficult, because it has to prevent such a species to become to strong and has to be balanced very well. But because this game seems to be a big modding platform aswell its most likely this will come also into the game. earlier or later. But well this doesn't hurry and i will be fully happy when i get the invisible hands ^^
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
And no need to be sorry for asking
Oh well i was browsing the forums a bit more and run over the "Visual" section, where i found some threads where it was asked very visible, multiple times. So i tought i should apologize. ^^

ido66667 wrote:
Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand, An In Invisible hand, Also, Why one would like to make a hand less species, If he don't want challenge?
Well my actual plans for a species are visible as my avatar picture already. ;D
The plans are ponies with 4 subspecies:
First one without horn and wings. (Erdpony)
The second one with wings, who are able to fly. (Pegasus)
And the third one should get a horn, who make them able to use telekinetic with it. (Unicorn)
The forth are the Alicorns, who are very rare and have wings and horn. (Royal ones)

Ok, looking on the brony community it's not likely, that i will be the first who try such a species. Even because i plan to first get the god mode unlocked to have more options of controlling the species and i don't plan it for the Campain mode. And so ugly my creatues in Spore where, i will have to practice a lot for it. ^^

The only question is, how many invisible arms and hands do they need for it? Think at least one, for more complex working, if the numbers of the hands will be counted. A single hand could be a bit difficult to handle very complex actions to well. Donno how the game will simulate this in a more specific state.

The Uteen wrote:
A mod would be easy to make, Cus the Telekinesis would act like a hand,
ido66667 wrote:
An invisible arm/hand would be the most basic way to include telekinesis, but that ability isn't realistic or a benefit to gameplay, and so won't get included in the main game. However, if a coder wanted to made a mod for this (or anything), that would be fine. Wink
I think a mod like this will be out even before i got the chance to try at this race. Ok, if not i have to try it myself. So i am not a good coder anyway and donno about the coding and how such thing will be implemented, but changing the name, make the hand and arms invisible and add it with the same attributes shouldn't be so difficult. ^^

Well creating a real telekinetic mod would be a bit more difficult, because it has to prevent such a species to become to strong and has to be balanced very well. But because this game seems to be a big modding platform aswell its most likely this will come also into the game. earlier or later. But well this doesn't hurry and i will be fully happy when i get the invisible hands ^^

First, I will like to say, that makeing these planes is abit to early, The first stage finished will be the mibrobe... sooo...

BTW, I assumed you are a bony, LOL... I noticed your avatar.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:08 pm

ido66667 wrote:
First, I will like to say, that makeing these planes is abit to early, The first stage finished will be the mibrobe... sooo...
Right haven't been tought about this aswell. So we will at least have 2 stages until the creature starts to look like a pony. And i have read that we can define different bones as hand aswell, eventually it would also work, if i make a horn and simply define it as hand. This could eventually also work for the tail and even for the hooves, if they can be hand and foot the same time.

ido66667 wrote:
Its "brony", but well i woudn't count me to much the brony community. I am more a very huge fan of the show and the ponies. At least the G4 ones. Could be one of the reason, that i want to have them modded in every game i can as player character. And would be cool to create them in Thrive aswell.
One of the reason i took also a name who should be pony specific as some technological pony and with a silver (gray) shaped fur. ^^
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:33 am

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
Right haven't been tought about this aswell. So we will at least have 2 stages until the creature starts to look like a pony. And i have read that we can define different bones as hand aswell, eventually it would also work, if i make a horn and simply define it as hand. This could eventually also work for the tail and even for the hooves, if they can be hand and foot the same time.

ido66667 wrote:
Its "brony", but well i woudn't count me to much the brony community. I am more a very huge fan of the show and the ponies. At least the G4 ones. Could be one of the reason, that i want to have them modded in every game i can as player character. And would be cool to create them in Thrive aswell.
One of the reason i took also a name who should be pony specific as some technological pony and with a silver (gray) shaped fur. ^^

I never got the pony thing, But it is still nice to have a pony fan in our humble forum.

