Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Microbe Models/Images/Textures

Go down 
+28
Nimbal
Tritium
Naevius
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
EnergyKnife
Oliveriver
NikolaAnicic007
Xazo-Tak
MeowMan1
JackOfSpades
Theusfilipe
silkroadgame
FunnyGames
untrustedlife
RodGame
WilliamstheJohn
ICEF1SCH
tentacleface762
GravityGames
Raptorstorm
Tré Wisemen
Exrudius
P3DR0PS
The Uteen
Daniferrito
Thriving Cheese
~sciocont
NickTheNick
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tentacleface762
Newcomer

Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 am

Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 02_poisonstick_prev

umm i'll upload the file when i have more done. its meant to be poison sticker.

PS:
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 03_clonestick_prev
clonesticker. meant to be transluscent as well. doesnt really display well on maya

PPS:
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 04_squirmer_prev
squirmer

i've decided to redo clonesticker because it doesnt really translate well as top down thing.

PPPS:
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 05_squisher_prev

ummm squisher
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Excellent work with those. Before you go on modelling, check that what you're making is on the current list of organelles/protocells. The list is here.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Wow, great work at making so many cool models so rapidly!
Back to top Go down
tentacleface762
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 pm

i've been following the list shown here.
link
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Shoot, thanks for pointing that out, Ill have to update the OP soon.
Back to top Go down
tentacleface762
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 am

if i've been making things that have been already made, thats fine. didnt really take much time to make these anyways. and more i make these things, the quicker i get at making them.

anyways, thought i would bring this up now. some concerns as an artist...or sort

one of the concern i have for these cells is their relative size. would be nice if i could get all the cells lined up and sized up to an appropriate sizes. this is so i could see how much polygon count should be in each models. big ones can have more and little ones can have less. the same also goes for texture size. if the thing is big, i will create a big texture temple and vice versa for small.

secondly, the cells do not seem to visually represent what they do. for example, in the sketch provided, holder and cooker basically looks the same except one change. this would be fine if there werent that many cells and the player can remember all of them. but there are a lot of cells. and if you got that many cells, it is hard to remember what each do. i've took some liberty with some of the models. shiner is shaped like a lightbulb, poison sticker is stabby and purple(poison) and squirmer is vaguely shaped like a bird cos what it does is flap to move. none of these models look like the original concept. so my question is, do you guys prefer scientific faithfulness or game practicality? either way suits me fine but i need you guys to specify

if you are going with scientific faithfulness: the names of all the real-life cells that correspond with the game cells

if you are going with game practicality : the names of all the real-life cells(for reference reasons), how much you guys want to emphasis the functions/speciality of the cells, what kind of vibe do you want the cells to show(aggressive, calm, speedy, small, humongous) and preferably with a colour scheme choice.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm

The updated organelle/protocell list should help resolve some of those.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 am

Okay, so I updated the list of protocells to make. If you are curious as to why the numbers are colour coded, check out Scio's big post on this thread.
Back to top Go down
ICEF1SCH
Newcomer

Location : Austria - No we dont have any kangaroos in europe :P

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:04 pm

So ive made my first contribute: A Writher:
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Writhe11
i hope thats ok so far ^^
Im going to texure it soon! then it will look more realistic!
In what format should i export the 3D models?

Edit: in motion the low poly thingy does not show that much
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ICEF1SCH
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 am

ICEF1SCH wrote:
So ive made my first contribute: A Writher:
Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Writhe11
i hope thats ok so far ^^
Im going to texure it soon! then it will look more realistic!
In what format should i export the 3D models?

Edit: in motion the low poly thingy does not show that much

It looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:55 am

Very nice work ICEF1SCH!
Back to top Go down
RodGame
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:36 pm

It's nice to see so much nice asset being created and shared on the forum! Those definitely look good.

Someone should be in charge of gathering all the assets and putting them together while keeping track of who did what for further modification purpose. This would allow an easy access to asset for developer

An up-to-date list of what is done and what is to be done would be pretty nice too.

