Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+93
JoseAAV
Disastericks
Secondkingstons
EnergyKnife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Grimm Reaper
Atrox
Xazo-Tak
HariboTer
Naevius
jay sheddan
Im a Peanut
Tritium
Tarpy
Narnobie123
Gawbad
Nimbal
Thriving Cheese
WJacobC
FunnyGames
PerfectOrganismil
TheSmart_1
Dilophoraptor
untrustedlife
BioMike
energypro
RodGame
protoast
Cobalt58
jman12351
Sundu
ExtraSolar
Dumb_person69
spacetime_dinosaur
Oliveriver
Calfeggs
NikolaAnicic007
MitochondriaBox
Tré Wisemen
SmartGenius
ComradeDoc
THRIVE
thrivepedia
beachbum111111
WilliamstheJohn
ingaborgasaurus
Raptorstorm
alduin2013
decelis93
Noone
gvd72
Jopetsu
Daniferrito
M3rox
Rorsten594
roadkillguy
Silver Sterling
Carnifex
Seregon
PREDAL1ENWARRIOR
GamerXA
Brennus
nziswat
PHILmg
NickTheNick
wwewar
ethroptur
Orygandian2
penumbra espinosa
Pezzalis
zippybomb
jmc-24
Holomanga
MeowMan1
Kraeken
Crimsonspawn
Hegataro
Theusfilipe
PTFace
Doggit
Sgt. Lost Time
US_of_Alaska
Admiral Van Tromp
ido66667
D4RK_VOID
bill2505
Dr_Chillgood
Tenebrarum
Army-Lion
Mysterious_Calligrapher
~sciocont
The Uteen
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Daniferrito wrote:
Ok, you need an external program (windows alone isnt able to decompress it, while it can work with zip). However, nearly any program will do the job. Here is a list of all the decompresing programs that will do the job: link.

Althrough i agree that as .zip is compatible with plain windows, you should look into recompresing and reuploading it as zip.
Will try to do this, but the ModDB update is going up with a link to the .rar right now. The news should be authorized soon and our first update will be ready.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 am

~sciocont wrote:
COMPILATION

Beautiful, Scio! We have all music in one place now!

EDIT: Wow, 95 posts, i will soon be learner!
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Spoiler:
Great video, and a very good recreation of the theme, Oliver.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 am

The Uteen wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

Also, I should have said this in my last post, but I've now passed 42 posts. Maybe the question was, 'How many posts did Oliveriver have on the Thrive forums before his 43rd?'
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

Also, I should have said this in my last post, but I've now passed 42 posts. Maybe the question was, 'How many posts did Oliveriver have on the Thrive forums before his 43rd?'
The Eureka-effect! That kinda explains everything..........
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 am

My idea how mini-maps could function:

In microbe stage, there wont be minimaps.
In multicellular, aware and awakening stage mini maps will be small, and more inteligent your creature is, they will show more things behind them.
When you get to society, concept gets more interesting:
Unlike Spore, where you can automaticaly se anything, in Thrive (similiar to Civilization, or Anno games)
Parts of screen and mini map wont be shown unitl you send at least one unit to that place. Defined by their sight range, it will show space around sended unit (if your organism has low sight range, circle showing stuff around them will be small, and if your organism have high sight range, circle around them will be big.
Place what you explored will be shown on mini maps and screen even when there is none of your units at it. Unitl you deveplov cartography, or geography, places will again be shown as unexplored after some time (if you dont go to them often).This would fix problem spore had: RTS mode was like ,,you can go everywhere'' like in observer mode.

What about idea?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 am

Already covered.
Back to top Go down
M3rox
Newcomer
M3rox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

Can you send a link please? I couldn't find anything.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Already covered.

Good, but when i searched, i couldnt find any pages relating to it.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:13 pm

There are no specific threads on it. Instead, it is listed in the Research and Inventions List, as well as mentioned in several other threads.