Now, about the horn, I think that a simple mod can do that the horn will act like a hand, But with no animation, I mean, For the game itself, The horn will be a hand... The game will be open source, that means that everyone can make their own mods, I am not sure what will be the licence, But it will not have a lot of impect on players... I don't think things like that will be in the base game itself, but who knows, too early to say.

BTW, I would advise you to make a welcome thread, so other people could get to know you, exept me.
Also, we have a lovely IRC, so you can visit, on the portal, there is a web IRC client, also, You can download you own client (I Advise "Xchat"), Me and carnifex are there sometimes, We use his BNC ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNC_(software) ), So, if we are with our way nick, that means we are not there.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am

ido66667 wrote:
Now, about the horn, I think that a simple mod can do that the horn will act like a hand, But with no animation, I mean, For the game itself, The horn will be a hand... The game will be open source, that means that everyone can make their own mods, I am not sure what will be the licence, But it will not have a lot of impect on players... I don't think things like that will be in the base game itself, but who knows, too early to say.
Yes, it will do for the first thing. Eventually i can also add a organ who will create strong electricity by the horn of the unicorns. Have read, that something like this will be possible. Could work very well, if i am able to give the horn bouth possibilities. But that they will be tentacle who can act as hand aswell and give electricity, i think it should work. At least for the first. A high developed frontal lobe who can make telekinetic, could come later. But how the devs i would prefer it as mod and with high control who can develop such a species.

ido66667 wrote:
BTW, I would advise you to make a welcome thread, so other people could get to know you, exept me.
Good idea, will do when i come to it. ^^

And an additonal question. If we create a game in the sandbox mode with god tools, can we set evolution goals for the sandbox mode? As example, we have a bunch of animals and plants, so we define, that the planet should develope to this state and the game tries to auto-evo to it.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
Yes, it will do for the first thing. Eventually i can also add a organ who will create strong electricity by the horn of the unicorns. Have read, that something like this will be possible. Could work very well, if i am able to give the horn bouth possibilities. But that they will be tentacle who can act as hand aswell and give electricity, i think it should work. At least for the first. A high developed frontal lobe who can make telekinetic, could come later. But how the devs i would prefer it as mod and with high control who can develop such a species.

ido66667 wrote:
Good idea, will do when i come to it. ^^

And an additonal question. If we create a game in the sandbox mode with god tools, can we set evolution goals for the sandbox mode? As example, we have a bunch of animals and plants, so we define, that the planet should develope to this state and the game tries to auto-evo to it.

That is the AUTO-Evo point, we don't define goals.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 am

ido66667 wrote:
I mean as god tool, that u can give the auto-evo a plan to develop to this specific point.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 am

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
I mean as god tool, that u can give the auto-evo a plan to develop to this specific point.

What do you mean a plan.

BTW, I think the Auto still stands.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:58 am

Hmm, donno if i should call it auto evo. The idea behind is, that you give the game for a specific planet some plants, animals, etc. [In the god mode] (for the case you want to play a specific game). The game will start a semi automatic evolution, where the game tries to develop to this plants and animals tough the stages. So the game would have to look how the species is builded and has to direct the evolution in this direction.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
Hmm, donno if i should call it auto evo. The idea behind is, that you give the game for a specific planet some plants, animals, etc. [In the god mode] (for the case you want to play a specific game). The game will start a semi automatic evolution, where the game tries to develop to this plants and animals tough the stages. So the game would have to look how the species is builded and has to direct the evolution in this direction.

LOL, than what the point using the Auto-evo for your idea?
Just do a finished and complete animal.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 pm

ido66667 wrote:
Possible you don't want the other species finished already, when you leave the sea and want them to develop like you aswell, but become a specific species without you have to edit every evolution step. So something like a continues evolving planet, but to a target you want it to become.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
Possible you don't want the other species finished already, when you leave the sea and want them to develop like you aswell, but become a specific species without you have to edit every evolution step. So something like a continues evolving planet, but to a target you want it to become.
The Directional Editor (The same as the Organism Editor, but sets a species's evolutionary goal) could do this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm

The Uteen wrote:
The Directional Editor (The same as the Organism Editor, but sets a species's evolutionary goal) could do this sort of thing.
Wow, nice
I think when i get a mod who includes magic abilities and psionic and the game gets evolved with a engine at least so good looking like the Ogre3D engine, i could take all of my other games and throw them out of the window. I will never do anything else as Thrive in my freetime anymore. lol