Since NickTheNick has different management task on hand, I think someone from the asset creation team should pick it up and focus on getting it done.

Anyone interested ? We could discuss afterward on the How to do it.

@NickTheNick: I can't access the link about the color scheme of the OP. You should state the color meaning right on the OP instead of linking to another post on the 5th page
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm

I was keeping these uploaded to my Mediafire folder, but here on vacation I don't have access to my desktop. It probably doesn't seem like I'm on vacation, by the way, since I post so much anyways.

I would love if someone was willing to take up the task of managing the art assets, since it does get challenging managing so many things at a time. If someone offers, post here or PM me, but I need to trust you enough to handle it and you need to be able to make a commitment to it.

What do you mean by the colour scheme? Which link?
Back to top Go down
RodGame
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Okay, so I updated the list of protocells to make. If you are curious as to why the numbers are colour coded, check out Scio's big post on this thread.

I was referring to this.

So, anyone who has done some of those asset is interested in structuring with us the asset management ? That'd be a good way to implicate yourself more in the project!
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Ohh okay. Let me fix that. I was worried that posting it would make the OP too long, plus it doesnt specifically relate to the modelling, but I'll add it if you wish.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm back in with a background that actually tiles, and looks fairly nice at close ranges.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:56 pm

I like that background and it fits the darker style I imagine the game will end up looking like. (darker as in darker colors)
Back to top Go down
FunnyGames
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

That's looks great. Would fit perfectly for a dark side planets.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

It's a very good thing you put that in a spoiler.

Great work, as always Scio.
Back to top Go down
silkroadgame

silkroadgame

Location : Room 801, Building A, Ying Da Li Tech Digital Park, Fu Tian free trade zone, Shenzhen, china

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:08 am

Awesome works!
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-silkroad.com
Theusfilipe
Newcomer
Theusfilipe

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Hello Thrivers, I'm making some models for cells, but what about parts for cells? The organelles, that kind of thing. I think we would need these things in a separate way.

First make the nucleus then in the coding make it react with the membrane, make the animation for the cell movement/reproduction, then we see were we go.

I think it would make a good division of work making it easier to model and the cells would be easier to diverse. If we make the cell in a total we would have to change it, but with each part separate from the other we could change that only thing and the whole cell would be the same.

An example, instead of making the whole shiner we could make only the part that shines. Instead of making the whole meat-eater we could make his sections.

What you guys think?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Theusfilipe wrote:
Hello Thrivers, I'm making some models for cells, but what about parts for cells? The organelles, that kind of thing. I think we would need these things in a separate way.

First make the nucleus then in the coding make it react with the membrane, make the animation for the cell movement/reproduction, then we see were we go.

I think it would make a good division of work making it easier to model and the cells would be easier to diverse. If we make the cell in a total we would have to change it, but with each part separate from the other we could change that only thing and the whole cell would be the same.

An example, instead of making the whole shiner we could make only the part that shines. Instead of making the whole meat-eater we could make his sections.

What you guys think?
That's pretty much the idea behind the new organelle list in the OP.
Back to top Go down
JackOfSpades

JackOfSpades

PostSubject: 3D art/ modeling.   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 pm

This is a snapshot of my most recent model i have made. I am willing to create models of limbs/ attachment/ full cells. I am just confused with the layout of the forum so i don't know what is done, what isn't done , and what needs to be done.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Welcome to the project JackOfSpades!

Check out the thread here:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1131-art-team-we-need-you

It is a more up to date progress report of our art assets. It has a list, on the third post down, of all the models that need completion, and all that have been finished. Thriving Cheese is coordinating the modelling effort at the moment.

That's a very nice droideka model. I'm sure you would be loads of help on the team.
Back to top Go down
JackOfSpades

JackOfSpades

PostSubject: questions.   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Would it be better to do organelles since there seem to be less done? also for things like flagellum, how is the animation supposed to work in game? will it be an animated body part, or multiple models that it cycles through, like a stop animation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Models/Images/Textures   Microbe Models/Images/Textures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microbe Models/Images/Textures
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next