I was able to dig up the thread I discussed it on, it was in the same month I first joined.
Back to top Go down
M3rox
Newcomer
M3rox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 am

Got an idea for strategy mode and view range:
In many strategy games, undiscovered parts of the map are black and if you send your troops somewhere undiscovered, the black part becomes colored. The colored area depends on the view range of your troops. So, my idea is to make undiscovered parts of the world blurred, but the further away your units are, the stronger becomes the blur effect, so you can't see the whole planet with only one unit.
What do you think?

PS: Sorry if this was already suggested, couldn't find something like this in the forums.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

M3rox wrote:
In many strategy games, undiscovered parts of the map are black and if you send your troops somewhere undiscovered, the black part becomes colored. The colored area depends on the view range of your troops. So, my idea is to make undiscovered parts of the world blurred, but the further away your units are, the stronger becomes the blur effect, so you can't see the whole planet with only one unit.
What do you think?

PS: Sorry if this was already suggested, couldn't find something like this in the forums.

Acttualy, i suggested that on my post here, but i didnt mention blurr.
Back to top Go down
M3rox
Newcomer
M3rox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:36 pm

WilliamstheJohn wrote:
M3rox wrote:
What do you think?

Acttualy, i suggested that on my post here, but i didnt mention blurr.

You're right, our ideas are similar, but my suggestion was to replace the black part of the map/planet/whatever with a blurred version of the planet, until you send someone there to scout that area. This way it's not like in Spore, but also different to all the popular strategy games I know.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Fog of war already does that. Anything not in your line of sight, but previously discovered, remains visible in the fog of war like the right half of this map.

Anything not in your line of sight, and not discovered either, is completely black.
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: Temporary Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm

What is a Belgium space ship also will w be able to go through wormholes and gas giants atmosphere can we find the sol system and nebula and also will we be able to build space stations?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 pm

The original thread you posted that in was terribly irrelevant, so I moved it here. Please use this as a miscellaneous questions thread.

Space ship means space ship. Belgium is a word we use instead of swear words. You can do the math.

Wormholes I am not sure about.

Just as a side note, try to separate your questions to make each one easier to identify.

Gas giants can be entered, yes.

Sol system will probably be an added Easter Egg.

Space stations for sure.
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
The original thread you posted that in was terribly irrelevant, so I moved it here. Please use this as a miscellaneous questions thread.

Space ship means space ship. Belgium is a word we use instead of swear words. You can do the math.

Wormholes I am not sure about.

Just as a side note, try to separate your questions to make each one easier to identify.

Gas giants can be entered, yes.

Sol system will probably be an added Easter Egg.

Space stations for sure.

Oops thanks and sorry
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:20 am

I have a question for which you surely already responded, but I have not found.

If we get to a point in the game where our race is extinguished for any reason (natural patterns, domain from another race, alien invasion, pollution) and we lose, where we can start the game?

I think it's highly scientific and realistic restart the game from the start so that every player should dedicate themselves to, and access to the final stages of the game (such as the phase space) is something challenging but satisfying.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:36 am

I asked about that once, don't think there was much discussion, In my prototype if you die you just gain control over the nearest creature that is of your species, maybe we will do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:48 am

untrustedlife wrote:
I asked about that once, don't think there was much discussion, In my prototype if you die you just gain control over the nearest creature that is of your species, maybe we will do it that way.

In particular, the cellular stage it is normal that if you die you go to the control of another cell. I meant just when your race or your planet is completely destroyed what happens.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Then its game over.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:29 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Then its game over.

And u have to start over?
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:13 am

Doggit wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Then its game over.

In my opinion that would be a little too cruel. Maybe the player gets to choose a save file and start again from that point?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:40 am

Well obviously, there's nothing stopping the player from reloading an earlier save. Think of dying in the Elder Scrolls series.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:09 am

Tarpy wrote:
Doggit wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Then its game over.

In my opinion that would be a little too cruel. Maybe the player gets to choose a save file and start again from that point?

Or the player could choose a difficulty very specific: One difficulty called "realism" that the player chooses is aware that once defeat his kind, he is forced to start over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next