Edit: Ok, there is actually one thing i don't get about the God Tools and its possible a stupid question who have been answered often enough. I read you unlock it and then you can use it in the running game and in the Sandbox Mode.
Now i have read about the sandbox mode a bit more and noticed, that it is complete empty until u create something. Is it possible, that you can start with a full galaxy aswell, like the normal game, only with God Tools enabled?
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 am

Silver Sterling wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Wow, nice
I think when i get a mod who includes magic abilities and psionic and the game gets evolved with a engine at least so good looking like the Ogre3D engine, i could take all of my other games and throw them out of the window. I will never do anything else as Thrive in my freetime anymore. lol

Edit: Ok, there is actually one thing i don't get about the God Tools and its possible a stupid question who have been answered often enough. I read you unlock it and then you can use it in the running game and in the Sandbox Mode.
Now i have read about the sandbox mode a bit more and noticed, that it is complete empty until u create something. Is it possible, that you can start with a full galaxy aswell, like the normal game, only with God Tools enabled?
The original idea of Sandbox mode is there is no galaxy, since you already have one in the main game, and exploring all of that will take the player many years of there life (est.). The Sandbox lets you get rid of the distractions of AI races and all the constant events of the main galaxy, and focus on just what you have deliberately created and want to interact with. This also helps save the player's disk-space, since having many galaxies is going to feast on their bytes until only a metal box full of stars remains.

The main galaxy is so big, if you wanted to have a full galaxy you could find an empty area pretty easily anyway.

EDIT: Although, you have just given me an idea: if the main galaxy and Sandbox Mode use the same file format, it should be quite simple to just import the main galaxy if you wanted.

Double EDIT: To get a new galaxy, move your galaxy file to another folder, making the game no longer see it, create a new galaxy, then import that new galaxy to Sandbox Mode and put your old galaxy back in place…
All of this doesn't even require programming, although if they do use the same format programming in a 'make galaxy' option shouldn't be too hard to do, since the main game does this anyway… I'm interested, maybe this could be a feature.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 am

Quote :
EDIT: Although, you have just given me an idea: if the main galaxy and Sandbox Mode use the same file format, it should be quite simple to just import the main galaxy if you wanted. Smile
Quote :
All of this doesn't even require programming, although if they do use the same format programming in a 'make galaxy' option shouldn't be too hard to do, since the main game does this anyway… I'm interested, maybe this could be a feature.
Both features would be indeed very nice. So you can build a complete new galaxy playground.

Leads to another question, about how much memory the galaxy needs. What i heard, we will have them procedural generated, when we reach them. Thats indeed the problem in the sandbox mode. It must be a hybrid mode, where you also only have a part of the Galaxy in your area. Everything must be created, when u zoom in to it in the edit mode. Otherwise it will really crash the harddrives. So similar how the normal game mode works. But think to code this in the edit mode wouldn't be to difficult. The player shouldn't just move to much around with the editor camera.

Leads to another question. I personally would prefer to have more as one savegame, but the problem is the size of the same savefiles, if something like this could be implemented. If they need to much harddrive space it wouldn't work at all.

Third thing, i know it has been discussed before and has been ruled out already and normaly it gives me a headache aswell. Time Travel.

I actually tought about this problem, and the only solution to it will be to have quantum realites. Only problem for this would be also indeed harddrive memory. So my system how it could possible work:

So the problems and the solutions:
1. We can't go back, because
- we can't see us in the past. (This could be only fixed, if Thrive would be able to manipulate the real life universe. And this can't be done by a game or even by some high developed science institue)
- we can't change our universe, because if we go back and change something, the universe would run a complete different past and we woudn't have the point anymore we have gone back. (This was mentioned before [Causality])
fix for this: If you drive back in time, you won't arrive in your own reality, but you would create a additional quantum reality. This could work like this:

The new reality would look like the reality you left, but your old self (the one of your past) and everything you did will be left in the old reality. This would lead to:
- if you jump forward in time, you will still be in the new reality. So things will happen, if you don't be there. The game will yust run fast forward without your influence. Because there is no second you.
- Possible some form of temporal anchor, who gives you the ability to jump back in the old reality. (The anchor would limit the time travel abilities [That you can't create 1000 anchors and blow your own harddrive, so one anchor should be enough. And would also ensure, that you can only jump back to the point you left your reality. So no jumping back in time and changing things in the same universe. Possible way, you can set an anchor to define this reality as your home reality. So you can only jump back then. If you are in another universe and set an anchor there, the first one will be gone and you have a new home reality.)
The anchor would be some fail safe system, if you want go back after a time travel to the point of the beginning of your time travel.

Second huge problem is, who can possible destroy the whole idea:
We only have a limited harddrive space. The anchor idea and that you only can have one home universe is also because of this limited space.
So the additional ideas would be:
- you only can go in centuries, or millenniums (This is because, the game has to make a snapshot of the galaxy in the past to be able to drive to the past. Would have making this continously couldn't work, because you would have your harddrive full in few years ingame time.)
- you can only go back a maximum time length (So about 10.000 - 100.000 years in the past, after this the game would oversave the last snapshot of the galaxy to prevent the time saves from becoming to huge)
This could possible be some restrictions in the time universe, like a cycle where the borders of the space time continuum is weakest.

The idea after it would be the possibility to be able with god tools or high development, to go back tough time, if you would change some things, testing or even play from this time again, eventually with stuff you took with you from the future and with god tools, without interfering with the time line in general.

So sorry for dig out this topic again, but i have seen a thread (who i didn't want to bump anymore) with this topic where was asked about time travel
https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t262-time-travel
So to keep this clear, i don't want to start any dicussion. I think its even worthless. Because with switching into another reality and limit the timepoints we can go into time and the maximum time we can go, it would not work. How mentioned before and in the thread we can't meet ourself and we can't change timeflow. And also when our ideas and inspiration are nearly endless, our harddrive aren't. Also if we save the galaxy all time, the game would proberly slow down very much. So i don't see any ways to make a different concept of it. And how this could be altered is a thing only the developer know.
So i keep it in the hand of the devs of this forum, if they want another discussion about this idea or not. If its so, they can start another post round in the other topic or here about time travel. If not i request all users to see this as simple idea about this concept for the developers and please don't comment it.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
Quote :
EDIT: Although, you have just given me an idea: if the main galaxy and Sandbox Mode use the same file format, it should be quite simple to just import the main galaxy if you wanted. Smile
Quote :
Both features would be indeed very nice. So you can build a complete new galaxy playground.

Leads to another question, about how much memory the galaxy needs. What i heard, we will have them procedural generated, when we reach them. Thats indeed the problem in the sandbox mode. It must be a hybrid mode, where you also only have a part of the Galaxy in your area. Everything must be created, when u zoom in to it in the edit mode. Otherwise it will really crash the harddrives. So similar how the normal game mode works. But think to code this in the edit mode wouldn't be to difficult. The player shouldn't just move to much around with the editor camera.

Leads to another question. I personally would prefer to have more as one savegame, but the problem is the size of the same savefiles, if something like this could be implemented. If they need to much harddrive space it wouldn't work at all.

Third thing, i know it has been discussed before and has been ruled out already and normaly it gives me a headache aswell. Time Travel.

I actually tought about this problem, and the only solution to it will be to have quantum realites. Only problem for this would be also indeed harddrive memory. So my system how it could possible work:

So the problems and the solutions:
1. We can't go back, because
- we can't see us in the past. (This could be only fixed, if Thrive would be able to manipulate the real life universe. And this can't be done by a game or even by some high developed science institue)
- we can't change our universe, because if we go back and change something, the universe would run a complete different past and we woudn't have the point anymore we have gone back. (This was mentioned before [Causality])
fix for this: If you drive back in time, you won't arrive in your own reality, but you would create a additional quantum reality. This could work like this:

The new reality would look like the reality you left, but your old self (the one of your past) and everything you did will be left in the old reality. This would lead to:
- if you jump forward in time, you will still be in the new reality. So things will happen, if you don't be there. The game will yust run fast forward without your influence. Because there is no second you.
- Possible some form of temporal anchor, who gives you the ability to jump back in the old reality. (The anchor would limit the time travel abilities [That you can't create 1000 anchors and blow your own harddrive, so one anchor should be enough. And would also ensure, that you can only jump back to the point you left your reality. So no jumping back in time and changing things in the same universe. Possible way, you can set an anchor to define this reality as your home reality. So you can only jump back then. If you are in another universe and set an anchor there, the first one will be gone and you have a new home reality.)
The anchor would be some fail safe system, if you want go back after a time travel to the point of the beginning of your time travel.

Second huge problem is, who can possible destroy the whole idea:
We only have a limited harddrive space. The anchor idea and that you only can have one home universe is also because of this limited space.
So the additional ideas would be:
- you only can go in centuries, or millenniums (This is because, the game has to make a snapshot of the galaxy in the past to be able to drive to the past. Would have making this continously couldn't work, because you would have your harddrive full in few years ingame time.)
- you can only go back a maximum time length (So about 10.000 - 100.000 years in the past, after this the game would oversave the last snapshot of the galaxy to prevent the time saves from becoming to huge)
This could possible be some restrictions in the time universe, like a cycle where the borders of the space time continuum is weakest.

The idea after it would be the possibility to be able with god tools or high development, to go back tough time, if you would change some things, testing or even play from this time again, eventually with stuff you took with you from the future and with god tools, without interfering with the time line in general.

So sorry for dig out this topic again, but i have seen a thread (who i didn't want to bump anymore) with this topic where was asked about time travel
https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t262-time-travel
So to keep this clear, i don't want to start any dicussion. I think its even worthless. Because with switching into another reality and limit the timepoints we can go into time and the maximum time we can go, it would not work. How mentioned before and in the thread we can't meet ourself and we can't change timeflow. And also when our ideas and inspiration are nearly endless, our harddrive aren't. Also if we save the galaxy all time, the game would proberly slow down very much. So i don't see any ways to make a different concept of it. And how this could be altered is a thing only the developer know.
So i keep it in the hand of the devs of this forum, if they want another discussion about this idea or not. If its so, they can start another post round in the other topic or here about time travel. If not i request all users to see this as simple idea about this concept for the developers and please don't comment it.

Well, No time travel, It breaks relativity, This game is about science, and we want to keep it real as much as we can.

Theoreticly, if one will be near a black hole (And will not be "Sucked" Into it, IDK How, MAGIC.)... The time near a black flows slower compared to object that is less affected my huge masses or that does not move near the speed of light, For the Traveler, it will pass maybe a few hours, but in the other object, A few years will pass.

And we can't create diffrent realities, Also, How the word "Quantum" Is related?
We can't create stuff like that cus the changes you will do will have too much effect at once that the PC can Calculate.

You can't really call it time traveling, Just the relativity of time, but there is one flaw, How can that creature stay near a black hole and not get "Sucked" Into it.

Last edited by ido66667 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:24 pm

It just has to keep from crossing the event horizon.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm

~sciocont wrote:
It just has to keep from crossing the event horizon.

That the problem, The gravity is so strong!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sterling
Newcomer
Silver Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Quote :
Well, No time travel, It breaks relativity, This game is about science, and we want to keep it real as much as we can.
God Tool. Or a time gate/travel tool would be something what could be nearly as complicating to build as an ascension machine. And how told, it was actually more an idea how it could work as a bit later comment on the thread about it.
Anyway, intresting would be the possibility to get into an earlier game time.

Quote :
For the Traveler, it will pass maybe a few hours, but in the other object, A few years will pass.
Wouldn't this happend by speeds near to light aswell?
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Silver Sterling wrote:
Quote :
God Tool. Or a time gate/travel tool would be something what could be nearly as complicating to build as an ascension machine. And how told, it was actually more an idea how it could work as a bit later comment on the thread about it.
Anyway, intresting would be the possibility to get into an earlier game time.

Quote :
For the Traveler, it will pass maybe a few hours, but in the other object, A few years will pass.
Wouldn't this happend by speeds near to light aswell?

As relativity you can't pass the speed of light...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next